Server Status Listings

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
So you are part of community here but contributing to some charity is more important to you then contributing to this community? I hope you developed the mir3 files you are serving out yourself.

lomcn helps lomcn , charity helps people in need. mir is a hobby , life isnt. get your head out your ass.

children's hospital in the usa is all donation based and dont charge familys to save the babys lifes. that more important then lomcn.

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Some folks contribute to some local causes where they trust particular pple or are even themselves part of the charitable group, in which case and only in that case, it is OK. Still that proverb about 'shirt and coat' should always apply when it comes to any charity.

You are such an asshole.
Before you judging his decision to contribute to cancer research why you dont first donate to charity and then donate to LOMCN.

Reactions: IceMan

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Some folks contribute to some local causes where they trust particular pple or are even themselves part of the charitable group, in which case and only in that case, it is OK. Still that proverb about 'shirt and coat' should always apply when it comes to any charity.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is a guy who left school with no qualifications, don't be like him please.

Reactions: IceMan

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
So you are part of community here but contributing to some charity is more important to you then contributing to this community? I hope you developed the mir3 files you are serving out yourself.

BTW that thumb down is mine. This forum software is mostly good but in this regard it fails miserably.

He's done more for this community than you will ever do.

Also you're a tard.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Must be a Mir 2 guy, Mir 3 peeps know what I have put in...

And thanks for the comments :) I wasn't meaning to be a dick, its just I host a server for 1 or 2 people and neither is me.. so all it does is cost me electric and a business connection... and replacing the computer once. I don't need the money so any that comes in goes to Charity and if LOMCN was struggling I wouldn't mind helping out, I have been on here for 16 years!

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

And thanks for the comments :) I wasn't meaning to be a dick, its just I host a server for 1 or 2 people and neither is me.. so all it does is cost me electric and a business connection... and replacing the computer once. I don't need the money so any that comes in goes to Charity and if LOMCN was struggling I wouldn't mind helping out, I have been on here for 16 years!

Mir3 Sting will always be on the OG Mir3 Servers from back in the days.

BoomBoom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
String is an example of a server that should be except from paying mainly due to very low user count. Don't see how a server with <10 user peak should have to dish out £5 per month just to get their online count shown.

Maybe code it so once servers hit a certain number they are not shown unless they pay?

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Indeed M2. Two separate universes IMBooks
I guess you don't care about the count but I did put in a word in favor of not charging low count servers.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Wa teh fa? 😂

Sorry but, I have tried to support LomCN over the past 20 years but there's no love for me here. This is just another blow for the broader community.

I only came here to check out what servers are active 😅

• Haha
Reactions: StormHero

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I disagree. I make £0.00 out of the donations but still disagree with the above comments and don't see any issue with this change. Server owners are making money out of their servers and LOMCN is funneling players to them via the feature of displaying both the server status and user count but LOMCN gets no financial reward in return for this advertisement or promotion.

The feature is optional. You still get your server advertised including its status of online or offline.

I don't see how it will impact smaller servers? if your server is good and online people will test it out and continue to play and will be able to see its online via the server list feature with or without a charge.

At the end of the day if LOMCN was had a very small % of the donations from the money donated from players generated from viewing the server list feature i doubt there would of been a need to spice things up a charge for certain features.

Reactions: Tai

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Just renders the whole server status as pointless now imo, the whole point of it was to see how many players were online.
Few months down the line i can see you reverting or hopefully look at alternative ways to generate money for lomcn if you really feel you need it.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Wa teh fa? 😂

Sorry but, I have tried to support LomCN over the past 20 years but there's no love for me here. This is just another blow for the broader community.

No, I don't think you have. The only time you visit is when you have a new server to push.

At least now I don't have to listen to people moan about how much of your u/c is stalls. Which I have defended in the past, btw.

Ciao

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Wa teh fa? 😂

Just wondering how you support lomcn or contribute towards the community? Lets base this over the past 10 years.
You obviously make a fair amount of ££$$ from your servers which only have a playerbase due to people finding out about your server through here & your frequent F B posts.

