Server testing (January 12th 6PM -14th 8PM GMT)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I got busy learning how to code the AI etc.

Not sure how a month disappeared haha.
I'll post some updates tomorrow.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
I got busy learning how to code the AI etc.

Not sure how a month disappeared haha.
I'll post some updates tomorrow.

2 days and counting ahahahaha

---------- Post Merged on 03-03-2018 at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 28-02-2018 at 10:34 AM ----------

any update dude ?

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
2 days and counting ahahahaha

---------- Post Merged on 03-03-2018 at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 28-02-2018 at 10:34 AM ----------

any update dude ?
I can't help myself.
If i see something I'm not happy with i have to fix it!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Any ETA on arrival. High hopes :p

I can't give an ETA.
Had limited time to work on it lately, tho I am going through it with a friend when we are free. Testing quest by quest, cave by cave as I add everything.

It's not just a case of throwing in a cave with some mobs to last a few levels and move on to the next. That's not how the server works.
Made a couple of cave maps this week, that's all :(

Reactions: KingCobra92

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
The Hopes of Mir2 rest in Your and Wittin hands... Hopefully 2 great server will come out of it.

High hopes for this.

virusz89

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 26, 2010
btw , u gonna implement energy shield so we can build low life or CI builds? what about the skill tree? gonna be something similar to poe?

keep up the good work

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Ha, i think that would be a bit excessive. A whole additional health system (ES) + damage type to determine penetration etc. Seems unneessary really. Maybe something to think about when i get around to adding elements/race damage types.

There is no skill tree, it felt like an unnecessary complication at this stage. If things pan out and the concepts work OK it's definetely something i would like to add in future.

---------- Post Merged at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:54 PM ----------

As an update type thing:

I am currently working on giving the crafting/profession system some depth. I should be done with it enough over the weekend to get some screenshots up.

Gathering
- Mining - As expected, hit the mine nodes with a pickaxe to get ore/gems etc.
- Gathering - For herbs/mushrooms etc using the harvesting system. (they spawn in varying types across the maps)
- Fishing - Lots and lots of different types, used for cooking/alchemy (Hoping Far can aid in fixing the current issue, kinda needs spot differentiation)
- Logging - Still a WIP but the basic functions are there, hit trees and get logs!

--

These are all recipe based, so you must Buy/find/learn the recipes before you can make each item.

Basic
- Cooking - Obvious, make buff food.
- Alchemy - Make potions/elixirs etc..
- Processing - processing raw materials - ores/logs etc.

Choice (Primary) - Considering only allowing one of these to aid in some form of economy development
- Blacksmithing - Ore basedrecipes, heavy armours / weapons etc
- Tailoring - Cloth and leather based recipes Primerilythe 'caster' type gear
- Jewelcrafting - Jewelery (Rings, amulets, stones etc)

Lots of additional ideas to add new professions etc but this is the basic system I'm aiming to have in place to start.

Hopefully it should end up being a bit more entertaining and involving than simply opening the vendor and buying a few impact drugs each trip to town :)

Progression wise, the actual crafting is done through utilization of the varying trader guilds facilities.
(this will make more sense in-game)

After player housing (yes player housing~) is unlocked you have your own 'house' to place/access a plethora of crafting/information tools. (Player housing is time based so you can not just afk in it)

Hope that tides you over for a few more days.

---------- Post Merged on 16-03-2018 at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 15-03-2018 at 07:20 PM ----------

Edit: A few screenshots for the herbing/alchemy setup.

Alchemy tools (requires building) can be placed in your player housing.

Recipes are obtained numerous ways. Vendor, drops, quests, reputation etc...
Only about 40 recipes atm, but thats plenty to get started.

They are not the best looking skins admittedly but once on the maps, and blended into the scenery they look fine. Also show on the mini-map. Just need to harvest them (Alt + LMB)
uQHJNs.jpg

The actual crafting is pretty much how you would expect.
Basic vendor item vial to sustain a standard cost (incremental) + ingredients.
eCUAgT.jpg

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Ha, i think that would be a bit excessive. A whole additional health system (ES) + damage type to determine penetration etc. Seems unneessary really. Maybe something to think about when i get around to adding elements/race damage types.

