Probs with Atributes

smoochy boys on tour

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
My current maps and objects dont allow me to see spider cave or the buildings with the blue roofs:mad: so i downloaded masks new objects tiles etc (the 1s withpalm trees btw) i popped them into my data folder and all looked oki :yyyipe: with the exception of few object sets ship etc. this didnt bother me............. this does however:noooo2:. I cant get no atributes on my map maker :banghead: tryed loads ways can ne 1 understand why

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
Richens how are u using new objects plz? or are u editing current objct file ??

stan

Attributes can be added using the Att button at the top of the map editor program , just click it , then click where you want them to go and just refresh the Program by moving the tab up and down on the side.

Its how i do it =-).

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Well im no longer mapping in 1.4 to be honest. Im using the latest Ledu Objects (10 of them). And i am using the new mapedit which reads 50 object files.

It is available here - New MapEdit

This MapEdit is to be put in the Root folder where your exe + ini files are. You will also need a "Dat2" Folder, where you put all SmTile+Tile files.

This MapEdit also works for 1.4 so try it.

If you still get any problems just post.

*Oh and ill rar the 10 objects up and make them available soon.

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
:atpc: Thx for posting Stan but it was i lil more complicated than that. The original post was mine i didnt realize i was on Spl1ffs acc. :atpc:
Richens:- Atm i dont have mir 1.5 ive done wot u said but using 1.4 i got the objects files from somewhere or other i cant remember where .....ne way i popped them in and things sorted worked :bball: Ive been trying to dl 1.9 from your page last few days but with no luck yet :banghead: ( only on 56k till exchange gets upgraded in May) ..........2 more questions tho the map editor gave me cant find objects 11-50 does it always do that even when its working properly???? also to load objects Mir.set ! Will i find that find that file in 1.9 later ???? or can i get that somewhere else??? I dont really want to start doing maps in 1.5 uc i just wanna nick some of the objects for 1.4...Uve been great help (as always :) ) thankyou in advance

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Yes it allways does the 11-50 Objects Check, dont worry about that.

Wait till your on broadband b4 u download the client :P

If you want stuff in 1.4 all you have to do is download the object files that Mark released and grab the maps. I think then you will also need his "mir.set" file. Make a post on his release asking for it if it isn't in one of his downloads. (But ur on 56k aint ya :S)

Coming back to your attribute problem.. Can you get attributes fine now with the new MapMaker?

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
Soz its been a few days ty for ur reply richens .....i decided to w8 and design in 1.9 the attributes dont work in fact all crashes i get i cba with it so i got a friend sendin me a disc....ive been working on 1 map for over 4 monthes sounds in credible but w8 u c it ull understand why.... ill need now to edit my objects into the the new objects when i get them which means loads work but it will b worth it ..but ill save my map in 1.4 + objects1 and release them after ive premiered my map in my new server which will now b a 1.9 server ........ ive recently found anotherway that suites me to make new objects btw....i use autocad to produce isometric drawings then colour them with paintshop pro9 loads to discuss with u id like to have your msn btw ty for your time