SijoMiR - Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
ok, well whilst we are waiting. Other than Turok Temple.,. where else is there to level? and does any one have the co ords??

---------- Post Merged at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:16 PM ----------

ok, well whilst we are waiting. Other than Turok Temple.,. where else is there to level? and does any one have the co ords??

Does anyone know ??

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Wrong open-beta darkfall 2 wiped everyday for weeks, wipe is allowed in beta.

---------- Post Merged at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I agree with the wipe. Balancing is important for release. Wipe please.

"Generally"

wumatica

RandomHero
Golden Oldie
Nov 21, 2007
To clear up your wipe issue. Theres gonna be one, trust me. ( I have got some good sources. )

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
For all the tards who don't read all the posts and keep asking the same questions about the wipes while crying... READ Tyraes's post

What your seeing is about a month's work of server development in-game right now, bare in mind we're also a small team of developers recreating everything from nothing. The thread started in 2011 but we've transferred files to Ace. Now, bare in mind our mind set is totally custom so we've had to remake all maps again so that the server feels right as you play it as Ace files support 32bit GFX. All of our old maps were designed around our 8bit GFX province. All the work we did a year ago isn't being put into our new server. The province you're seeing in-game took me 16 days to create.

The server will be done properly and we have our minds set on exactly what we want to create. As it's in beta nothing is balanced properly yet until I make an update for that sometime today. In time this will be one cracking server once we get our current content balanced, add a lot more content and then introduce custom features and idea's that we've been wanting to add for ages.

And as for wipes we will not wipe yet but we plan wipe to after we announce that the server will be going live. How long will this take is another question as we want to tweak and balance this server properly but until then our beta will remain open. We'll also be updating the server and have patches every few days which changes, possible new content and more so they'll always be something different to find as we develop more and more.

If you don't like the fact that we are wiping then all I can say is if you want a decent, stable Mir server with a completely new Mir experience that is very balanced economically, statistically and technically then you'll have to either play beta and help contribute to the servers development or wait till we go live.

I'd also like to thank everyone for their support, issue reporting and idea's that they've been giving. Been really nice to receive so much positive feedback.

Tyraes

Now wipe your tears away! and continue enjoying a brilliant server

*NOTE for GMs - add this to your new scrolling message possible*

Enough talk about wipes i think. Play, report, enjoy! OR wait for live.....

Good day.

Last edited:

Mono

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2012
TERA, Rift, World of Warcraft, Legend of Mir

Lol! I can name you thousands if I could be bothered. Do your research before saying such rubbish.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, can't remember.

Tera was wiped at the end of closed and open beta, they allowed a head start for people that pre-ordered but that was capped at level 38.
Rift was wiped at the end of closed and open beta, they allowed people that pre-ordered early access with which there was no wipe.
World of Warcraft wiped in both NA and EU, seeing as I played both from friends and family Alpha I know they wiped.
As for MIR I never played the beta so I couldn't possibly comment.

The only mainstream triple AAA MMO of recent times I can remember that went straight from Open Beta in Live without a wipe was Lineage 2 and its economy never recovered because the few of us that knew the massive exploits completely raped the economy of the servers for all time.

Might want to take your own advice in the future son and do some research of your own before you decide to try and shoot someone down.

Hugs and Kisses.

Last edited:

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
As a team we’ve came to the conclusion that we will be taking SijoMiR out of open beta and shutting the server down whilst we rebalance the content and expand on it. We understand many people will be disappointed by this news but with the current state of the server it only seems the right option for us.

We think many people were expecting 2 years of work from us during our beta phase when in reality we’ve only got 1 month’s work in-game currently. The reasoning behind this is due to transferring from the RubyM2 files to AceM2 back in January which meant we had to make all the new 32bit objects from scratch which took close to 2 months. From then we redesigned the SijoMiR world using the never before used objects which also took some time getting used to. As you can see from playing our still in development server the new objects look great and the maps you can produce really feel alive.

