Server Status Listings

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
How about a server where game gold pays you! (Don't mind your cpu and gpu usage at 100%, we are definitely not mining doge coin off your pc :p Trust us) doge.png

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
Subscription based that runs on a timer of ingame play. Pauses when logged out or idle (no movement or chatting) for 10mins..? :D
£5/720 hours or something :rolleyes::carrot:

Edit: Would also help solve the mining bots discussed in another thread// OR help fund servers from filthy rich arabs lol
+ remove gameshop **** and hard torches and let items flow and break and dura bash... bring back reason for endurance gems :P

Last edited:
Reactions: Tai

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Like I have always said; I would happily run a V2 that is free of charge, but the problem being is you operate at a loss (due to Server hosting, Web/DNS etc) on top of that, if you have a team, you all have to be happy that you aren't getting anything back for your time. (or the owner, in this case me, would still be paying the other people for their work, so you are making more of a loss)

I would make a cosmetic only store but again, it's not really been done before so you can't really see if it would bring the value in (as its not games like league where skins = skill...)

If anyone has any ideas on how to run a server that could even self sustain (break even) without introducing any game altering consumables (such as exp pots, mounts with stats, drop pots etc) I will happily have a look at it.

As I have always said, I am here to make a game/games for people to enjoy.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Cosmetic sales would easily cover running costs. Without a doubt.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Cosmetic sales would easily cover running costs. Without a doubt.

I just always assumed most mir players want the edge over the other players and cosmetics don't do that, but I could be wrong.

I guess it would need to be a system of cosmetics so:

Mount Skins (so you only get the base tiger / wolf otherwise)
Armour Skins (Both unique and possibly allow transmog scrolls)
Weapon Skins (same as armour)

What other cosmetic style options would interest people, I could do Spell Skins but it could get a bit messy.

Possibly then introduce a wardrobe storage for all your skins.

Also for example, the extra inventory space / adding new inventory, if you can buy it for gold and GG would this be seen as a non cosmetic?
As mounts are under the same principle, you could get a base one for gold, or a fancy one for GG.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Yes inventory space, storage space, mounts, pickup pets, glamours, titles, glows (humeffects) there is plenty of stuff to sell that has no real effect to the game's balance

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
There are quite a few things you can do cosmetically. We have experimented with a few things. The challenge is to get them appealing enough for players to actually buy them. Pay to be pretty works very well in the far east but not so much in the west. Although I think we are moving more towards that, looking at how Fortnite, DOTA2 and LOL have suceeded with their business models.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Yes inventory space, storage space, mounts, pickup pets, glamours, titles, glows (humeffects) there is plenty of stuff to sell that has no real effect to the game's balance

Thanks, definitely going to explore this a lot more instead of what the current GS is, if we do proceed with a second server in the future

There are quite a few things you can do cosmetically. We have experimented with a few things. The challenge is to get them appealing enough for players to actually buy them. Pay to be pretty works very well in the far east but not so much in the west. Although I think we are moving more towards that, looking at how Fortnite, DOTA2 and LOL have suceeded with their business models.

Works with me, I have spent too much on LoL over the years (I won't post my skin total) :eek:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
If you could do it cosmetic only that would be brilliant, but I would say it is a chance to take (all be it welcomed by me) as most of your money surely comes from hard torches and exp pots?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
If you could do it cosmetic only that would be brilliant, but I would say it is a chance to take (all be it welcomed by me) as most of your money surely comes from hard torches and exp pots?

Again, if you're wanting to make a career out of Mir then by all means you will need to sell exp pots and godknowswhatelse. If you want to cover running costs and some pocket money, the stuff I mentioned is adequate.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I always thought small time subs that are optional went down quite well.

5er a month in game shop gives you 20% xp gold drop rate. Increased storage ect you can throw alot of perks in there that isn't game breaking. Even lazy options like 2 to 3 vouchers for kr teles. Non game breaking perks that people would happily part with without upsetting the ones who can't or won't pay a sub.

