Request Recommend a map

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
That shanda city (now added to wemade in a much smaller form) is by far the best city in mir2.

The Taishan city in mir3 is also very impressive

Does anyone have these 2 maps?
Curious to what they look like is all :D

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Reactions: LightBringer

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
You can find the mir3 one in mirfiles

Taishan.rar

Think it should work with the base Crystal data.

The Shanda one is map sldg.map - but not sure if someone already has it uploaded somewhere.

Minimap.

sldg_MiniMap.png

• Love
Reactions: Alecs

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Yeah thats the one. As usual wemade made the map smaller and less impressive. This one is tons better.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Thats different situation. The shanda map was made after the original wemade one to be a replica / replacement.

When wemade take an existing shanda map / textures 99% of the time they dumb down the map quality.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Thats different situation. The shanda map was made after the original wemade one to be a replica / replacement.

When wemade take an existing shanda map / textures 99% of the time they dumb down the map quality.

Yeah that was the point i was trying to make a comparison.
If im right, then the first map it was initially from WeMade which Shanda rebuilt/retextured.

But yeah. Shanda maps taken by WeMade will loss quality and attributes which will lead to a bad version. Which apparently fits WeMade :))

Last edited:
Reactions: Far

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Use to love this place on Euro...these days it’s so damn big, I wouldn’t put it back in a future server again

Im checking shanda's maps atm.
If i find something interesting that ive not seen used on mir2 servers i shall post it here.

@Far i found some maps that has only 1 floor (based on file name) maybe you know the other floors. Can pack it up after and release with minimaps too ^^.

Nhero1_MiniMap.png

Post automatically merged:

nGA0_MiniMap.png

ngrly_MiniMap.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Hercules

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
First and last image look like event maps

middle image is guild territory (nga0.map)

And yes when looking through shanda maps originally a lot of them i noticed only had one floor. Maybe thats changed in recent years, but last i looked shanda maps were severely lacking and mainly used the original wemade versions.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
First and last image look like event maps

middle image is guild territory (nga0.map)

And yes when looking through shanda maps originally a lot of them i noticed only had one floor. Maybe thats changed in recent years, but last i looked shanda maps were severely lacking and mainly used the original wemade versions.

Yes you are right. Found one map that had no refference to old maps.

However some maps added by Shanda are linked as next level to old existing maps

Like (just an example) D1400 D1401 D1402 ... NDKOYEOHA or whatever.