There is no skill tree, it felt like an unnecessary complication at this stage. If things pan out and the concepts work OK it's definetely something i would like to add in future.

---------- Post Merged at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:54 PM ----------

As an update type thing:

I am currently working on giving the crafting/profession system some depth. I should be done with it enough over the weekend to get some screenshots up.

Gathering
- Mining - As expected, hit the mine nodes with a pickaxe to get ore/gems etc.
- Gathering - For herbs/mushrooms etc using the harvesting system. (they spawn in varying types across the maps)
- Fishing - Lots and lots of different types, used for cooking/alchemy (Hoping Far can aid in fixing the current issue, kinda needs spot differentiation)
- Logging - Still a WIP but the basic functions are there, hit trees and get logs!

--

These are all recipe based, so you must Buy/find/learn the recipes before you can make each item.

Basic
- Cooking - Obvious, make buff food.
- Alchemy - Make potions/elixirs etc..
- Processing - processing raw materials - ores/logs etc.

Choice (Primary) - Considering only allowing one of these to aid in some form of economy development
- Blacksmithing - Ore basedrecipes, heavy armours / weapons etc
- Tailoring - Cloth and leather based recipes Primerilythe 'caster' type gear
- Jewelcrafting - Jewelery (Rings, amulets, stones etc)

Lots of additional ideas to add new professions etc but this is the basic system I'm aiming to have in place to start.

Hopefully it should end up being a bit more entertaining and involving than simply opening the vendor and buying a few impact drugs each trip to town :)

Progression wise, the actual crafting is done through utilization of the varying trader guilds facilities.
(this will make more sense in-game)

After player housing (yes player housing~) is unlocked you have your own 'house' to place/access a plethora of crafting/information tools. (Player housing is time based so you can not just afk in it)

Hope that tides you over for a few more days.

---------- Post Merged on 16-03-2018 at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 15-03-2018 at 07:20 PM ----------

Edit: A few screenshots for the herbing/alchemy setup.

Alchemy tools (requires building) can be placed in your player housing.

Recipes are obtained numerous ways. Vendor, drops, quests, reputation etc...
Only about 40 recipes atm, but thats plenty to get started.

They are not the best looking skins admittedly but once on the maps, and blended into the scenery they look fine. Also show on the mini-map. Just need to harvest them (Alt + LMB)
uQHJNs.jpg

The actual crafting is pretty much how you would expect.
Basic vendor item vial to sustain a standard cost (incremental) + ingredients.
eCUAgT.jpg

Looks nice i like that a lot, a bit like Arcadia but some effort gone into rather than just merging a normal Pot with a Cherry or something for a X amount of added stats to the pot.

Can't wait for this look promising.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Edit, also toying with adding a garden to the player housing, so you can grow 'stuff' (herbs/food etc) to help those that dont fancy the gathering too much. It wont be fast, but better than nothing.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Enjoying logging the most. On my play files I had started working on a Lumberjack class, which revolved around checks in place to prevent anyone hitting trees except the class itself. Got a few bits working out, then realised how much fiddling about it is to get even one class in, let alone the 4 I wanted. Left it there.

You any closer to letting someone get on and have a nose about?

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Enjoying logging the most. On my play files I had started working on a Lumberjack class, which revolved around checks in place to prevent anyone hitting trees except the class itself. Got a few bits working out, then realised how much fiddling about it is to get even one class in, let alone the 4 I wanted. Left it there.

You any closer to letting someone get on and have a nose about?

Saying the logging was in it's early stages would be polite :)
ATM it's pretty much latched on to the mining system, tho for this stage, being able to hit a tree and get things is all i require from it. (Trying my best not to get sucked into weeks of additional working on stuff that can be tested with a basic implementation)

Progress wise, i have 2 3/4 of the 5 'province' maps done so far. So my plans moving forward are pretty much this:
- Finish sorting the basic professions (As above)
- Add quests to map 4
- Finish making Map 5 (the Oasis map) and get the quests added to it.
- Add/Make an island map - (contemplating just using Prajna tho, as its not all that bad really... hard pressed to make an island feel unique)
- Add in all the profession stuff (Quests etc)

