Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

I am shocked that you two didn't enjoy it.
what is there to like?? seems all the time was spend ****ing about adding ac/agil/dc to mobs rather then actual features or fixes o.0

its just boring.. quests were removed that guided people where to hunt as everything is different on here...

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK

I haven't seen one positive comment as of yet?

Considered giving it a go but may look elsewhere! BETA testers and live players yet to say anything that gives me hope.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

i'm shocked that in almost 14 years your first contribution was "Looks like a really exciting server"

hes a GM of course he's going to say that.. lol its like Jamie posting in his thread, "This looks like a good server..."

very... weird like.

Considered giving it a go but may look elsewhere! BETA testers and live players yet to say anything that gives me hope.

save yourself the 48 hour download ;)

Last edited:

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

Well I am enjoying it so far, possibly cause I have lots of people to play it with? :/

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

because everyone who posted about it being **** fell behind everyone else is leveling and doesnt have time to post i guess.. 1st few levels was hell but once your past them its all smooth.. imo some people play a few hours and think they seen it all wouldn't listen to a word until you try yourself.

im having fun level 18 assassins atm, starts off abit slow because everything seems new.

plenty of PK and exp grps going around.

Last edited:

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

I'm enjoying it tbh, and the download took me an hour afew days ago... I will say the cooldown on wiz skills is erm... ****

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

:) Anybody know how big of a part P2W is going to play here? Can you obtain skills without paying irl cash and i don't mean 1/1,000,000 per book bosses are at like Previous server's. Understand it's early days but don't wanna play grind like **** to find i have to spend 30£ at level 30 odd to get a decent spell.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

because everyone who posted about it being **** fell behind everyone else is leveling and doesnt have time to post i guess.. 1st few levels was hell but once your past them its all smooth.. imo some people play a few hours and think they seen it all wouldn't listen to a word until you try yourself.

im having fun level 18 assassins atm, starts off abit slow because everything seems new.

plenty of PK and exp grps going around.
Think your missing the point tho, as Martyn said, the low levels and the first few hours of the game should be FUN and exciting
I logged onto Marble when it launched and it was a lot of fun, there was a bunch of quests, mob levels were pretty cool, the kill counter etc was something brand new that generated a bit of interest etc... but Archons has none of that.

You shouldn't have to "push past" that boring part to then get to the good parts.. the servers backwards

normally a server launches and that will be its peak usercount because its new, the hype is there, the starting levels are always easy to do, items are easy to get, it keeps you glued to it.. then as it gets harder, upgrades become less frequent and the hype dies down most quit and only hardcore people are left.
Feels like that hardcore stage gets hit right around level 7 lol

wumatica

RandomHero
Golden Oldie
Nov 21, 2007

Have to agree with the starting part, thought quite a few times about quiting, anyhow I managed to continue and server seems to become enjoyable right now.

Found a decent group of people to have fun/level with.

Althought I enjoy myself there's a lot of stuff that needs doing, and which should've been done in BETA stage. So what have you guys been doing in BETA??

off for some sleep now but who want some lvling with me after the weekend pm Wildstylez

speedytm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 19, 2005
Lugoj

where i can find maps? i installed the game but bw is all black...
ty

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Well, I played 12 hours was really enjoying it...

Playing solo getting 50 Exp per mob, then a group of 15 people come along... they add me to the grp and I am still getting 20+ exp. at this point I lost all motivation because the grp exp far out weighs solo.

Good luck with the server, just shame there was no Open Beta to high light it.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK

Playing solo getting 50 Exp per mob, then a group of 15 people come along... they add me to the grp and I am still getting 20+ exp. at this point I lost all motivation because the grp exp far out weighs solo.

I don't understand why your so emotional over it? I think mir is better played in groups; sure there is a penalty but not enough to just **** people over enough to just want to sit in their little dark circle 24/7 grinding solo.

I'd think maybe a better group limit of 12 (i don't know what the current one is).

xAxNxAx

BadToTheBone
Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2010
Next To You

Think your missing the point tho, as Martyn said, the low levels and the first few hours of the game should be FUN and exciting
I logged onto Marble when it launched and it was a lot of fun, there was a bunch of quests, mob levels were pretty cool, the kill counter etc was something brand new that generated a bit of interest etc... but Archons has none of that.

