PSA: Wash your hands and #staythefuckhomeplayingmir

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Wish I could just sit at home on full pay playing games. Sadly people still need their gas. (LNG + Propane)

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES; - 135,007

Currently Infected Patients In Mild Condition - 128,069 (95%)

In Serious Condition - 6,938 (5%)

Flu Kills 646,000: Global Car Crash Deaths: 1,250,000

So lets put it in some perspective..

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
We've been there already. All the supermarkets are now under surveillance by private security and the police. They are limiting the number of people that can go inside so if you want to come back and buy again you will have to wait for the other to buy. They can also fine you because if you already bought what you needed you can't go outside again so...

Anyway, don't be stupid and don't hoard. Supermarkets are not going to run out of food. If you see the shelves empty it's because some stupid ****s bought enough food to fed an entire family for months. Buy enough to avoid having to go out everyday because that's when you risk getting the virus, that's all.

Thing is they seem to be out of ******* everything. It's a family members 50th birthday this weekend and I wanted to bake a cake; the recipe calls for ROSE WATER (never used it in my life) but the supermarkets are all sold out of it 😂 such a random/seemingly useless ingredient....

Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES; - 135,007

Flu Kills 646,000 People Worldwide Each Year

Over the past months and weeks, the virus and corresponding disease have been compared over and over to the influenza virus and the seasonal flu. Due to the overlap in symptoms and seemingly similar severity, this comparison comes naturally to a lot of people, however, looking at what we know so far about this new virus, the threat it poses to society is not easily brushed aside.

1. More Contagious Than the Flu
    With an estimated R0 (the expected number of cases directly generated by one case in a population where all individuals are susceptible to infection) between 1.4 – 6.49 and a mean estimate of 3.28[1], SARS-CoV-2 is much more infectious and spreads much faster than the seasonal flu, which has a median R0 of 1.28[2].

2. More Deadly Than the Flu
    The so-called case fatality rate (CFR) of SARS-CoV-2 is estimated to be at around 2%[3], meaning that an estimated 2% of people getting diagnosed with COVID-19 will succumb to it. In comparison, the CFR of seasonal influenza is estimated to be around 0.1%[4], which means SARS-CoV-2 is estimated to be about 20 times more deadly than the seasonal flu.

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
Yes i agree it aint just something to brush under the carpet and ignore. However the panic that is spreading the country is a little over the top in my opinion. It will spread regardless, and it will sadly kill people. So i think putting it in perspective to other things may make people realise death finds everyone eventually so enjoy life to the fullest! Protect the elderly and people with underlying health conditions but as for the rest of just get on with it. I would also add them statistics are based on confirmed cases. There will be many many more people that have had it and not even realised or been included in them stats.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
You sir are not

Im the hero you dont deserve.
Btw, hows your video that you lied an entire community about just to get voted? 💪 (y)
Post automatically merged:

Thing is they seem to be out of ******* everything. It's a family members 50th birthday this weekend and I wanted to bake a cake; the recipe calls for ROSE WATER (never used it in my life) but the supermarkets are all sold out of it 😂 such a random/seemingly useless ingredient....

Its okay boo, i can bake you a cake.
Smavid gonna provide the rest of incredients, i heard my tears taste like roses, no wonder why you make me sad all days.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa

That sounds like the ingredient you would use to poison someone.

• Haha
Reactions: zedina

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES; - 135,007

Put to as many people as have the flu, and realise ten times more die from corona 😁

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:

ACTIVE CASES; - 135,007

Don't ruin our potential dooms day **** with stats like that, I'm been saving soda caps for years for this exact moment.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
We've been there already. All the supermarkets are now under surveillance by private security and the police. They are limiting the number of people that can go inside so if you want to come back and buy again you will have to wait for the other to buy. They can also fine you because if you already bought what you needed you can't go outside again so...

Anyway, don't be stupid and don't hoard. Supermarkets are not going to run out of food. If you see the shelves empty it's because some stupid ****s bought enough food to fed an entire family for months. Buy enough to avoid having to go out everyday because that's when you risk getting the virus, that's all.

Was speaking to a mate who is staff but has to now take his turn at security at a supermarket and he said they have been advised to act as discoragement not enforcement. The tills can auto reject you adding more products than entitled too. Currently no limits on how many can enter the store at one time except during the pensioner/vulnerable hours. During these hours people just go to other shops and bulk buy whatever they can get their hands on... which isn't usually much as greedy people that own their own shops/buisness clear the shelves in other shops then sell the products themselves for extoriante prices.
For example today (see picture)... shop owner clearing the shelves of bread in another so he can sell it, when the selling shop was complained too the person has advised they were told.. sorry no limits a sale is a sale.
There is no enforcement just discouragement at many shops.

Attachments

• lulz.jpg
    lulz.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 22

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Was speaking to a mate who is staff but has to now take his turn at security at a supermarket and he said they have been advised to act as discoragement not enforcement. The tills can auto reject you adding more products than entitled too. Currently no limits on how many can enter the store at one time except during the pensioner/vulnerable hours. During these hours people just go to other shops and bulk buy whatever they can get their hands on... which isn't usually much as greedy people that own their own shops/buisness clear the shelves in other shops then sell the products themselves for extoriante prices.
For example today (see picture)... shop owner clearing the shelves of bread in another so he can sell it, when the selling shop was complained too the person has advised they were told.. sorry no limits a sale is a sale.

Always some sad ****ers out there that will exploit ppl at any opportunity unfortunately 🙃

Reactions: Emzie

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa

I'd beat the **** out of those shitheads.Thankfully I haven't seen that happening here.

Same thing for these assholes who are selling toilet rolls for £10 each.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
What the hell is he going to do with all that bread? Bread doesn't have a very long shelf life. It is one of the worse things to horde.

• Haha
Reactions: zedina

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
What the hell is he going to do with all that bread? Bread doesn't have a very long shelf life. It is one of the worse things to horde.

Resell and make a big profit from people who can't find bread on the shelves because of some stupid ****s.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Resell and make a big profit from people who can't find bread on the shelves because of some stupid ****s.
Hopefully people arn't foolish enough to buy from people like that. Hopefully he will end up with a cupboard of mouldy bread.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
1k deaths and the worst is yet to come.

A month ago we were demanding measure and the government told us that we would have only a few imported cases. I am ******* livid. I want to see the parliament burning.

**** is hitting the fan in the UK too now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belle

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
1k deaths and the worst is yet to come.

A month ago we were demanding measure and the government told us that we would have only a few imported cases. I am ******* livid. I want to see the parliament burning.

**** is hitting the fan in the UK too now.

Sad world we live in 😢 I feel for our children.

Reactions: deano13