Pretty speechless if i'm honest.

smoochy boys on tour

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
ahh right... erm I'll have to check the images and see why it is doing that then (I thought I was close to understanding what was going on if it was mir3 images lol)

EDIT: had a quick look at the code now I have the correct info for the images that were messing up... I know what is causing the problem now and can fix it... the middle layer doesn't do the same size check as the front layer in the client code... ....

I'm not sure if it is ment to work how it is in the client or map editor... is all normal (mir2) middle layers images the same size as one cell and not larger images like tilestrips? except mir3 maps which do have tilestrips on the middle layer? ... just wondering if there is a reason it could draw the image from the top (it may be that it is ment to be behind the player and this is how that is achieved?) wouldn't want paths that use tilestrips to suddenly be in front of the player lol

I followed these pointers that Akaras made back in August 2019 and solved the issue with middle layer image strips drawing.

But I hit a snag pushing the change up to my GH mir2 forked source. I came up against the same issue earlier when trying to push map editor changes to GH map editor repository (which I did for sport's sake since my code is not deemed worthy of pull requests to supercode... LOL but anyway).

I just don't see any of my code changes up there on GH even if VS says I successfully pushed to 'origin/master'. My remote url is listed in remotes in VS and I started with clean slate with mir2 client - made new forked repo last night, opened the code with VS which downloaded the source to my PC and made local repository here. After editing the code and saving it locally, I press the Push icon as you see here but like with map editor, I don't see anything added in the mir2 client repo on GH.

1643229279800.png 1643229526668.png

I select origin/master (if I select anything that is, and this seems to be most logical to select LOL) as above on successive tries to push but nothing ever gets pushed up to GH repo. Do I need to create New Branch perhaps?? From my understanding what branching is about, I don't think so. I am OK with merging my code change to the forked repo.

Also the drop down menu always defaults back to Locals Master selected when I let go of it (that's what is selected when I drop it down next time).
How dense does this VS has to be, I think it is to prevent all but accomplished coders to use it.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I can't really speak for your issues, but your screenshot is showing branches for the main crystal source. Why would you want to push your map editor source to that repo?

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I can't really speak for your issues, but your screenshot is showing branches for the main crystal source.
Just in case since it is easily assumed the talk here is about map editor code... this is about Mir2 Client code. That middle layer problem had nothing to do with map editor code, the change had to be done in mir client code.

By 'main crystal source' you mean on supercode GH page or on mine? I take it you mean supercode and of course I don't mean to do that.

I assume the push I am doing is to my remote repo which is a fork of supercode (I know what you think of my 'assumptions' but one has to start somewhere LOL). My remotes list only my GH site so if it somehow wanted to push to supercode, I suppose it would not report back a successful push!?

VS shouldn't know about supercode's url but if it does, then I'd ask if you did receive some 'traffic' from me when I successfully push? I take it nothing like that happened or you would have said so already.

Regarding that drop down menu for remotes, what should I choose from that if anything?

'Origin' sounds like it refers to supercode but I understand that means my fork on GH or at least that's what tutorials told me last fall when I was uploading map editor to GH
1643250742951.png

I thought you or somebody would see right away what the problem is. I want to upload my code changes to my forked mir2 repo on GH that I made yesterday. Once it is up there, I would commit the change (if needed) and make pull request to supercode.

Attachments

• 1643249258753.png
    1643249258753.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
You should fork the map editor source from my repo of you haven't already, then add a new remote URL.

Also check your main crystal repo, my guess is you've just pushed all your map editor changes to that. Obviously it won't complain as nothing would conflict

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks, I will investigate that some more later on today.

As to mixing map editor with mir client source, I doubt that, I am being careful but its true I have second instance of VS open with map editor all along and you never know...

I started completely clean with mir client, made new repo and opened the code in VS which created new Local repo and I opened that in VS...

OK it works now, instead of that blue icon for Push I needed to drop down the menu Commit All and select Commit All and Push. I completely forgot how I did it last year with map editor. Had no idea I needed to commit first, also that menu is almost invisible unless in desperation one starts crawling over all options.

1643313109783.png