As for our future plans we’ve spent the whole day talking, planning out idea’s and a looking at a new way to approach balancing and expanding our server from what we have learnt over the duration of our beta phase.

As an incentive to anyone who played over the last two days we will give out some welcome back items when we have the next open beta which will hopefully within a few weeks.

Please note that the next beta will be a complete redesign to SijoMiR and everything you’ve seen so far will be different except the maps. We would like to thank everyone who has taken part in our beta phase and we hope to produce a more content filled server for you guys to experience.

Hazuki & Tyraes & ChiliPepper.

SijoMir Server Team.

Zeinzu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2012
well it was a good laugh while the beta was up. hope to see more stuff from you guys soon is looking great! see you all next beta

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
indeed if the last 2 days are any thing to go on server will be fantastic when its ready. cant wait.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
As a team we’ve came to the conclusion that we will be taking SijoMiR out of open beta and shutting the server down whilst we rebalance the content and expand on it. We understand many people will be disappointed by this news but with the current state of the server it only seems the right option for us.

We think many people were expecting 2 years of work from us during our beta phase when in reality we’ve only got 1 month’s work in-game currently. The reasoning behind this is due to transferring from the RubyM2 files to AceM2 back in January which meant we had to make all the new 32bit objects from scratch which took close to 2 months. From then we redesigned the SijoMiR world using the never before used objects which also took some time getting used to. As you can see from playing our still in development server the new objects look great and the maps you can produce really feel alive.

As for our future plans we’ve spent the whole day talking, planning out idea’s and a looking at a new way to approach balancing and expanding our server from what we have learnt over the duration of our beta phase.

As an incentive to anyone who played over the last two days we will give out some welcome back items when we have the next open beta which will hopefully within a few weeks.

Please note that the next beta will be a complete redesign to SijoMiR and everything you’ve seen so far will be different except the maps. We would like to thank everyone who has taken part in our beta phase and we hope to produce a more content filled server for you guys to experience.

Hazuki & Tyraes & ChiliPepper.

SijoMir Server Team.
going from WoW model ?i've played MoP beta with the 1 year thingy, and i tested out loads of quests and when they released it in the first map almost everything was different

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
Primo. Was good hunting with you last night! Will have to wait until next beta. Remember the name ;)

scx0r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2005
I feel slightly responsible :) But also very happy if any of my ideas are considered.

I appear to have a little more insight (doing my research) about the state of AceM2 and understand and respect the amount of work gone into translation, features, removal of crap (yeah there must of been a lot of Chinese crap to get rid of) and the level of work / detail gone into the maps themselves, balancing an entirely new envir etc. So I wouldn't moan one ****ing bit about the level of work of both acem2 and sijomir, my only wish is that I was hoping it would be completely new in all aspects (like Jamies C-Mir), however I appreciate the level of work into a client/server is unprecedented amount of work for a small team, I speak to GameOfMir Chinese developers who are writing a Delphi-clone in C sharp of M2Server and the gates, which work well however it is much to my shame that even these guys don't work on a C sharp client for Mir2.

Here are my ideas which I have proposed to Tyraes:

- Item scarcity (Items will not be available in shops by default, requiring players to sell items to the shop! based on their own Thoughts reflected by the state of the economy , availability, and rarity of that item, lvl, and stats).

- Unknown stats on items (This breaks the economy at this CURRENT time because there is no way to reveal the stats!) are sold to the shops, causing a problem with' what is rare and what isn't ' since these items are useless and must be sold at this time that's not a good thing at all - rework / remove/ or fix this / or revert back to added stats on items like grand mir.

- wipes are essential to This project, it is my understanding that WE must appreciate exclusive open-beta access to the servers to enjoy, input our opinion and suggestions, our criticism negative or positive should be embraced to empower and build on an influential aspect to a new Mir, this Mir is the work of everyone's contribution with wisdom, enjoyment, and vision of a Mir we can enjoy in a refreshingly new setting, do we really want to lvl 0 to 60 at 8x exp, 3x drop rates, with all the items in the shop, the same dungeons, same game, same boring interface, same boring features, same boring GM's trying to run the game again while handing out Item's / Level's / Gold to friends.

