Reunited [2.3] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Re: Mir reunited

Yep, just standard TD files. They have made a few changes/fixes. But not sure exactly what as I'm only level 17 lol.

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003

Well i've refrained from posting through all of this, but i will now.

I'm not really seeing the issue at all with us not advertising here. I've already promised Sky that i'll advertise it here in due course, where's the rush? We wanted to get it sorted and see where we got through word of mouth, i see no problem. I'd also like to say, i have no, nor have i ever had, a problem with LOMCN. I've been on here many years (maybe not that active, but still), and always had help when i've needed it. So whichever grapevine you've been listening too about the owners (being me) having a problem with LOMCN, is wrong, maybe find a new grapevine?

It was always meant to be euro-like, not an exact euro clone. It was evident from early on that the community didn't want the grind at the lower levels, so we removed that grind and it slows down in good time.

I can assure you, we've spent plenty of time on it. Yes there are plenty of things that still need doing, and a few db values that need editing, but they will all be done over the next day or two. So far, apart from a couple of posts on here, we've had nothing that could even be construde as negative feedback, everybody's loved it...and that's what we wanted, the community to be happy. That was the whole reason for making the server, the community wanted somewhere they could play with old friends they hadn't spoken to in years.

Peak user count of 90 so far, and i'm happy with that, we'll see where we go from here.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Amazes me why anyone would want to play such a boring game (no offense). Its like people are only playing to feed their addiction and talk to some of the people they havnt seen in years.

Musta taken you about a day to actually make the server lol.

Id have at least thought ud add some quests or something

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

Amazes me why anyone would want to play such a boring game (no offense). Its like people are only playing to feed their addiction and talk to some of the people they havnt seen in years.

Musta taken you about a day to actually make the server lol.

Id have at least thought ud add some quests or something

People seem to be enjoying, seems it has brought people back to Mir which is the main thing. Also you need to realise that some people prefer a euro type server over these custom servers with new caves new kits etc..

But what do we expect from you Bon, this is what you do to pretty much any server that hits a usercount above 50+, i know it's your opinion and your entitled to embrace it but that was pure slating the server only becuase so far it's doing good.

I have not played a Mir server for a while and am really enjoying it, i prefer these euro type server over custom servers anyday and am sure other think the same.

Reactions: Tai

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

What a suprise, I give my opinion and your all ready to jump on me.

Its a euro copy, every euro copy thats posted on lomcn is slated for being boring and lazy. Im not the 1st to ever say it.

In all fairness a euro copy thats taken 5mins to setup doesnt deserve a good user count, theres plenty of half decent servers that go online that never get the usercount they deserve. Like i said people will be bored within a month, but maybe they'll move onto a new server where someones put more than 1hour of effort into it.

Infact, I got nothing against it being a euro server, as you said some people prefer the low rate type of server, but at least put some effort in? Change the item images? re arrange some caves? add some quests? isnt hard is it.

linzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2004
rochdale

It's low rate, leveing is slow so give's owner more time to add more content, by time people hit 50+ owner could have loads of contect, does it matter what there is to do at low level no becuase people more interested in leveling and killing bosses.

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003

Its a euro copy, every euro copy thats posted on lomcn is slated for being boring and lazy. Im not the 1st to ever say it.

In all fairness a euro copy thats taken 5mins to setup doesnt deserve a good user count, theres plenty of half decent servers that go online that never get the usercount they deserve. Like i said people will be bored within a month, but maybe they'll move onto a new server where someones put more than 1hour of effort into it.

Infact, I got nothing against it being a euro server, as you said some people prefer the low rate type of server, but at least put some effort in? Change the item images? re arrange some caves? add some quests? isnt hard is it.

Not that you've been wishing it to fail since it was mentioned or anything?

People didn't want different images, or caves. They wanted what they had, they got it.

They're enjoying theirselves, not sure why you're so bothered?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

I play now and then.. Name is, erm.. Skyline!

As I said, yes it's very basic, yes not much is anything has actually beend added, but thats what the players have asked for, and Chris has given them their wish.

In future things could well, and probably will be added.

marcmulhern3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2009

Yes its basic and things still need sorting but its a good laugh to see the old names back ingame.

High rates get boring v quick and theres no donating on this server too.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums

end of day people 90% of people who play this server want to play mir not mir with some **** images from other games..
who cares server is doing well and everyone is enjoying it he has never claimed to have created a master piece

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

theres no donating on this server too.
wonder how long that will last

Not that you've been wishing it to fail since it was mentioned or anything?

People didn't want different images, or caves. They wanted what they had, they got it.

They're enjoying theirselves, not sure why you're so bothered?
i dont care if its a success or not, im entitled to my opinion.

sure u coulda kept caves images etc the same, but whats stopin u addin some quests to make the game a little less tedius and boring while they level up to a higher level?

theres not been much to talk about lately so least its given me something to watch, but as i say, give it 2 months tops.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

Just another chance to have a rant aey Bon. Stop bringing it down. Your entitled to your opinions yes, But that doesn't mean we have to hear them.

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003

sure u coulda kept caves images etc the same, but whats stopin u addin some quests to make the game a little less tedius and boring while they level up to a higher level?

theres not been much to talk about lately so least its given me something to watch, but as i say, give it 2 months tops.

I love how you're adamant we're going to demand donations. Some of us aren't driven by money, we earn enough in our regular jobs.

We will add some quests, but at the minute, there's no immediate need. Everyone's enjoying the levelling, and i'm pretty sure quests have only been mentioned by 3 different people.

I'm sure your server numbers will pick up again soon.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

It may not last very long, infact people are already willing to donate... However when I say donate I mean donate.
Not buy items.

Your opinion is fine, however the constant slating of a server everytime it gets a decent number of players is getting boring

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester

Imo, if you don't like Bon's opinion, then skip past it...

Hes been like it for years and he will for many more, moaning constantly about him wont change it.

Last edited: