Server hosting on a router

smoochy boys on tour

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
I've previously set up a few servers on dedicated servers and test servers on my own computer but i've tried to set a home hosted server up now and the IP setup that i've used before don't work the same with a router. I know everything else is fine because i've had it running as a test server on 127.0.0.1 IP's for months now so im 99.9% sure its a conflict witht he live IP's. Has any1 got a list of what IP's go where for a router or could even perhaps tell me. Saying change all to net ip or w/e isnt gonna help much coz i know some still have to be 127.0.0.1, cheers in advance

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
What would no IP have that a IP wouldnt?

I got up this morning and my internet wouldnt connect again so i had to revert back to my normal settings :( this is a major pain in the ass.

Upvote 0

mapadale

What would no IP have that a IP wouldnt?

I got up this morning and my internet wouldnt connect again so i had to revert back to my normal settings :( this is a major pain in the ass.
For starters it never changes and NO-IP is a DNS.

Though I've tried everything that everyone has told you to do and each way works. So I can't see why ur having such a huge problem with it.

Can you provide screen shots of all ur IP settings?

Upvote 0

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
For starters it never changes and NO-IP is a DNS.

Though I've tried everything that everyone has told you to do and each way works. So I can't see why ur having such a huge problem with it.

Can you provide screen shots of all ur IP settings?
Fancy helping me on remote or something coz its doin me nappa in

Upvote 0

mapadale

Looking at the server, there should be no reason for the issues you are having.

The CPU isn't being over used and the memory is no way hitting max.

All ports are open and active and so no issue there at all.

Was stumped to as and what the issue is causing the problem.....................

Upvote 0