Could take it a step further and give non tradeable items like arm and wep that would be super for low lvls but drop off making sub people life easier in the boring lvls of 1 to 20 but again people that don't sub come 20 plus are even playing field again. Perk but not game breaking and would bring in donations from thoese wanted to speed through thoese lvls and as an optional catch up mechanic that new comers always ask for

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Could take it a step further and give non tradeable items like arm and wep that would be super for low lvls but drop off making sub people life easier in the boring lvls of 1 to 20

I actually love the early levels and hate it when they have to be rushed. It’s where it all began. Added DC horn rings and a medium armour ... oh my

Reactions: Seanofsmeg

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

I havent had Hard torches and never would, on any server.

Not really tracked who buys what, but I don't need the money from any server, I just don't want to lose money running one :)

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I havent had Hard torches and never would, on any server.

Not really tracked who buys what, but I don't need the money from any server, I just don't want to lose money running one

Yeah agree with u there mate defo wanna at the very least make some pocket money as well as break even to make it worthwhile.

There’s a few things to do cosmetically..

>Armour Skins
>Weapon Glows
>Stronger Torches
>A gold pick up pet (could have many types)
>Mounts
>Hair colours
>Knowledge torches
>Extra bag space

AND a few ideas also il chuck out there..

>A unique sound u make when swinging a weapon

>A unique sound u make when casting a spell

>Crafting bag

>A craft item pick up pet

>A VIP subscription giving u - VIP glowing wings - free tele points - cheaper pots

>Skins for your pick up pets

>”A white flag” (once clicked you are immune from pvp attacks for 1 hour but de activated once u go past floor 1 of any cave) (good for solo casuals just looking to hunt/craft/gather in peace on floor 1 or a province without drama) Also de activates if you attack someone.

>Gender change

>Class change!! (This would be well good)

I could go on.... loads ideas, no idea if they can be implemented.

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Item renaming worked well on previous servers

Yamumslayer or w.e suits your role

I'm guessing titles (hovering over chars with mouse) would sell well, as well as aura's.
+
Get some fortnite dances added in for when you win a pvp

Loaded

@LightBringer class changes are good if levelling is balanced, or the old make a wiz n switch to tao endgame will happen!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
The main issue I see is that a lot of the resources are finite.
It's not like we can just pull a bunch of new mounts or armors from nowhere.

Once you have a dozen armor sets going, there really isn't all that much left.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Well I am currently looking into cosmetics as a sole source of income for a server.

So far what I am looking at is

Additional Character Capacity:
Second Storage Tab
Second Inventory Tab
New Crafting Inventory Tab

Equippables
Knowledge Torches
High Intensity Torches that last [3d/7d] rather than a specific dura
Costumes that overwrite the default image of a weapon/armour (this is one originally would of used to have say 5% EXP/DROP rate on the costumes when equipped) - durations are [7d/30d]
Mount Skins
Transmog Tokens
>> this allows you to transfer (and break) the target weapon for its skin to be used on another item - applicable to Weapons/Armours

Other
Gender Change (Would be added but a cooldown of 1 month before it can be re-used)
Class Change (wouldn't be added early on, and may not be at all)
Gold Pickup Pet
Crafting Pickup Pet
Gold and Crafting Pickup Pet
>The food to keep them sustained, the small quantity would be by gold, the big quantities by GG
Hair Changes

Subscription (Price TBC but for example £6.50)
Gain 500 GG a month
Get a Costume Box a month (the costume lasts 30 days)
Get a 7 Day Torch

After 3 consecutive months
Get a free Gender Change Token
And a Pickup Pet

so far the above ones we have recently discussed, or discussed in the past.
like I said if I do release a v2, as long as I can provide enough cosmetic incentives I would swing to being cosmetic only.

EDIT:
On another note, what would you guys think of EXP Pots being obtainable only by hunt points (points gained when killing bosses)?

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
On another note, what would you guys think of EXP Pots being obtainable only by hunt points (points gained when killing bosses)?
Don't like it. Some don't farm bosses, and some to excess. Feels too much like 'the strong get stronger'.

Mount Skins
I m curious to see what kind of skins you have in mind. Think I've only ever seen 2(?) mounts that aren't in the crystal files.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Don't like it. Some don't farm bosses, and some to excess. Feels too much like 'the strong get stronger'.

I m curious to see what kind of skins you have in mind. Think I've only ever seen 2(?) mounts that aren't in the crystal files.

Working on some ATM so will share with you once they are done :)

Reactions: Chalace