Help Server Setup Issues

r4ptor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2010
Trying to mess around with a crystal server, i followed the guide made in 2015 by Wargodsius, i followed the steps, downloaded the files for crystal server, and the data files from the github, got the visual program, designated the pathways to the Client/Server folders via the visual program and when i try to compile i just get errors, for example.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS0117 'MirGridType' does not contain a definition for 'Socket' Client C:\Legend of Mir\mir2-master\Client\MirControls\MirItemCell.cs 99 Active

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS0117 'EquipSlotItem' does not contain a definition for 'ToUniqueID' Client C:\Legend of Mir\mir2-master\Client\MirControls\MirItemCell.cs 573 Active

I've been messing around with mir files for last few days, downloaded a VM to run windows XP to try get SQL2005 to work for a 2.3 mir files server to work, followed some other tutorials.. which had expired links, to which i found out about mirfiles.co.uk but i don't know what files i needed from that website to make a working server, so i kind of put that on the side and tried the crystal files because it's meant to be easier, but yeah... just can't seem to get anything to work atm.. I'm clearly not doing something right.