Server Status Listings

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
I'm not sure how you would do this for LOMCN, but on our servers supporting website we are going to have server statistics. (I might demo this later when im not at work).

One of these stats shows unique logins over the last 24 hours. Maybe something like this could be implimented on LOMCN? I know it would mean quite a few servers having to change some core code though. So not sure how feasable it would be. Just throwing it out there though.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
If i wasnt buying a house and my partner taking control of my bank account to stop me living like a king on luxury lunches i would donate 😂
I got married 4 months ago, I have a feeling me losing my luxury lunches at work is imminent.

• Haha
Reactions: XloverBoy7X

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I'm not sure how you would do this for LOMCN, but on our servers supporting website we are going to have server statistics. (I might demo this later when im not at work).

One of these stats shows unique logins over the last 24 hours. Maybe something like this could be implimented on LOMCN? I know it would mean quite a few servers having to change some core code though. So not sure how feasable it would be. Just throwing it out there though.

Could somebody not code an optional "plugin" or a few line of codes to return certain values which cant be tinkered, or cant be tinkered easily?

I got married 4 months ago, I have a feeling me losing my luxury lunches at work is imminent.

When you're tucking into a greasy fry-up, or a pub lunch please think of me on my co-op sandwich and glass of water as bottled drinks are too much.

Saying that.. i am going to feed shop to buy some chicken food, so i will be detouring via Mc D's as i wont have time to buy and eat a sandwich 🙄😍

• Haha
Reactions: LightBringer

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Could somebody not code an optional "plugin" or a few line of codes to return certain values which cant be tinkered, or cant be tinkered easily?
I don't think it is possible to create something that can't be tinkered with as that data is comming from the server owner. You just have to trust that they are being honest.
We will be trying to be as transparent as possible with our stats. I'm even thinking that we provide a list of users who are online. Although this might conflict with people who don't like that sort of thing publishing.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
i think u shud charge them per user shown, would stop all these fake usercounts =P
Charge some small base amount for every server and on top of that, take average over past week, tallied every Monday morning and put on that base amount some charge per user #.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Tai needs to setup a youtube channel and a merch store.

Like and subscribe and don't forget to hit the bell icon

• Haha
Reactions: Martyn

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
I've added an idle check for players after x minutes that player is unable to gain exp, companion doesn't level, can't mine and so on... then only non-idle players are counted in the online check. Obviously macros can be used to combat this but fairly easy to pick those up, main purpose was to stop afk mining and companion level though the user count was just an extra.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
How about a server that doesn't have game shop (and you can trust the owner is not selling perks to some players), shouldn't that be completely free from this proposed charge?

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
How about a server that only has hunts gold and is completely free to play. (Option to send donations just for buying additional vps time)

• Dislike
Reactions: XloverBoy7X

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
There might be one in the future. There might have been some in the past but on most servers I never even open GS window so I can't say if some didn't have it. I recall maybe on two servers run by 'locals' I clicked the shop icon by mistake, closed the shop window and didn't buy anything.

One exception was Korean Happy server but there I was buying with game gold, that is, with the gold mobs drop, I think 'gg' actually means the real money purchase of special currency which you then spend on GS items, right? My flaky awareness of it tells you, I never pay any real life cash on any server.

Anyway, I only suggested that so some one man servers are not put off going online or the twilight servers with few pple playing might not have additional reason to shut down. However, since by what I read about here, hosting a server is not a cheap thing to do, so some charge you put on won't probably make a dent in it one way or another.