Quest Npc

Join Discord

mirlin6

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2004
United Kingdom
i am making a quest npc but i want to make it so say i make a quest to kill omas

i want it to go

1/25
2/25
3/25
and so on

each mob i kill it goes up anyone know how i can do this please?

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
You need to use flags for this, so in i think its mapquest.txt you would need to do mondie Oma checkflag ## set flag ## #say you have killed 1/24 omas, mondie Oma checkflag ##(+1) set flag ##(+1) etc etc
Im still tryin to figure out all the quest stuff myself and theres no explanations of flags i can find but when i find out il definately post a guide on it once ive tottaly sussed it.

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
a flag is a simple yes/no check....

flag = 0 is no, flag =1 is yes.....ie no i havn't done this yet, 1=I've done this.

If you want a quest to be non-repeatable you need to use flags, if it's repeatable you don't. You certainly don't need flags for accumulation of kills, I would use sql for this but maybe someone else has a better idea?? :)

Upvote 0

mirlin6

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2004
United Kingdom
You need to use flags for this, so in i think its mapquest.txt you would need to do mondie Oma checkflag ## set flag ## #say you have killed 1/24 omas, mondie Oma checkflag ##(+1) set flag ##(+1) etc etc
Im still tryin to figure out all the quest stuff myself and theres no explanations of flags i can find but when i find out il definately post a guide on it once ive tottaly sussed it.

so i have to put this in mapquest.txt? or in my quest system script?

mondie Oma checkflag 25(+1) set flag 25(+1)

Upvote 0

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
Xtreme have some good npc quest guides m8 u should look em up they go thru variables and flags etc i found it most helpful there is a post somewhere on the forums about it do a search for Xtreme it should turn up somewhere.

Upvote 0