Then thats the 'Starting area' done. Level 1-50'ish - then onto the End-game map system.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Saying the logging was in it's early stages would be polite :)
ATM it's pretty much latched on to the mining system, tho for this stage, being able to hit a tree and get things is all i require from it. (Trying my best not to get sucked into weeks of additional working on stuff that can be tested with a basic implementation)

Progress wise, i have 2 3/4 of the 5 'province' maps done so far. So my plans moving forward are pretty much this:
- Finish sorting the basic professions (As above)
- Add quests to map 4
- Finish making Map 5 (the Oasis map) and get the quests added to it.
- Add/Make an island map - (contemplating just using Prajna tho, as its not all that bad really... hard pressed to make an island feel unique)
- Add in all the profession stuff (Quests etc)

Then thats the 'Starting area' done. Level 1-50'ish - then onto the End-game map system.

Nice mate. Well anything we can do in the mean time let us know.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Thought I'd do a little update on what I've done since.

A decent crafting system was something I deemed a necessity. Maybe it's just personal preference but I've always been one to enjoy them, collect all recipes etc. Most importantly they add substance and direction.

One issue i had was my initial item progression was primerily (4)base sets which are upgraded in stages, this was somewhat limiting in terms of actual crafting potential. So I needed to re-do the servers itemization entirely. Added in a sizeable amount of items to cover progression along side the 'sets'. This was a huge job, and not quite finished yet.

Every item in terms of basic progression is craftable, once you obtain the recipe and materials ofcourse. With the exception of set items and legendaries. Currently about 260 recipes (Tho lots more to come), covering a basic implementation across the board. The majority are combinations of processed raw materials, as expected, tho there are also some sub-materials mixed in.

- Added Carpentry as it made a bit more sense for items like staves, fishing rods/floats. When i add Archer(not for release), bows.
- Cooking makes different buff food - provides the 'Well Fed' buff. Limited to one active at a time.

Haven't yet decided if i want to leave them open-ended or implement some form of skill-rank system.

I think that's pretty much it. I've been working on a few maps on the side for the housing system, which has been a lot of fun. Basically I'm trying to create a housing system by which you progress in building/expansion, this is the fun/easy part. It inevitably needs to be accessible by everyone, as secluded player housing is not something i want, this part is proving little more challenging to get working.

The goal in the regard is to have a personal zone in which you progress in expanding. Social side, have the ability to view and access all of the zones. (Visit another players zone and see their progress)

fCzW6P.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wumatica

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
Does the server designed in this way have the feeling of mir2? I want to know that your design for pvp and the core of mir2 is pk. I hope you don't make the game very complicated.

---------- Post Merged at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Pvp balance needs testing, pve skill damage needs testing,

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
The best decision i made was to simply forgo the PvP balance brick wall, this playstyle simply does not facilitate it well.
PvP in Mir is atrocious, no matter how insistent you want to be in stating otherwise. There is no 'skill' involved.
There will be a wall, just because Mir isn't Mir without one. I have ideas for some fun PvP events but they will also be PvE orientated aswell. (think moba)

Complicated in subjective. I don't see anything I've added to be that complex. It's all concepts weve been playing with for a decade in one form or another.

Yuzu

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
i'd fancy some exciting and rewarding pvp events aslong there is pvp in this server i'd be glad to try it out and play around with it

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
PvP in Mir is atrocious, no matter how insistent you want to be in stating otherwise. There is no 'skill' involved.
There will be a wall, just because Mir isn't Mir without one. I have ideas for some fun PvP events but they will also be PvE orientated aswell. (think moba)

Complicated in subjective. I don't see anything I've added to be that complex. It's all concepts weve been playing with for a decade in one form or another.

I had my PVP planned out like same class arenas only tbh.

Basically, sign up to certain conditions. Same class only, so war vs. war etc. Your characters will be at a set lvl, with set gear regardless so all but player skill is identical. Managed to get something in place to set everything up to be identical, but it was restoring the player back to their original status that I found too daunting. For how much hassle it would be, I genuinely don't think many would use it as .... well tbh, I think most people wouldn't fancy an 'all is equal' fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.