Heroes Server online but how do people connect?

jamiecarter2012

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2012
as title finally got server online but wot do i need to do so other people can connect? in detail plz im a noob

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
By online, do you actually mean its set up with internet IPs and not local rather than just running on your machine ?
Assuming it is ready, you need to enable players to have the client files to match what your server is set up for and have the correct IP in the ini files or make the IP address available to them some other way.

Upvote 0

jamiecarter2012

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2012
my brother can connect in germany whilst im in england but he also has server files which is set up for my IP the problem is when i goto whatismyip.com my ip changes everyday. i have setup a static IP but he cannot connect when i change server to static ip

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
A static IP is set by your ISP, not just by putting an IP into your server files.
Unless you've arranged and probably paying extra for your static IP, you'll be assigned a dynamic IP by BT for example, every time you turn your hub on. If you want to keep an IP for longer periods, you'll need to leave your hub online.

Upvote 0

jamiecarter2012

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2012
ok yeah im online and Ardbeg your right my IP changes everyday bit of nuisance but i aint paying the extra also BT will only give u a static IP if u change to a buisness line instead of residential :(

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Sorry for a late reply.
If your server is being left permanently online, your IP will remain constant until it gets turned off by you or a powercut or if BT disconnects you for usage limits.
This will reduce your need to change IPs in your files dramatically.

Upvote 0

ixtrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2012
im in a similar situation ><
even tho i have a redirection service , i dont appear be able use that url in the config/ini files
is it possible to use a 'http://blahblah.meh' format in the ini? or must it be a IP addy?
ive tried the address in all formats , enclosed in brackets, with and without the http part etc

Upvote 0

Relentless

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
Hull-England
for me i used no-ip when i didnt have a static ip, but with my internet i can change my static ip whenever i want with 1 phone call.
-- Set your server up as it is and make No-ip account for E.g JamiesMir3.no-ip.biz . then where you would put your External ips in your mud3 put JamiesMir3.no-ip.biz and will work fine and everytime your ip changed it will automaticly do it for you all you need is a 1 minute reboot for your server to register the ip again.

Gl if you need anymore help Pm me :)

Kind Regards. Ben.

Upvote 0