Abandoned Sapphire Server - Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Information

Advert is still being edited/modified/updated.

Background
Like most of us, we've played this game for many years, most of us play the game because we enjoy the play style, we know what to expect and it gives us the feeling of nostalgia. Sapphire server has been redesigned from the ground up and has gone through many different iterations of trail and error. The game/client is both smooth and stable, contains plenty of customizations such as chat layout, chat colours, key binding/layouts, resizing the Belt / MiniMap to name a few. My Marble source has been used as an inspiration for several mechanics, ranging from Boss AI and the way potions work (+HP Regen for X seconds)

Major Changes
I will like to start by explaining that there are significant changes to each class and the game as a whole, I would like to make a quick note on some of these changes and the reasoning behind them.

• There is now only 1 Town, Castle GI was chosen for it size and style.
    • Having the population split over so many towns makes the server feel empty and less populated, also this will increase the chances of PvP happening
  • Bag / Body Weight
    • I have always help the opinion that it should be either Bag Weight or Bag Space, I have done away with Item weight and have limited this to just Bag Space
  • MP - Removed
    • I have played a lot of different games recently I have found the most enjoyable games are the ones without any MP or costs to casting spells, this works well on Sapphire
  • Refine / Added Items - Removed
    • These two systems were removed because of their interactions with the new awakening system, (The core upgrading mechanic)
  • Gems - Mechanic changed
    • In order to complement the awakening system, Gems can no longer break an item, instead they will either work or wipe the item of any previous gems.
    • Gems are more effectives on higher level items, for example, Life Necklace MC+2 per Magic Gem, Demonics Bells would be MC+3 per Magic Gem
  • Nearly ALL of the Maps have been either remade or modified in a custom map maker.
    • In order to remove the stale feeling and to inject some energy into the server, new maps seemed to be a good choice.
    • Some caves such as BDD or Bug Cave have had only minor modifications
  • Class changes, Every class has had some Major changes and are listed below in their own section(s)

Features
  • Resting Bonus
    • I've noticed a pattern that users are concerned about Paid levelers and the inbalance this causes.
    • You will gain a "Rested" Buff when you are offline or in SafeZone
      • +50% Experience
      • Max duration 12 Hours.
  • Hunting log
    • Tracks the experience gained, damage dealt / taken, Kills and deaths,
    • Once you have reached 100% of the required Log Experience for that monster, you gain a permanent Stat buff (Account wide)
    • 1657277448087.png
  • Quests
    • There are a bunch of tutorial quests which will help introduce features to the game, ranging from Talking to NPCs, wearing items, upgrading items etc.
    • There are plenty of repeatable quests (Almost 1 Repeatable quest for each monster)
    • 1657277464325.png
  • Auto Potion
    • A basic auto potion feature (Cannot use Instant potions)
    • 1657277472676.png
  • Awakening
    • Items can now be awakened
    • for each awakening the items gains 10% more stats per level (Currently Capped to +10)
    • Upgraded bonus/stats from Benediction Oil or Gems are not lost
    • In order to Awaken an Item you will need to use a duplicate copy, (The higher the awakening the more items you need)
    • 1657277480832.png
  • Magic Levels
    • Magic are automatically learned when you meet the requirements
    • Magic are very strong at Level 0 and have full functionality
    • Magic scale slowly with each Level up to a maximum of Level 10
    • In order to level up a magic, you need to use the correct awakening level Book
      • Flaming Sword: Level 0 -> Level 1 you will need to use a Flaming Sword Book which has not been awakened
      • Flaming Sword: Level 1 -> Level 2 you will need to use a Flaming Sword +1 Book (Awakened +1)
      • 1657277490643.png

Magic Changes
There have been significant changes across the board for each class, I won't go into the specifics of why changes were made, but I will outline all Magics and Functions

• Warrior
    • Level 5 : Cross Half Moons
      • Range increased from 1 space to 2 spaces away
      • Damage increases with magic level
      • Deals Reduced damage to enemies 2 spaces away
    • Level 10 : Protection Field
      • Duration and potency increases with magic level
    • Level 15: Lion Roar
      • Taunts Non-Boss monsters in a large area increasing their movement speed and making them target the caster
      • Duration increases with magic level
    • Level 20: Twin Drake Blade
      • Has a chance to inflict Yellow Poison
    • Level 25: Shoulder Dash
      • Increases the maximum level that can be pushed
    • Level 30: Blade Avalanche
    • Level 35: Rage
    • Level 40: Flaming Sword

• Wizard
    • Level 5 : Flame Disruptor
    • Level 10 : Fire Wall
      • Duration and damage increases with magic level
    • Level 15: Lightning
    • Level 20: Magic Shield
    • Level 25: Repulsion
    • Level 30: Magic Booster
    • Level 35: Flame Field
    • Level 40: Meteor Strike

• Taoist
    • Level 5 : Soul Fire Ball
      • Shotgun effect hitting targets in an area around main target
      • Damage and Maximum number of targets increases with magic level
    • Level 10 : Healing
      • Targets all nearby party members
      • Also removes all poisons
    • Level 15: Poisoning
      • Applies both Green and Red
      • Duration and damage increases with magic level
      • Spreads to nearby monsters
    • Level 20: Ultimate Enhancer
      • Targets all nearby party members
      • Increases AC, AMC, DC MC and SC
    • Level 25: Energy Repulsor
    • Level 30: Reincarnation
      • Success chance and potency increases with magic level
    • Level 35: Poison Cloud
      • Damage and duration increases with magic level
    • Level 40: Curse