You shouldn't have to "push past" that boring part to then get to the good parts.. the servers backwards

normally a server launches and that will be its peak usercount because its new, the hype is there, the starting levels are always easy to do, items are easy to get, it keeps you glued to it.. then as it gets harder, upgrades become less frequent and the hype dies down most quit and only hardcore people are left.
Feels like that hardcore stage gets hit right around level 7 lol

When did marble have a bunch of quest? Are u forgot what server u play or u just try to confuse ppl??

@jamie about solo/grp lvling areas its the same as in your server or you forgot about ppl complain they just get decent exp in big grps than solo? Why u bring this into discussion when your server is the same

SkeemaLOM

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 6, 2017

decent points being raised, take it as feedback rather than getting upset. If a 15 man group gets basically close to the exp of solo, considering they will be able to clear mobs much faster that screams of unbalance to me

but hey if ure happy how it is gl hf enjoy the game, not for me personally

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

:) Anybody know how big of a part P2W is going to play here? Can you obtain skills without paying irl cash and i don't mean 1/1,000,000 per book bosses are at like Previous server's. Understand it's early days but don't wanna play grind like **** to find i have to spend 30£ at level 30 odd to get a decent spell.

No items or anything like that In game shop just normal things like 1 month subscribing gets you
20% exp
20% drop rate
20% gold drop
store slots
+1 int
all for 150 gg, and 200gg is 15 pound so cheap of you ask me compare to any other server.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Although there is a Potion you can buy from the GameShop that for an hour prevents you from body dropping.

Which is a big no no.

Other than, have to agree not pay 2 win and pleasently surprised tbh. Goodjob.

If you can get past the awful UI interactions/clunkyness, it is a fun server. Definitely lacking in quests though, and I fail to see how there's going to be 20 more spells for each class coming in any time soon when people are going to be struggling to even put skill points into their current ones, but I digress.

Server needs some tweaks but honestly if he actually acts on it quickly and implements changes asap and shows he's capable, people will remain loyal and stick around. If he doesn't... then it wont last. Simple as that really.

Last edited:

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

Although there is a Potion you can buy from the GameShop that for an hour prevents you from body dropping.

Which is a big no no.

Other than, have to agree not pay 2 win and pleasently surprised tbh. Goodjob.

If you can get past the awful UI interactions/clunkyness, it is a fun server. Definitely lacking in quests though, and I fail to see how there's going to be 20 more spells for each class coming in any time soon when people are going to be struggling to even put skill points into their current ones, but I digress.

Server needs some tweaks but honestly if he actually acts on it quickly and implements changes asap and shows he's capable, people will remain loyal and stick around. If he doesn't... then it wont last. Simple as that really.

The potion only lasts 60min, which imo only a very small amount of people will use money on.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

Glad someone enjoyed it :p

It may be that you were highest level and getting a larger share of the exp

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015

in all honisty i was apart of that grp we had roughly 12 poeple and we were leveling rapid. it may need looking into as its going to put alot of people of mate can u atleast double check yopur group exp cap ext a grp of 12 + rly shouldnt be getting 20-30 exp a mob ( i was levelign with taht grp in insects at lcl 14 got to lvl 20 within the space of a cupple hrs.

Fw things id like to mention

1. acc on chars ( seems to miss alot even with 29+ i may have 34+ acc at the moment)
2/ flame strike dose not seem to hit x2 and feels realy buggy were lightning slash seems perfectly fine unsure if it x2 hits like it says it should tho)
3. kick seems useless/ sins lvl 21 skill seems to never used rather just swing my flaming/lighting slash saves time and kills quicker

alot of others miss with high acc aswell unsure how stats balance is goign to work esspecialy when wizzies can tame pets that are rock solid and bang u out with in seconds liek omas and insects Lmao

bosses seem to be a problem also not realy had to encounter any bosses killed a cuppel of khazards that drop a **** tone of sunnies ( wt is out of the qustion at this time ) oma arriors ( unsure if this is a boss) i know were ar still low but the balance of kit seems of had a normal 26 rin and 28 ring and teh 26 ring is ( example 2-6dc )26< 28 > (1-4 dc ) unsure how thsi is ment ot be ect

Any other class info add here i guess unsure about rest just thought id shere my opinion on what ive experianced with my class and within the server

---------- Post Merged at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Also is there going to be custom guild so we can make our own also sabuk like war available

just curious this can wait untill fixes obviously

Soms classes such as barberian necromacer and pyromancer seem to get lvl 16 armours huge benifit and lvl 19 wepons+ ther additonal 20_24 kit were others get nothing from lvl 11-14 /22-24

---------- Post Merged at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Also just a few people were curious as if there will be a rank system available to see curent rankings ect and also a usercount display