Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

Me either. Happens all the time on Arcadia and Project69. I mean we had at least 10 complaints back in 2006 and that's not including the one we had in 2007. Oh. Wait. The naughtiest are over.
still dont know what he means this???

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

idk i'm simply just getting what scorp said for the guy who couldn't find anything about ACPI.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

>.< Shame hes using files that allow ACPI, some people computer / laptop don't support it and some people just don't want to dual boot XP silly this day and age and a small number of people have a massive speed advantage i remember testing it with Todd on Sacred, most people running ACPI ran around 1.17X speed on cheat engine which is ridic, Pork and somebody else was even above the 1.17 speed mark which was just unhittable think it may of been Wond.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

shame I didn't test it during beta >.<

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

Not sure if this applies to anyone here and yeah this is another shameless plug but if you need to download via torrent I've posted a guide and a dedicated torrent server so no seeds required.

Torrent Download Guide

Reactions: Nightrider

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

No more locked out starting quests, it's a free for all :D

Nebulos;n1060 said:
Due to feedback from testers, and after much consideration, we have pulled the gold quest line from the game and unlocked all regions.
Nebulos;n1060 said:
Dialogue aside, the quest-line became unnecessarily complicated for both me and the players, and offered little in the way of game satisfaction. We felt that on launch day this would be a disaster...!

There will still be three start towns:

Gingko Tree Valley: Barbarian, Assassin, Hunter
Border Town: Pyromancer, Stormcaller, Necromancer
Taoist Village: Mystic, Monk

The account server will open later in the day. An announcement will be posted

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015

what time dose the server go live on the 14th dose anyone have a confirmed time - estamated time as the forums keeps saying my pass is wrong even tho ive changed it mult times lol

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

what time dose the server go live on the 14th dose anyone have a confirmed time - estamated time as the forums keeps saying my pass is wrong even tho ive changed it mult times lol

I had the same issue until I figured it out, you need to Login with your email, not your username. **** knows why.

Server goes live 2pm Friday 14th apparantly.

booHA

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2010

So its time to dust of the old windows xp desktop again?

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Me either. Happens all the time on Arcadia and Project69. I mean we had at least 10 complaints back in 2006 and that's not including the one we had in 2007. Oh. Wait. The naughtiest are over.

hope this ACPI wont ruin the server :/

Xele

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2017

When I played Arcadia a lot of people were using cheat engine, even those among my own guild. It went on for a couple of weeks but a patch rolled out that stopped cheat engine along with ACPI etc. From what I remember you can't go past a certain speed and after playing the beta I felt like that a standard un-tweaked windows 10 was pretty smooth.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

When I played Arcadia a lot of people were using cheat engine, even those among my own guild. It went on for a couple of weeks but a patch rolled out that stopped cheat engine along with ACPI etc. From what I remember you can't go past a certain speed and after playing the beta I felt like that a standard un-tweaked windows 10 was pretty smooth.

ahh thats really good too hear man thanks for letting me know.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

To confirm, will XP ACPI make you faster like it usually does? Or is the benefit so minimal its pointless, as someone above posted before you could gain like a x1.2 speed advantage with it...