Reviving a dead server

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
I don't remember the name but I played a mir2 realm a while back (with glyphs that amplified certain skills, random level increased mobs etc, anyone remember the name for me?) And it popped into my head the other day and left me with a few questions:
1. What happened to the server?
2. What happens when these servers die generally, does the code get recycled and turned into a new realm or does it just get abandoned?
3. What's the likelyhood of me getting my hands on these files to play solo on my own realm of it or for the original creator of this particular realm to revive it for another round?

Thanks to any help anyone can give :)

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
  1. I can't say because I don't know what server is that
  2. That depends on the owner. Some of them release the files, others don't.
  3. As I said in point 2, depends on the owner. If he released the files or is willing to do so, you will be able to use them on a local server or wherever you like.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Sounds like Marble with charms and increased level monsters/bosses.

If it is, then your chance of getting the source code for that is next to zero, sorry.

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
Sounds like Marble with charms and increased level monsters/bosses.

If it is, then your chance of getting the source code for that is next to zero, sorry.
Yeah that sounds like the one!
How so? I mean it's reasonable I'm just curious why that one is less likely than others? Any hope of it being relaunched?

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
No relaunch, but Jamie is planning to release his new mir2 server Sapphire some unknown time late this year maybe 2020. Till then play what you got :P I recommend Zircon.

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
No relaunch, but Jamie is planning to release his new mir2 server Sapphire some unknown time late this year maybe 2020. Till then play what you got :p I recommend Zircon.
Ty for the info but I won't be playing any of what I got, I hate them all, I'll wait patiently 😂🙈 thanks for the info

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
2. What happens when these servers die generally, does the code get recycled and turned into a new realm or does it just get abandoned?
I suppose that depends. Some put up servers repeatedly and in that case they likely re-use their previous files and so don't care to share them out. Others probably think of re-using the files one day but they never do and the files go to waste. Still others have low opinion of their files and don't think they are worth sharing out and in some (few) cases it may indeed be so.

I mentioned Heroes Rise files on other thread but I think those were shared out in rogue fashion (by one memeber of a team) and I would hesitate to re-upload them, never understood the insider bickering around here, the politics of it and wouldn't want to get involved in that by such re-upload.

Would be interesting to find out if somebody actually played some files locally hosted, by themselves, at least to some extent. It seems tempting but I never got to do it. You might think you would get your friends or family to play but I doubt that happens, maybe in some rare cases. Most pple who don't have mir in their genes already don't stick with playing it long enough to get infected.

Reactions: Sanjian and ventus

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
Thanks is for all the info :) I do have a locally ran server ( or have multiple times over the years) primarily for my parents (they adore the game and have done since release) but my coding skills are completely nonexistent (bugging people on here and Google searchs for 6 hours before I managed to change item name colours) so I was asking mostly as to get them a nice home server to play on it's apparent I'd need a basically complete set of files and that server I eluded to was always there favourite so was just looking for some answers :) thank you so much! In the interests of the situation I'm in, what would be the most complete and bug free set of files I could currently get my hands on for them? (Without upsetting the original author, as that seems to be an issue 🙈)