PS4 vs XBOX One

smoochy boys on tour

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Well Ladys n Gents with both console's finally been revealed at E3.

What do you guys think to the next generation of affordable gaming console?

FeaturePlayStation 4Xbox OneWii U
Price$399.99 [1]$499.99$349.99 / 299.99
Optical DriveBlu-ray/DVD [2]Blu-ray/DVD [3]25GB Optical Disc (Proprietary)
Game DVRYes [4]Yes [5]No
RAM8GB GDDR5 [6]8GB DDR3 [7]2GB DDR3 [8]
CPUSingle-chip x86 AMD "Jaguar" processor, 8 cores [9]8 Core Microsoft custom CPU[10]Multi-Core PowerPC "Espresso" CPU [11]
Storage500 GB Hard Drive (user removeable)[12]500 GB Hard Drive (non-removeable)[13]8GB or 32GB Flash
External StorageTBAYes, USB [14]Yes, USB
Cloud StorageYes [15]Yes [16]No
Mandatory Game InstallsNo [17]Yes [18]No
Required Internet ConnectionNo [19]Yes [20]No
Used Game FeeNo[21]Publisher Dependent
Yes[22]Publisher Dependent
No
Backwards CompatibilityNone [23]None [24]Yes, Wii
Cross Game ChatYes [25]Yes [26]No
Motion ControlDualShock 4, PlayStation 4 Eye(not included), PlayStation Move(not included)Kinect 2Wii Remote, Wii U GamePad (included)
Second ScreenVita (not included) [27]SmartGlass (not included) [28]Wii U GamePad (included)
Voice CommandsTBA
Yes [29]No
Subscription ServicePlayStation Plus[30]Xbox Live [31]No
USBUSB 3.0 [32]USB 3.0 [33]USB 2.0
Live StreamingYesYesNo
Reputation PreservationTrophies will be portedAchievements will be ported[34]N/A
Web ConnectionEthernet, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n[35]Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n WiFi [36]IEEE 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, LAN via USB dongle
BlueToothBluetooth 2.1 (EDR)[37]No*Bluetooth Support [38]
A/V HookupsHDMI (4K Support [39]) , Analog (Component, RCA), Optical output[40]HDMI input and output (4K support), Optical output[41]HDMI out, Component/ Composite out
Region LockedNoYes [42]Yes

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
PS4 all the way for me. I personally think Microsoft have made a little **** up.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
ps 4 has a slight edge in specs but PSN sucks donkey balls and they really dont have any exclusives me or the ppl i play with are interested in.

ppl saying sony won E3 is bull **** the only thing they did better was the used game thing. MS even said they would leave it to the devs and its gonna happen on ps4 any way just like current gen they will just add the online passes.

getting both on launch so not really fussed about either.

ps the Wii U is not next gen......

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
ps 4 has a slight edge in specs but PSN sucks donkey balls and they really dont have any exclusives me or the ppl i play with are interested in.

ppl saying sony won E3 is bull **** the only thing they did better was the used game thing. MS even said they would leave it to the devs and its gonna happen on ps4 any way just like current gen they will just add the online passes.

getting both on launch so not really fussed about either.

ps the Wii U is not next gen......

Sony have already said no online passes but really it's more than that, simple things like lending a friend a game is now a chore. Want to sell your collection on eBay? Tough ****. Want to play that game you got delivered a day early? Tough **** (Most likely here). The Online check in is built into the Console btw, not up to publishers, same with renting/used games etc. Used Games will required supported retailers regardless.

Sony = Same policies as PS3 on PS4.
MS = Hey this is what we want and what publishers want and we don't give a **** what you as a gamer wants.

I've already got the PS4 pre-ordered and I'll pick up the Xbox One for Halo but to say they are the same or to try downplay the **** MS are trying to pull is wrong. It doesn't benefit users, it's not a good thing and it sure as **** isn't like Steam (Something a lot of people seem to try say)

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Sony have already said no online passes but really it's more than that, simple things like lending a friend a game is now a chore. Want to sell your collection on eBay? Tough ****. Want to play that game you got delivered a day early? Tough **** (Most likely here). The Online check in is built into the Console btw, not up to publishers.

Sony = Same policies as PS3 on PS4.
MS = Hey this is what we want and what publishers want and we don't give a **** what you as a gamer wants.

I've already got the PS4 pre-ordered and I'll pick up the Xbox One for Halo but to say they are the same or to try downplay the **** MS are trying to pull is wrong. It doesn't benefit users, it's not a good thing and it sure as **** isn't like Steam (Something a lot of people seem to try say)
Well put.

MS really have shot their selves in the foot. 24hr online check in? May not seem like a big thing as we all have internet connections.

But what if you're going away and won't have a connection? Sometimes people like to take their consoles to pass time on whilst there... Not gonna work on the 360.
What if you have a big internet issue in your area? We've had BT cut through the wire outside taking out connection down for a couple of days. Would have been screwed if you lived in that area.
People in the army who take their consoles to other countries with no connection... Not gonna work.

I have no issues with PSN, but I only play FIFA and Battlefield online and have noticed no difference on the xbox than I do PSN.
PS Plus is the best thing ever... Free games every month and no games like XBL have just given you (Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3?!) they're newish games.
LBP Karting and XCOM just been added.

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
I'll be buying a PS4 from what I've seen, I used to only play on Xbox 360 but I won't be buying the new Xbox one

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Are any devs working on a console mmo yet?? That's all I'm arsed about.

Been waiting since the ps3 came out...

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Are any devs working on a console mmo yet?? That's all I'm arsed about.

Been waiting since the ps3 came out...
Think DriveClub is Single Player but friends can join your world.

Theres also Diablo3 FFXIV and The Elder Scrolls Online.

Cant see Microsoft selling many XBOX's here within the UK. Theyve concentrated on TV aspect to much, how is this gonna work in the UK?

Ive PreOrderd my PS4 Yesterday with COD Ghost's

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
PS4.

Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot, and lost the majority of the fanbase they had. I don't see the Xbox "One" selling well as it stands right now.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
PS4, Xbox One have shot themselves down on so many points, Internet connection every 24hours otherwise the console won't work. The first point that was laughed about. The next point, pricing, pretty much the same price US and UK in pounds and dollars, the EU didn't like that.

Prism, You all know of it by now I assume and the NSA, well xbox one is looking to be banned from Germany and other countries due to them basically selling all data the kinnect records.

Indie developers, sony have welcomed them with open arms, microsoft has said oh hey you have to sign all this royalties bullshit.

£5 for 18 free games a month while staying connected on the PS4 internet wise, and this applies to all accounts on the console.
Xbox Live 2 free games a month, only 1 account.

Here's another funny snippet from the xbox one:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMqF-7LCcAAyWvl.jpg

Fact is overall sony have gone the right way, they're offering better features, opening up to indie gamers, allowing game sharing, the works. And I honestly do think they've done well. So PS4 for me.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Xbox One. Reasons?

Because i have the compilation license for it. Good day!.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
**** it lads... If you don't like the look of the Xbox one, just buy/keep a 360.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
I personally will not be buying any for myself. The console died for me after the PS2. So I stick with the PC.

My son however loves his XBox 360 and will probably want the Xbox One. The wife says she wants to get him the Xbox One. Now I refuse to have that thing in my house as it will invade my privacy. So I will be doing my best to convince her that he would be better off with a PS4.

On the other hand I could troll the lad by shouting "Xbox Off" and watch him weep as the last time he saved his state was hours ago.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I personally will not be buying any for myself. The console died for me after the PS2. So I stick with the PC.

My son however loves his XBox 360 and will probably want the Xbox One. The wife says she wants to get him the Xbox One. Now I refuse to have that thing in my house as it will invade my privacy. So I will be doing my best to convince her that he would be better off with a PS4.

On the other hand I could troll the lad by shouting "Xbox Off" and watch him weep as the last time he saved his state was hours ago.
I can see quite a few women pissing their partners off with this!

"I wish you'd turn that bloody xbox off!"

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
PC master race bitch's!

in all seriousness id prolly go with ps4, i don't play console all that often, and mainly use it for a media hub/ bluray player, either way i could stand to wait a few months till after release and see peoples proper reviews before i make up my mind as it stands i dont think the next gen consoles are bringing all that much to the table, but so far im leaning towards ps4.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
For me, no XBox comes into the house.
I love my PS3.. I use it as Home Entertainment and from time to time I play a bit...
so I'm going to also buy the PS4 .
PS: MS...
- WIN8 Fail
- Win8.1 Fail
- XBox Fail...

Last edited: