Question

Join Discord

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Are there any 2.3 servers supporting 1024x768 resolution or better at the moment? I think it's the only thing that would even as much as tempt me to return to playing mir.

I ****ing hope so, or someone uses their inititive and finally creates one.

And none of this 'it makes it unbalanced' crap I'd happily play a warrior, if it didn't mean I had to stare at overly stretch or pixelated maps and sprites.

Last edited:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Nope. Don't think anyone fixed the source up to fully support 1024x768. Windowed mode would be better but that's supposed to be difficult as well lol

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
yeah I remember youknowwho's client and server supporting windowed mode, that was pretty nice, was just a little buggy when utilizing the wings on special armours, would cause like a black overlay around the wings I seem to remember.

I really think that a higher resolution would really bring a new breath of life to the game. I mean 1024x768 isn't even ideal for someone like me running a widescreen 1440x900 config, it'd still be stretched but at least an improvement on what we currently have.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
We support windowed mode and will be going into widescreen resolutions at some point but we need our files working fully first lol

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
I must say xander I've been following your project just as an observer, but I must say I'm truely impressed, unleashed has alot of potential and baring what you've just said in mind, it's still moving in the right direction.

I definately think increased resolution is the way forward, and an almost necessity now days. From the screenshots provided (obviously they're alot more defined due to the resolution not being stretched across the screen), the game is actually looking really tidy.

I can guarentee that when you finally release the game, I will be making a choice of 1 of 2 things, playing the game again, or server development, but until you've finished this project, in my opinion mir doesn't have alot going for it at the moment.

anyway, hats off to you xander and the rest of the contributors.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
whats wrong with using it in that screen size?? i use the screen size and never had a problem with it

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
various reasons, mainly the detail in higher resolutions will appear alot nicer, everything would be alot crisper, on the flip side aswell, on a wider ratio resolution mir looks stretched, and the text is messy.

The entire game experience is alot easier on the eyes, and lets face it, 640x480 as a resolution long went out the window for mainstream game developers.