Request See picture in message

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
Image 51.Png

Anybody tell me why this is happening? the weps are set to war weps but wont work with war spells cant figure out why as all others seem to be fine, happening to random ones level class makes no difference :/

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Strange looks like they're still trying to register as a Sin Weapons if you're using a warrior skill.

Upvote 0

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
yeh i had the problem earlier but managed to rectify it on the one wep, but like 6 of them not working for all classes atm and cant figure out why :/ now theres some that where working previously not working :/ really dont want to have to re do it just finished my kit content -.-

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
codes up to 200 and all weps are set to there specified class and yes i have every item in my DB written down with there lib number and item number so i dont have to constantly use my library and i mean every item, i got angry and deleted my whole DB so will start again, if it happens again then god knows as im very limited on my code knowledge but unsure why that would make a difference to skills working with weapons especially considering there swords staffs and fans archer/sin items arent even in the game atm :/ Image 52.Png
Post automatically merged:

state and lib all correct still same issue

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
Screenshot 23_01_2020 15_25_45.png

Doesnt Seem to be any issue in DB or in the .libs to me anyway all weaps have right amount of images all seem to be in right place... im stumped lol, worst thing is 2 of best weps i had ingame have the problem and ruined my story XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
anything over Shape 100 is considered an assassin weapon, any Shape 200+ is an archer weapon.

just remove one of the weapons 0-99 that your not using

EDIT: PlayerObject in client has this

Code:
        public bool HasClassWeapon
        {
            get
            {
                switch (Weapon / 100)
                {
                    default:
                        return Class == MirClass.Wizard || Class == MirClass.Warrior || Class == MirClass.Taoist;
                    case 1:
                        return Class == MirClass.Assassin;
                    case 2:
                        return Class == MirClass.Archer;
                }
            }
        }

if you made it / 150 the 0-149 would be war 150-299 assasin 300+ archer

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
Legend of Mir - Microsoft Visual Studio 23_01_2020 15_57_04.png
they have individual folders for sin and archer weps so that doesnt make sense to me at all? Cweps ARweps AAweps so why would my Cweapon amount have anything to do with sin or archer? + i have no more than 140 weapons in my Cwep folder so thats deffo out for an explanation bud :/

Upvote 0

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
no you dont get it

that bool i posted returns a true or false..... no matter what folder the weapons are in, its to do with the shape number.

my maths were wrong on the last post

but this bit....

Code:
public bool HasClassWeapon
        {
            get
            {
                switch (Weapon / 100)
                {
                    default:
                        return Class == MirClass.Wizard || Class == MirClass.Warrior || Class == MirClass.Taoist;
                    case 1:
                        return Class == MirClass.Assassin;
                    case 2:
                        return Class == MirClass.Archer;
                }
            }
        }

this is what dictated what class can use a weapon not the folder

weapon retuns the shap as an integer, its then divided by 100 and ithe case dictates what class can use it

E.G. shape 40 / 100 0.4 (rounds down) so become a 0 (default)

Case Default is war wiz tao

shape 101 / 100 = 1.01 rounds down to 1, case 1 sin weapon
Post automatically merged:

you have a weapon shaped 124 / 100 = 1.24 rounded down its 1so its a sin weapon, its a simple as that

Reactions: LuckyDip
Upvote 0

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
ok unsure why cuz i never had this problem before but your right sanj is all weps above 100 obviously had to check XD, is there no way to rectify this? as thats a problem for me and the content i want to implement

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
are you using ALL 1-99 weapons? that alot of war/wiz/tao weapons

EDIT: if you change it to Weapons / 200 then 1-199 are warrior weapons called from CWeapon

200-399 are sin weapons 200 = 00 L and 00 R in AWeapon

400 - 599 = archer weapons 400 = ARWeapon 00 and 00 S

you might have to change this in another loacation tho let me check.

yeah you will need to edit

public virtual void SetLibraries()

in PlayerObject client side

look for

if (HasClassWeapon)
{
int Index = Weapon - 200;

you shoudl be fine from that

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
i was going to use them all as i have the evolving weapons etc that i have ideas for so i will look to make the change, but i could get rid of 1 or 2 of them XD, and i am currently only using those 3 classes so when i know enough i will move onto sin and archer but i dont know enough about those classes for me to want to touch them just yet, i do plan to make a releasable server one day but have 0 interest in spending 5 months throwing stuff together to rush it out i have time to put into it atm so im trying to tweak out all the kinks ingame side before touching code (unless i hit a wall ingame that requires it)

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
You don't want to over do it with items in a game, especially with 5 classes, you are setting yourself up for a huge headache for balance and drop rate management etc.

You can still do it, just make sure everything balances out :)

Upvote 0

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
You don't want to over do it with items in a game, especially with 5 classes, you are setting yourself up for a huge headache for balance and drop rate management etc.

You can still do it, just make sure everything balances out :)
0 interest in releasing a public server within the next year or so and 0 interest in learning about sins and archers before im up to date on the first 3 classes at least to a good extent so being able to play through i can add and alter the other 2 classes over time when i grasp abit more on there mechanics, DB is easily changed/reduced/erased and i have no problem starting from scratch when the times right for now its just about learning :)
im all about the progression of mir :)

also this is done :D thanks to iceman for the help again XD

Upvote 0