Server for casuals

CountedZero

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 4, 2019
SurvivorLOM said
Tbh if you really fancied the itch you could follow the guide on here and within an evening you could have your own server and client to log on to yourself locally. Could level yourself to 40 and kit yourself up, increase the BDD mobs stats and have a blast whenever you fancied it.

Running it locally on your own PC costs £0

Is true
. Perhaps thats where everyone has gone .
mmmmmmmm thinking of that myself . Have a spare (old) tower in atic.

Reactions: marcmulhern3

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
This is what I would suggest make it low rate but where u start of at a level where you are instantly part of the competition, not having to level skills etc. ( or even forget lvling all together
I always felt mir started to lose its appeal as soon as stats became stupid and spells like FF became the only skills a wizard would use because it was easy to achieve luck 5+ and rms were being made with stupid MC (even though I had plenty of fun with you doing this Ben :p)

from what I’m reading no one has tried to make a server that is purely made for a level playing field where players/ boss fights are the aim - but in the same way people are saying it won’t work?

I will take a look at hosting a server ( i have storage/ resources spare at work).

For a simple mir server what files would you suggest should be used? Would only look to use 3 classes and skills before poison cloud!

I’m sure it will not work like many have said but I know a few people who would be willing to play a server that is actually built for the adhoc and arranged timings of things to do instead of wasting time fishing/mining/crafting/levelling.
100% see your point on if your a casual and get back from work and have possibly 1-2 hours...what do you spend your time on? Probably a rushed attempt at purely levelling...whereas you could be competing with ppl that have spent 6 hours gathering materials, mining, fishing and they have also levelled all day.

Sad truth is tho mate you take out Fishing/Mining/Crafting/Levelling you lose a massive chunk of the usercount who are server hoppers looking to make money or you have everyone focusing on 1 thing the casuals still lose out as it’s too camped.

Even taking all that out and purely focusing on items you would still be behind as ppl would spend 8+ hours farming bosses and you would come home from work to a camped boss and maybe get lucky to kill 1....back to square 1 hehe 🙃

Instances? Do ppl even like instances?

Level caps? Do ppl even like caps?

The more you look into it the more you understand what Odysee are trying to do with the xp catch up mechanic...it’s on point. I believe Valk V2 said he was doing this aswell.

Last edited:

marcmulhern3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2009
Can someone link to me server files that are still live? Every link I’ve tried on the forum are dead?
Sorry if I’m missing a simple link?

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda

Colin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 30, 2013
@marcmulhern3 your idea of a server appeals to me and maybe a select 10-50 UC but bigger numbers these days you have to appeal to ppl that want things fast, lots of custom new content from the off and an opportunity for many to earn money through your server selling levels, gold and items.
This is the bit everyone pretends isnt there. Making money by levelling selling items or chars is why many are so "competitive" about levelling being first to bosses to get items to sell.

Maybe if it can be done have casual characters for rent on the server. For a fee you can have a character for 3/5/7 days which is up there with the top 10 rankings with decent kit and is deleted after 3/5/7 days. Renewal cost twice as much and then its cant be renewed again. And sod fishing and mining. Caves to hunt gold, caves to exp, but not both together.