Rt -> rlt

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
years back when I was checking on chinese mir servers I found them so populated that in town in peak times you couldn't get out of SZ otherwise than using RT, you just couldn't walk out through the thick crowd in town.
But RT meant landing all over the whole province and that gave me idea of RLT scrolls or Random Limited Transport scrolls. Those would work like RT but have more limited radius, say two screen view radius, so that if you used RLTed in town to get from crowding in SZ, you would know you will land someplace in that town, except if you were near its walls in which case you could land behind wall.

Perhaps two screen view range would be just about right (two screen view radius - the one which you have in view plus another such length past that). It would bring lots of fun into mir life in general, perhaps RLTs would have to be made to work only outside caves so that they wouldn't lead to various exploitation, but in any case I think that such new item would lead to new interesting addition to mir and it shouldn't be too difficult to add it in. What you think.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
I like the idea but here's some possible problems:

PvP/Wars - Using these that allow you to teleport two screens away will ensure that you can stay close to the team fight whilst being safe at most times because this will teleport you randomly away from the centre of the fight if ever you get too close. It will just mean whoever has the more RLT's wins.

Any walls - You'll be able to jump over these where you aren't meant too, even where the wizard teleport skill can't reach.

The idea is good but I don't think it should be an item like the RT. An easier way would be to make several NPC's that are close to the SZ have a teleport feature that teleports you to several places around the town. I just think RLT's would cause a lot of annoyance but a nice idea for anyone who want's them in their servers.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Good points. Just remember that many times you would teleport just a few steps away, probably you'd stay on the same screen (you know that happens even with RTs often enough that you get put one step away LOL) but I suppose they would be exploited in fights even so. But maybe they would make for more fun? Maybe put them in drops only? Or they would make good gameshop money maker?

As to walls, you couldn't do anything with these than what you could with normal RTs, but if you wanted to get over some wall, RLTs would make that much easier, more sure fire thing. Like in some caves where you need just to get behind some wall and the rest is a short run, you'd stand better chance with these shorter range RTs

Last edited: