Server Status Listings

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
No no, you misunderstand my point. I haven't done anything for "lomcn", but that's not without trying. I asked you for services in the past and got refused, only for you to go ahead and do it for others.

You asked me back in 2012 about emails but that was long before I started offering it as a service. Nothing personal whatsoever.

And let's be honest, this forum is toxic for me. There's no one on my side here, maybe that's my fault, but having run servers for so long it's only fair that people don't like me for whatever reason they have.

Your comment about stalls is enlightening. I see you clearly respect your mission here on the lomcn. Sweep two of the oldest servers under the rug because you are mildly annoyed by unfounded complaints. Anyone who really cared could log into Arcadia and see how few stalls there actually are. Usually in the teens. I asked our community if I could remove them and they didn't want me to. They find them useful. https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/threads/44509-Stalls-is-it-time-to-remove-them

It is arguably your job to verify those usercount complaints, knuckle down and enforce the truth on the community. The way I see it, I really don't want to be here or to advertise here since there's such little moderation on the truth. A handful of toxic players are allowed to spread lies and undermine any attempt to gain traction here.

Well maybe this is why you don't have anyone on your side here. I tell you I've been defending your usercount despite the fact you cba to come here and do it yourself and your response is...this. It's my job? It's your job. If you ain't interested why should I be? And again, you've never given anything to LOMCN (and I don't just mean that in monetary terms) so I really have no duty to you. In fact of all the servers on the list, I have the least duty to you. You don't even use LOMCN but you wanna be taken into account? Not how it works sorry.

I'm not sweeping any servers under the rug either, that's on you when you chose not to pay the measly £5 p/m.

Personally I think you have missed the mark by a mile in blocking out the user-counts. Maybe I am wrong but I don't see any value in it (hell, someone might actually download RotA now). Unless everyone signs up, what you have done is confused the community and you will lose visits from people coming to see the counts. Take RotA or P69, I am better off by NOT having the counts on there (information that I allowed you to leach from my servers to give the community the information that they want), numbers like that literally say "don't play me". Now they are at least intriguing.

As pointed out, a "?" is probably favourable for the ultra low usercount servers out there. They don't pay to display because it isn't in their interest, therefore they haven't lost out by this feature change. And as mentioned, it could even be a positive for them as potential players seeing an ultra low u/c could well be put off by that. On the other hand, their just a name on a list that doesn't stand out. People who pay still at the top = worthwhile for them.

The real question if you don't want people wasting their time downloading RotA is why do you still keep it online? Don't throw that in my court.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Don't know if this came up on this thread but the servers on the panel are still ordered by their user count even if they have question marks, right? So it still gives some clue of how they are doing. And the top one with the question mark might even have more users than those above it with listed UC I believe.

IMO UC display may have impact only on casual visitors to LOMCN, myself I go mainly by how alive is the forum discussion regarding the particular server when its starting out. Mind you, by the logic of paying to have UC displayed, server owners should also pay something if they get special forum section to discuss their server here. That's also advertising point going their way IMB

It is still somewhat OK (my view) if the server has separate forum but if it shifts mainly to FB, it doesn't exist for me. No idea how many of us here live on those social networks like FB but you won't find me there. By the same token, if a mir server exists without any connection to LOMCN, it also might as well not exist for me and I think its not just me.

To put it diplomatically, there is lots of 'not so good blood' around here but as far as LoM game is concerned, it is 'united we stand, divided we fall' case.

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Don't know if this came up on this thread but the servers on the panel are still ordered by their user count even if they have question marks, right? So it still gives some clue of how they are doing. And the top one with the question mark might even have more users than those above it with listed UC I believe.

It's sorted by u/c and if there's no u/c it's sorted by date/how long it's been live

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
You obviously don't realise but our community is older than lomcn. Our players are loyal, and they return for regular quality updates and events.

I've known your servers been associated with various places such as TFH. Knowing who does play your servers these days there isn't many from those days. Most your current usercount is from your frequent advertising on the main MIR F B group since GP mir went tits up.

I don't actually mind your servers, I think I've played them all. I don't think I would criticise most of your community as most your players now are those that I played with on GP Mir. A few very well known cheats who have cheated on every server they played I would criticise as communitys can do without plastic elitists such as them.

I'll even agree that you do now give regular updates and the majority are ok. It wasn't always like that though as some of the older members of your community will know. Quite often you would go months without even replying to a forum post or addressing serious server issues. You'd make a single post.. giving people hope you was actually commited to your servers when you really wasn't and it was just obviously to generate a few more sales from the regular donators.

Yes you have kept your servers up a long time but you really did neglect them and your "community" quite frequently.

I hope you continue as you are now.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
No no, you misunderstand my point. I haven't done anything for "lomcn", but that's not without trying. I asked you for services in the past and got refused, only for you to go ahead and do it for others. And let's be honest, this forum is toxic for me. There's no one on my side here, maybe that's my fault, but having run servers for so long it's only fair that people don't like me for whatever reason they have.

Your comment about stalls is enlightening. I see you clearly respect your mission here on the lomcn. Sweep two of the oldest servers under the rug because you are mildly annoyed by unfounded complaints. Anyone who really cared could log into Arcadia and see how few stalls there actually are. Usually in the teens. I asked our community if I could remove them and they didn't want me to. They find them useful. https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/threads/44509-Stalls-is-it-time-to-remove-them

It is arguably your job to verify those usercount complaints, knuckle down and enforce the truth on the community. The way I see it, I really don't want to be here or to advertise here since there's such little moderation on the truth. A handful of toxic players are allowed to spread lies and undermine any attempt to gain traction here.

Personally I think you have missed the mark by a mile in blocking out the user-counts. Maybe I am wrong but I don't see any value in it (hell, someone might actually download RotA now). Unless everyone signs up, what you have done is confused the community and you will lose visits from people coming to see the counts. Take RotA or P69, I am better off by NOT having the counts on there (information that I allowed you to leach from my servers to give the community the information that they want), numbers like that literally say "don't play me". Now they are at least intriguing.

I think it is a disservice to the community and is even self harming.

Anyway I meant no offence but I was pretty taken back by the difference in outlook. Happy to be proven wrong, I will re-evaluate at Easter.

You obviously don't realise but our community is older than lomcn. Our players are loyal, and they return for regular quality updates and events.

Try not pricing your books at 30£ per book and actually making them drop and you'd get more respect? And don't even try to deny it lol, Koriban tried to Farm TDB for 6months on P69 without getting it. The amount of times i've tried to play Arcadia but it's literally impossible without paying 200-300£ into basic skills.

Your servers are great but your management skills are dog ****, there people i seen on FB page requesting their password back for months without even a reply.

Also you always ignore when you are asked " why do you not use Auction house from Archon's which is in Arcadia " because you didn't want to see a dip of 20-30 Users from your count. These are just facts.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Your servers are great but your management skills are dog ****, there people i seen on FB page requesting their password back for months without even a reply.

He's not got any better then? I thought he had from his update posts on F B. Ignoring 99% of people for months on end was pretty standard pre-arcadia for scorp as most will remember.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire

This I agree on, I requested account retrieval a long time ago and didn't even get a reply, I once enjoyed P69 but didn't feel like re-creating for the sake of playing a server I'd played before.

Tried Arcadia, got extremely bored very quick even with help from an old friend, a lot of questions I asked my friend ended up being pointed to GameShop only (skills/items)