[King] Public server from virtual box

smoochy boys on tour

Patan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2005
heya got it finally to run a virtual box with win xp on my 64 bit win7

local server worked fine but now i want use client from win7 and perhaps a friend over internet....

1 question is do i need to change all ips from all gates ???

2. is it possible to run "public" with virtual box ?

got always 2 ips in connection info from the vm, 10.0.2.15 (this one work fine for local running too) but on win7 i try to login client is loading abit and tells me then server is offline.
the login gate shows me that i have tryed to login :/

the other ip is 192.168.178.1 with this ip the kloginserv.exe dont open.
same with the right win7 ip ^^

is there any firewall or other problem that i cant use 10.0.2.15 ?
is itpossible to install wlan driver on vm and connect directly to internet ? with "original" ip ?

hope u have an idea :)

edit:
got it working, changed the network adapter option in the virtualbox so it gots its own ip adress :)

edit: it works for my host pc but not public, from internet nobody can join :(
think i readed something about that the ip is something about local network (lan)
any ideas ? :)

Last edited:

Relentless

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
Hull-England
depending if your ip is Static or not i can help but its same in both ways. if this is for king then download Idabiga's king ip changer and it will do it for you all you need to know is your SQL pass, Server name, and both ips (internal or External)

for Holley3.55 you need to change Regsrv to your Internal ip, Crueldragon to your internal ip, HolleyDBsrv !serverinfo (middle IP) to your External ip and for SQL change TBL_Pubips to your internal IP and TBL_SERVERGATE ( cant remember name ) to your External ip

if you have any problems msg me :)

/Ben

Upvote 0

Patan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2005
yes its for king
first problem is if i use a "wrong" ip kingip.exe gives me an error.
if do correct ip i need to change some others manually, if not it dont run :/
saw some keep on the old ip or 127.0.0.1 but need to make all ips same

i tryed ipvp4 ipfrom host(win7) the "lan"ip from vm the "internet ip" from a site who told me that is
just 3 ips worked, the lan ip 192.168.178.33 another ip from vm 10.0.2.15 and 127.0.0.1
with 1. and 2. i was able to run client from host pc but not via internet,

later i tryed with hamachi same problem.
got it now"solved" if take the hamachi ip 25... anthing
so my m8´s and mee need hamachi

Upvote 0

Relentless

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
Hull-England
if you get the ip right with idabiga's program it should work, you are not port forwarding properly if it doesnt. thats where hamachi comes in.

Upvote 0

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
You will need to forward your ports, on this I suggest searching IP setup easy way== only for Kings.

Upvote 0