Other Server from around 2014 with hero companion system?

smoochy boys on tour

Artavash

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 13, 2014
Good afternoon everyone,

Back around 2014 there was a legend of mir server running a custom companion system. You received a Warrior/Taoist/Wiz companion after level 20 that you could name, and equip items just like a player, and it would level with you, you could teach it skills of its class, etc almost as if having a player running around with you. I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what server im talking about, or if they may even have the files for that system? My father who passed away in 2013 used to play Legend of mir with my brother, mother and I when we were children and when I had found that server, I immediately chose a wizard to be my companion and named him the same as my fathers character back on LOM and it felt like he was there with me again playing LOM with me. It would mean a lot to me if anyone has any knowledge on the server im talking about and could point me in the right direction.

Yours truly,
Artavash

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i hosted a server called HeroesEU back in 2014, but its forum was held on Laptas forums before i really got into LOMCN.

ive just checked my server files, on the server you had a notice board outside caves that you registered to. OmaCave has over 300 names on it and it didnt have Artavash. sorry so might not have been mine, but the server files you were playing on were Heroes files.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Artavash and zedina
Upvote 0

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Good afternoon everyone,

Back around 2014 there was a legend of mir server running a custom companion system. You received a Warrior/Taoist/Wiz companion after level 20 that you could name, and equip items just like a player, and it would level with you, you could teach it skills of its class, etc almost as if having a player running around with you. I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what server im talking about, or if they may even have the files for that system? My father who passed away in 2013 used to play Legend of mir with my brother, mother and I when we were children and when I had found that server, I immediately chose a wizard to be my companion and named him the same as my fathers character back on LOM and it felt like he was there with me again playing LOM with me. It would mean a lot to me if anyone has any knowledge on the server im talking about and could point me in the right direction.

Yours truly,
Artavash
Hopefully, you will be pleased to see this is something currently in active development on the Artificial files by Chriz. I have a recent screenshot showing him testing them out here. Not sure when they'll be ready for players to use yet though, but we're working on it :)

Upvote 0

Artavash

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 13, 2014
Hopefully, you will be pleased to see this is something currently in active development on the Artificial files by Chriz. I have a recent screenshot showing him testing them out here. Not sure when they'll be ready for players to use yet though, but we're working on it :)

View attachment 21091
That looks amazing!! I would love to see something like that make a comeback. That is exactly what i was talking about! That is really awesome! Hope to see it in use someday.

Reactions: Wittin and Chriz
Upvote 0