Release Re-release Sorted Jev's Database Maps

Join Discord

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Maps from Jev's dtbs - 'Original Full Set' 2547 maps + 18 assorted images = 2565 files [downloaded from GitHub May 15, 2021].

Contains all maps from the Autopatch download plus some (many) other maps from other source(s).

'Original Full Set' means it includes all the maps before some time later the map count in the database was reduced to only the maps configured in the database.

'Sorted' means duplicate maps were removed and what remained was sorted into folders, each cave or temple map set into its own folder.

1658124015578.png

Jev's Dtbs Maps Sorted [4533 Files, 3.25GB] [Re-release July 18 2022]

[Originally released July 12 2021]

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Lifesaver. I will go through these and then can re-release the "used maps" release with all the maps needed without having any extras. Much easier to see them organized like that.

Just tested and maps can be in subfolders...

EDIT: Noticed 2 minor issues.
-When maps are placed in subfolders. @mapmove commands go from @mapmove n0 to @mapmove BichonProvince/n0
-Teleport NPC scripts would have to be changed from MOVE n0 to MOVE BichonProvince/n0

I don't mind going through all the NPC scripts to sort that out but is there any way @Far or @Lilcooldoode can allow @mapmove to remain n0 but it looks within subfolders inside the Map folder. Instead of writing @mapmove BichonProvince/n0

Last edited by a moderator:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Just tested and maps can be in subfolders... That's got me a little excited. I will have an update pushed today with all maps in subfolders on my database release

I thought that didn't work last time it was discussed but maybe some tweak was added since then?

Anyway glad it helps with your database project, that's tons of work and is appreciated by many.

Even if folders didn't work in client, it is always better to work with maps sorted in their own folder and then just drop them in client map folder when done.
If you need to check map coordinates for movements, it makes it easier to locate the map and load it in editor.

-----------------------
---
'41 ZT 2' has KR map name different from preceding maps and it is placed in windows as the first map in its folder. That's not a problem as such but you need to pay attention to naming scheme generally and if some map names are different from what you have in your database or it differs from euro mir default map naming, than the name in this sorting should be changed to that. That said, this map set is not euro, just that KR map alone has different name from the rest of maps in the set.

Currently with all maps in client dumped into one common map folder, this creates a problem since one map from the dungeon set would be in completely different location from the rest of its maps. If maps could be in subfolder within the client map folder, than this would 'fix' that problem with maps belonging to a set being scattered about in the map folder.

---
I noticed that the three Oma cave maps in your original map pack have appended 'A' after the map name. So Oma 1F is D001A.map but euro naming was just D001.map I believe.
I found that this latter map name (Oma 1F original map name D001) was given to a mir3 outdoor map in your map pack, so Oma cave was given the 'A' to have unique name... same for the other two mir3 maps. And to top it, those mir3 maps are nothing special.

How this happened I can't think of reason. So again, exercise caution and stick to the original naming scheme and adjust names in this sorted pack to the original euro map names.
At first when I noticed this, I changed the three Oma map names to the euro original names and gave that 'A' to mir3 maps but then I thought it would confuse things even more and left it as it was in that map pack that came with your database.

Just in case someone wonders how I came to some names like 'Cat Cave Mines'. I played a server a year or two or even longer ago (I think 3gena's server) and this map set had cat mobs on it, the boss was a Black Hammer Cat I think, so lacking better idea, I just named the set by the mobs and the place looks like mines, so that's why it got its name. :D
Hopefully you will know its proper or usual name it goes under and rename it in this sorted scheme.

Last edited:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I thought that didn't work last time it was discussed but maybe some tweak was added since then?

Anyway glad it helps with your database project, that's tons of work and is appreciated by many.

Even if folders didn't work in client, it is always better to work with maps sorted in their own folder and then just drop them in client map folder when done.
If you need to check map coordinates for movements, it makes it easier to locate the map and load it in editor.

-----------------------
---
'41 ZT 2' has KR map name different from preceding maps and it is placed in windows as the first map in its folder. That's not a problem as such but you need to pay attention to naming scheme generally and if some map names are different from what you have in your database or it differs from euro mir default map naming, than the name in this sorting should be changed to that. That said, this map set is not euro, just that KR map alone has different name from the rest of maps in the set.

---
I noticed that the three Oma cave maps in your original map pack have appended 'A' after the map name. So Oma 1F is D001A.map but euro naming was just D001.map I believe.
I found that this latter map name (Oma 1F original map name D001) was given to a mir3 outdoor map in your map pack, so Oma cave was given the 'A' to have unique name... same for the other two mir3 maps. And to top it, those mir3 maps are nothing special.

