Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

It was wiped. Someone confused a GM as a player :lol classic

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

Any way to download the game quicker? was hoping to play it later.

Later may be a day or two at the rate it's going xD

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Gave it a go, not for me, feels like id have to commit my life to the game to even get to level 10.
Got to level 7 after about an hour.. all quests were complete and then had no idea where to go next
tried tree path, mobs must be about 150 hp compared to wolf that are about 10 hp yet only give 8 exp compared to a wolf 4 exp. utterly pointless.
went outside tao village, saw a oma, died to an oma without even hititng it (lol)
so im assuming im meant to just grind it out on wolfs until i'm about level 12 or something and can wear a couple better items to make tree path easier? even then not sure the balance of time to kill vs exp reward is worth it.

FYI I wasn't the only 1 moaning and having these same views

whoever beta tested this game was a moron.. sorry its just boring as **** lol.

I've never been a fan of low rates, but at least on Marble I actually somewhat enjoyed it up until about level 17

best of luck though :bord:

TwistedSoul

Twisted-Extreme-MirII
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2016

Slowest Download Ever, Please sort it out -.-

xAxNxAx

BadToTheBone
Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2010
Next To You

Ive download last night the patcher and it was done in about 2h ..patcher works good for me

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Nvm, answered my own question.

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

Gave it a go, not for me, feels like id have to commit my life to the game to even get to level 10.
Got to level 7 after about an hour.. all quests were complete and then had no idea where to go next
tried tree path, mobs must be about 150 hp compared to wolf that are about 10 hp yet only give 8 exp compared to a wolf 4 exp. utterly pointless.
went outside tao village, saw a oma, died to an oma without even hititng it (lol)
so im assuming im meant to just grind it out on wolfs until i'm about level 12 or something and can wear a couple better items to make tree path easier? even then not sure the balance of time to kill vs exp reward is worth it.

FYI I wasn't the only 1 moaning and having these same views

whoever beta tested this game was a moron.. sorry its just boring as **** lol.

I've never been a fan of low rates, but at least on Marble I actually somewhat enjoyed it up until about level 17

best of luck though :bord:

BETA was bad, and i assume you went mystics/monk from what i saw this was mentioned alot sbout tree paths.

Atleast on mage class progression is much nicer before omas

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016

Tried it, got to level 14 before i realised i wasn't having fun.

Balance is bad.

Progression is bad.

Done the first lot of quests (Town ones etc) didnt find anymore, did anyone else?

Foolishly i donated to the server without thinking beforehand - lesson learnt haha

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

3786MB to go, it worth me continuing on? xD

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Balance is bad.

Progression is bad.

Done the first lot of quests (Town ones etc) didnt find anymore, did anyone else?

Foolishly i donated to the server without thinking beforehand - lesson learnt haha
balance is terrible, was better to kill cats outside in Bichon, then go into BW mines.. unsure why he's spent so long ****ing about with the base stats just to ruin it..

such a fool to donate so early, early signs... hosts on mega.nz, provides slow-ass patcher... more effort has gone into the website, then the game itself -.-

3786MB to go, it worth me continuing on? xD

wouldn't waste your time =-/

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

Yeah I'm not wasting my time xD it's been cancelled, have fun peeps!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

BETA was bad, and i assume you went mystics/monk from what i saw this was mentioned alot sbout tree paths.

ye I went monk, I wanted to see the new class... all i really saw as a normal character with a stick in their hand tho as i couldnt find the patient to continue hitting the same mob after 1 hour with no clear direction or progression path

its not the server i expected if im honest.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Balance is bad.

Progression is bad.

ye I went monk, I wanted to see the new class... all i really saw as a normal character with a stick in their hand tho as i couldnt find the patient to continue hitting the same mob after 1 hour with no clear direction or progression path

its not the server i expected if im honest.

thing is its new... so people will play to be the best, I'm honestly shocked that people are playing, and even paying towards, It really makes me want to look into it all, it offends me in such a way that little to no effort has gone into make it a good game...

there were meant to be quests, that guided you through, but they scrapped that idea, no idea why... so what if it locks the classes out of area untill they reach a certain part in the quest... meh... was hoping it would be good, whats needed is a PoE/Diablo type of game, or a server that resets every 6 months or something, keeping it fresh...

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

thing is its new... so people will play to be the best, I'm honestly shocked that people are playing, and even paying towards, It really makes me want to look into it all, it offends me in such a way that little to no effort has gone into make it a good game...

there were meant to be quests, that guided you through, but they scrapped that idea, no idea why... so what if it locks the classes out of area untill they reach a certain part in the quest... meh... was hoping it would be good, whats needed is a PoE/Diablo type of game, or a server that resets every 6 months or something, keeping it fresh...
ye im massively surprised, it felt rushed and half arsed. I was stuck on some quest to kill a deer.. but couldnt find one in the whole time i played lol

to me it felt like i was stuck in this 1 zone to grind it out for a good few hours before id even be able to go anywhere else.. which is fine if i had stuff to do e.g. quests, or items to find.. but i was fully geared and even getting items for 5 levels above my current 1

maybe the end game is really good, i dont know, but the start game wasnt good enough to keep my gripped and interesteed where as games like PoE and diablo get u hooked from level 1 right to the cap.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

ye im massively surprised, it felt rushed and half arsed. I was stuck on some quest to kill a deer.. but couldnt find one in the whole time i played lol

to me it felt like i was stuck in this 1 zone to grind it out for a good few hours before id even be able to go anywhere else.. which is fine if i had stuff to do e.g. quests, or items to find.. but i was fully geared and even getting items for 5 levels above my current 1

maybe the end game is really good, i dont know, but the start game wasnt good enough to keep my gripped and interesteed where as games like PoE and diablo get u hooked from level 1 right to the cap.

start of the game is meant to be the most fun, and it wasn't on here =-/

Last edited:

Ultima_GM

LOMCN Leecher
Jun 25, 2004

I am shocked that you two didn't enjoy it.

XxMasonxX

LOMCN Member
Jun 2, 2011

Download way to slow and others uploads stop at 64% cancelled the download :/