I don't really get why your being so greedy after what lomcn has done for your servers.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
No, I don't think you have. The only time you visit is when you have a new server to push.

At least now I don't have to listen to people moan about how much of your u/c is stalls. Which I have defended in the past, btw.

Ciao
No no, you misunderstand my point. I haven't done anything for "lomcn", but that's not without trying. I asked you for services in the past and got refused, only for you to go ahead and do it for others. And let's be honest, this forum is toxic for me. There's no one on my side here, maybe that's my fault, but having run servers for so long it's only fair that people don't like me for whatever reason they have.

Your comment about stalls is enlightening. I see you clearly respect your mission here on the lomcn. Sweep two of the oldest servers under the rug because you are mildly annoyed by unfounded complaints. Anyone who really cared could log into Arcadia and see how few stalls there actually are. Usually in the teens. I asked our community if I could remove them and they didn't want me to. They find them useful. https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/threads/44509-Stalls-is-it-time-to-remove-them

It is arguably your job to verify those usercount complaints, knuckle down and enforce the truth on the community. The way I see it, I really don't want to be here or to advertise here since there's such little moderation on the truth. A handful of toxic players are allowed to spread lies and undermine any attempt to gain traction here.

Personally I think you have missed the mark by a mile in blocking out the user-counts. Maybe I am wrong but I don't see any value in it (hell, someone might actually download RotA now). Unless everyone signs up, what you have done is confused the community and you will lose visits from people coming to see the counts. Take RotA or P69, I am better off by NOT having the counts on there (information that I allowed you to leach from my servers to give the community the information that they want), numbers like that literally say "don't play me". Now they are at least intriguing.

I think it is a disservice to the community and is even self harming.

Anyway I meant no offence but I was pretty taken back by the difference in outlook. Happy to be proven wrong, I will re-evaluate at Easter.

Just wondering how you support lomcn or contribute towards the community? Lets base this over the past 10 years.
You obviously make a fair amount of ££$$ from your servers which only have a playerbase due to people finding out about your server through here & your frequent F B posts.

I don't really get why your being so greedy after what lomcn has done for your servers.

You obviously don't realise but our community is older than lomcn. Our players are loyal, and they return for regular quality updates and events.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
No no, you misunderstand my point. I haven't done anything for "lomcn", but that's not without trying. I asked you for services in the past and got refused, only for you to go ahead and do it for others. And let's be honest, this forum is toxic for me. There's no one on my side here, maybe that's my fault, but having run servers for so long it's only fair that people don't like me for whatever reason they have.

Your comment about stalls is enlightening. I see you clearly respect your mission here on the lomcn. Sweep two of the oldest servers under the rug because you are mildly annoyed by unfounded complaints. Anyone who really cared could log into Arcadia and see how few stalls there actually are. Usually in the teens. I asked our community if I could remove them and they didn't want me to. They find them useful. https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/threads/44509-Stalls-is-it-time-to-remove-them

It is arguably your job to verify those usercount complaints, knuckle down and enforce the truth on the community. The way I see it, I really don't want to be here or to advertise here since there's such little moderation on the truth. A handful of toxic players are allowed to spread lies and undermine any attempt to gain traction here.

Personally I think you have missed the mark by a mile in blocking out the user-counts. Maybe I am wrong but I don't see any value in it (hell, someone might actually download RotA now). Unless everyone signs up, what you have done is confused the community and you will lose visits from people coming to see the counts. Take RotA or P69, I am better off by NOT having the counts on there (information that I allowed you to leach from my servers to give the community the information that they want), numbers like that literally say "don't play me". Now they are at least intriguing.

Anyway I meant no offence but I was pretty taken back by the difference in outlook. Happy to be proven wrong, I will re-evaluate at Easter.
from that post... you let maybe 10% of your entire server base decide? But they seem they were happy for it to be removed as long as AH got the updates it desperately needed and the fee's removed? (guess money is a struggle?)