How this happened I can't think of reason. So again, exercise caution and stick to the original naming scheme and adjust names in this sorted pack to the original euro map names.
At first when I noticed this, I changed the three Oma map names to the euro original names and gave that 'A' to mir3 maps but then I thought it would confuse things even more and left it as it was in that map pack that came with your database.
I believe maps that end with A are Ancient caves for example Oma being D001 OmaCave_1F and AncientOmaCave_1F would be D001A

I don't have a list of euro map names so can't really go back. I don't actually think I've changed any myself.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
D001A.map
D002A.map
D003A.map

These maps are in "02 Mir3 Outdoor Maps" and they are mir3 maps. Now that you say that about Ancient maps, that makes sense but this here was a goof up. I think those non euro maps in this map pack come from private servers collections, probably 3gena's servers or Nexus server also had whole bunch of maps...

D001A.map
1658177992271.png

D002A.map
1658178036750.png

D003A.map
1658178073471.png

I suppose if in doubt, we can stick to Crystal Autopach map set naming as standard. Isn't that euro default?

Last edited:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
D001A.map
D002A.map
D003A.map

These maps are in "02 Mir3 Outdoor Maps" and they are mir3 maps. Now that you say that about Ancient maps, that makes sense but this here was a goof up. I think those non euro maps in this map pack come from private servers collections, probably 3gena's servers or Nexus server also had whole bunch of maps...

D001A.map
View attachment 28294

D002A.map
View attachment 28295

D003A.map
View attachment 28296

I suppose if in doubt, we can stick to Crystal Autopach map set naming as standard. Isn't that euro default?
I have no idea if the Autopatcher has the correct original names.

I'm going through my database to have just maps used in the database than going through them to change names where needed. But again I'm still stuck without a list of original file names

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
D001A.map
D002A.map
D003A.map

D001A.map
View attachment 28294

D002A.map
View attachment 28295

D003A.map
View attachment 28296

Any servers got these maps in?

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
So the plan going forward.

Maps won't be going into subfolders on the server or client-side due to code conflicts.

Re-downloading the maps on the public Autopatcher. Separating the ones my database use then organizing those into Provinces & Caves subdirectories (Not for use on the client on the server but a good reference for server owners to easily locate map files etc.) + (Also adding any missing maps my database uses)

With the remainder of the maps that the Autopatcher downloads but aren't being used by the Autopatcher, can @mir2pion go through those and:
Remove dupes, remove shanda maps (wemade ONLY) (Once uploaded)

Once done @Far has given the go-ahead for it to be pushed onto the main Autopatcher. (With maps not in subfolder obvs)

Maybe organize them into /province then cave like I will have done for the used ones. Then I might be able to start adding new wemade maps to my database.

Then I'll start looking at finding any additional Wemade Mir 2 maps that can be added to the maps folder and then have them put onto the public autopatch too.

Reactions: Omnibus

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Last year (2021) when sorting maps from Autopatch I ran a comparison test between 'Jev's map pack' (Re-released here) and the official map set from the client autopatch and found some map naming discrepancies.

They are listed in this text file and you can refer to it if you run into map naming collision for a guide how to resolve it.

Best way is to stick to the 'official naming' as found in Crystal Mir2 client maps downloaded from the client autopatch.

0-12 maps are mir3 maps in J's map pack, Euro province maps in Autopatch
0.map
1.map
2.map
3.map
4.map
5.map
6.map
11.map
12.map

! not in J's map pack, mir3 map in Autopatch
02.map

Larger size in J's map pack (prob. due to resaving in Crystal map format) but the same map as in Autopatch (Red Moon Valley 1&2)
bag01.map
bag02.map

Much larger size (& the animation fault strip removed) in J's map pack, otherwise the same as in Autopatch
bumsun_bossroom.map

Mir3 maps in J's map pack, Oma cave in Autopatch
D001.map
D002.map
D003.map

Carved cave in J's map pack, different cave in Autopatch
D401.map
D402.map
D403.map
D404.map

PT 2 in J's map pack, Zuma Temple 1F-4F in Autopatch
d501.map
D502.map
d503.map
D504.map

PSC & PC in J's map pack, Bug Cave (first 5 floors) in Autopatch
d601.map
d602.map
d603.map
d604.map
d605.map

Brown Cave in J's map pack, SSG (? the map bellow Sabuk ?) in Autopatch
D701.map

Fosil Cave in J's map pack, BDD first four maps in Autopatch
d2001.map
d2002.map
d2003.map
d2004.map

! not in J's map pack, PSC (or PC?) in autopach
D2061.map
D2062.map
D2063.map
D2064.map
D2065.map
D2066.map
D2067.map

WT Alt in J's map pack, RMV maps in Autopatch
D10031.map
D10032.map

RedMoonValley KR in J's map pack, same RMV KR in Autopatch but smaller size (on disk, not extent)
D10062.map

PT2 & kuanggong maps in J's map pack, Oma Connection Path maps in Autopatch
E001.map
E002.map

Duplicate BC maps in J's map pack, Oma Connection Path to Bichon Mines in Autopatch
E401.map
E402.map
E403.map
E404.map

Same names - different maps

Last edited:
Reactions: Jev