• Assassin
    • Level 5 : Double Slash
    • Level 10 : Light Body
      • Increases Attack Speed and Agility
    • Level 15: Dark Body
      • Upon killing an enemy, explode damaging nearby monsters
    • Level 20: Crescent Slash
      • 20% Chance on attack to trigger
      • Damages enemies in a large area in front of the player
      • Duration increases with magic level
    • Level 25: Fire Burst
    • Level 30: Poison Sword
    • Level 35: Soul Eater
      • Upon killing an enemy, recover % of your max health
      • Potency increases with magic level
    • Level 40: Moon Light
      • Decreases health cost with magic level

Game Store
  • Sapphires is the currency of the Game Store
    • £1.00 for 100 Sapphires, the standard bonus is added for higher purchase amounts (15% bonus is max).
  • You can obtain Sapphires in game as a free to play player by gold.
  • General Buffs last for 24 Hours of In-Game play time for 99~149 Sapphires
  • Item availability subject to change

Reactions: ventus

Sheg

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 11, 2018
Wow, Jamie's new server!
Is today my birthday?

awesome

Microsoft
Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
hey guys sapphire.exe shows as a virus

it's auto deleted from antivirus

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
hey guys sapphire.exe shows as a virus

it's auto deleted from antivirus
All custom-made exes will show as a virus unless the source code is sent off to Microsoft.

Just add the folder as exclusion and should work fine.

Mazza

LOMCN Member
Nov 30, 2013
smooth and sophisticated as we expect from Jamie. Different maps skill and mechanics. Different players be good. Same old ppl who play to make cash getting drops "by any means possible". 10 days in already chars for sale. Heard ppl saying Great group fights in BDD or OKS never yet heard anyone say was great pking someone who couldnt see me til they half dead for a bene.

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
smooth and sophisticated as we expect from Jamie. Different maps skill and mechanics. Different players be good. Same old ppl who play to make cash getting drops "by any means possible". 10 days in already chars for sale. Heard ppl saying Great group fights in BDD or OKS never yet heard anyone say was great pking someone who couldnt see me til they half dead for a bene.
I've not played it much but their have been far too many pkers on the server for my liking, seems their is little consequence to it

Reactions: Gilibran

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
I feel this message. The only thing I would say is that the awakening npc would be better suited near SZ over outside, as your not paying as much attention. Been killed 4/5 times this way so far and its annoying. Out leveling / hunting you expect it. There are higher level players hunting in lower level caves that doesn't help out some players, but I've got over it and learnt to adapt to this.

Also, do books drop from normal mobs or just subs and bosses?? This atm is quite hard to get around.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I feel this message. The only thing I would say is that the awakening npc would be better suited near SZ over outside, as your not paying as much attention. Been killed 4/5 times this way so far and its annoying. Out leveling / hunting you expect it. There are higher level players hunting in lower level caves that doesn't help out some players, but I've got over it and learnt to adapt to this.

Also, do books drop from normal mobs or just subs and bosses?? This atm is quite hard to get around.
books drop from most normal mobs, as do gems.

Just RNG

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

It'll be moved closer to Safe Zone on next reboot.

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
I like the new systems you've added, the book system looks really interesting, though not sure about losing pets on tao, genuinely interested how they play at high level.

It's a shame I didn't start at release, I've tried to play now but with no penalty for murdering anyone there's no consequences killing low levels in 1 hit, it's pretty frustrating to play for new starters. I like that you've include the low level buff, but when I'm getting murdered running to the low level cave tele, it just makes me rage quit. I guess some players enjoy getting people to quit, so if that's what your going for on this server, so be it, but it's a sure fire way to kill long term growth imo.

horizon02

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2012
Server is pretty good so far, i like the part where i get killed over and over hunting omar at level 8/9 and level 40s pk😂

Also if you play ok a laptop do NOT press Fn key, you’ll instantly hate the game, never had that happen before on a server -.-

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
Logged in got level 3 killing hens, level 42 sin "fearmyblades" kills me great experience but i push through. I respawn, go kill some deer im level 4, feeling good, level 52 wizard "doctor" has now slain me. I close the game my journey is over well played.

• Haha
Reactions: Fusion and isilion

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
Logged in got level 3 killing hens, level 42 sin "fearmyblades" kills me great experience but i push through. I respawn, go kill some deer im level 4, feeling good, level 52 wizard "doctor" has now slain me. I close the game my journey is over well played.

You're too sensitive for a game like Mir, try Hello Kitty videogames next time

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
Sensitive about what? Saying someone 40 and 50 levels higher than me killing me, wasting my time is sensitive? Im sorry what, you must beat 2 year old kids up irl and brag about that or something? Coming from someone who looks like he plays every single server that comes out and quits when someone kills him doesn't really bother me

xXxLegendxXx

Banned
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
That's really messed up, wth :/, these people have no life honestly if i was GM i would have banned them....

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
I think a ban would be too far imo, i think its griefing, but someone like nigelfathead will say its " balanced pvp"

Gilibran

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 27, 2022
Sensitive about what? Saying someone 40 and 50 levels higher than me killing me, wasting my time is sensitive? Im sorry what, you must beat 2 year old kids up irl and brag about that or something? Coming from someone who looks like he plays every single server that comes out and quits when someone kills him doesn't really bother me
I know what you mean, started off, got to lvl 7, hunting chickens and deer but got killed 12 times getting to that level by lvl40+. Do you get bonus points for pk'ing? Keep going though, you will survive, eventually!

Status
Not open for further replies.