You obviously don't realise but our community is older than lomcn. Our players are loyal, and they return for regular quality updates and events.
never knew this? what was you using before lomcn?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

1. Thats why your players are so desperate reaching other servers discords by posting stupid screens like "wow bro im playing Arcadia look at my 120 Warrior" ?

2. I dont see a reason either to pay for the usercount displaying since any half intelligent human being that finds lomcn can easily be intrigued by "?" and find the main thread of the server.

3. But however, i logged on Arcadia when it had the 120-150 usercount and it was like this : 35 players in main town. rest i dont know.

4. Your forums are pretty stale, small posts by same 5-7 users.

The only one who lost in this case is you, because lomcn was displaying your "big" usercount that was boosted with stalls and whatever you used.

Edit: i dislike the manner lomcn is managed lately, but i give respect to Tai whenever is due.

Last edited:

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
from that post... you let maybe 10% of your entire server base decide? But they seem they were happy for it to be removed as long as AH got the updates it desperately needed and the fee's removed? (guess money is a struggle?)

never knew this? what was you using before lomcn?
Guess what you want. Removing it is one thing, fixing up other systems is another. We have a duty to our players before the likes of people here complaining on the back of petty vendettas.

We used MSRF, and before that we used Game Guru forums like everyone else did until Game Media Networks or whatever had them shut down

1. Thats why your players are so desperate reaching other servers discords by posting stupid screens like "wow bro im playing Arcadia look at my 120 Warrior" ?

2. I dont see a reason either to pay for the usercount displaying since any half intelligent human being that finds lomcn can easily be intrigued by "?" and find the main thread of the server.

3. But however, i logged on Arcadia when it had the 120-150 usercount and it was like this : 35 players in main town. rest i dont know.

4. Your forums are pretty stale, small posts by same 5-7 users.

The only one who lost in this case is you, because lomcn was displaying your "big" usercount that was boosted with stalls and whatever you used.
I don't really know what bee is in your bonnet re Arcadia. Why do you go round stirring **** up? Lets not detract from the original thread (even if Tai did bring it up)
1. I don't get your point. Someone spamming you but that's my fault?
2. K
3. We have something like 16 provinces. You went to one town. Arcadia is huge.
4. I'd say a biased opinion but anyone else can go verify themselves. With old servers, discussion naturally dwindles. As does player activity since there's no longer a sudden race to the top.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Guess what you want. Removing it is one thing, fixing up other systems is another. We have a duty to our players before the likes of people here complaining on the back of petty vendettas.

We used MSRF, and before that we used Game Guru forums like everyone else did until Game Media Networks or whatever had them shut down

I don't really know what bee is in your bonnet re Arcadia. Why do you go round stirring **** up? Lets not detract from the original thread (even if Tai did bring it up)
1. I don't get your point. Someone spamming you but that's my fault?
2. K
3. We have something like 16 provinces. You went to one town. Arcadia is huge.
4. I'd say a biased opinion but anyone else can go verify themselves. With old servers, discussion naturally dwindles. As does player activity since there's no longer a sudden race to the top.

Oh jee, lets use slangs so ppls can see im self educated.

I disagree the manner LOMCN is managed lately, however you cant slate Tai specially when he rejected lots of users requests for putting Arcadia's usercount to "?" when you have tons of stalls and probably 30 active users.

LOMCN lost nothing on this case, probably even won something by no more redirecting active users to a server that had 70% stalls, 30% active users.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Personally, I have utilised LOMCN for self development in many areas for many years; any way to contribute back is a plus to me.

If you aren't bothered about paying for the UC and for it to be displayed, then you don't need to, as like you've said, if anything, in your eyes it will benefit you.
If you are bothered, £5 is nothing for any server, but it makes a difference as its a monthly contribution to a community most of us have taken a lot from.