- Events should be VERY strict... In old euro mir, events weren't a regular occurrence and this appreciated and also we became ready and available for the event to start, no spur of the moment Event's dropping Gale sets, teleport rings and so forth... for the sake of the game NO!. One exclusive item in a super beast (of any mob) sounds like a good event to me... the item would bear meaning (be available to 3 different classes wiz/tao/war) by that of exclusive stats ( of the minimum stat boost preferably ) for example a mir 2 ruby ring is 0-4, while my suggestion is a ring of 4-4, this would replace the ruby ring for anyone who had one... it would also represent the takedown of the beast (Which we rarely see but when we do it signifies true epic ability to take such a thing down, either as a group , guild, but certainly not solo unless he got the target 1st, damn TAO poison! but let me respect the fact that PK is enabled, and PK'ing this n00b could possibly be the way to ensure the item never REALLY got taken by a solo playeR!)

- PK System is interesting because in old mir, you had a pk village, you went red, and were banished from the usual towns, you would hide from yellow or white players clearly because it is at no penalty to them to kill you. HOWEVER what I see in most mir 2 servers is lack of 'award' for killing players and so I believe that to justify this system a reward of the player body items a high chance of dropping 1 at least would be great, and all of the bag items. (If i had it my way I'd say full loot, but as you guys play WoW these days I wouldn't think anyone could handle Full loot, i can though, see darkfall for a full loot pvp modern day game).

Anyway, I like to see what the future of sijomir brings, thanks again guys.

In-game name - Claire , wiz

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
Squatts - yes looking forward to it.

scx0r - definately we need lower drop rates working item identification and a low exp rate. the pk system needs to punish pkers but at the same time i think make it still worth the punishment if ya know what i meen. needs a fine balance otherwise u end up everyone pking due to no consequence or no1 pking because the penalties are too hard. need good and bad roles. i like the full loot idea. i remember way back when spending hours and hours in mongchon library burning pk points lol.

scx0r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2005
Squatts - yes looking forward to it.

scx0r - definately we need lower drop rates working item identification and a low exp rate. the pk system needs to punish pkers but at the same time i think make it still worth the punishment if ya know what i meen. needs a fine balance otherwise u end up everyone pking due to no consequence or no1 pking because the penalties are too hard. need good and bad roles. i like the full loot idea. i remember way back when spending hours and hours in mongchon library burning pk points lol.

People are not ready to go back to UO Full Loot.

But yeah I believe item scarcity and I THINK no items in shops (until player sell items to shop) is coming my other ideas are dreams mate lol.

Mono

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2012
People are not ready to go back to UO Full Loot.

But yeah I believe item scarcity and I THINK no items in shops (until player sell items to shop) is coming my other ideas are dreams mate lol.

After playing Darkfall for the past 3½ years, I could live with full loot :)

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
I agree that some loot should fall if you die when you are RED. Not ALL.. this way the player who is RED one the 1st try who died dropped 2-3 items (rings helm or bracelet) But still has his wep left on him and wants to risk this as well.. tried to make it into town but dies... so loses his wep. Then decides to burn pk points.

Not full loot because who in their right might is going to do stuff when they are RED with a half decent full kit on? No one. However, if there is a RISK you might not drop items..... then lower this risk so people take more chances. Unless this is in-game already (where it says CREDITS under stats) there should be some sort of point system for being good

I agree that CERTAIN items (over level 22) should not appear in shops by default. Everything under lvl 22 (apart from the usual rares that ain't in shops by default already like recovery ring/medium armour/ special rings/ sets etc) should appear in shops (this includes spells up to lvl 22).

And one last thing... I noticed a small glitch... If you go behind the training house, but are inside the banner.. then click the minimap to auto run you somewhere... there's a way through the banner (about mid way). You just run through the banner lol, as if there wasn't a banner there. Try it and let me know! :)

These are my opinions anyway as a dedicated mir lover ;)

Chaiyns

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2013
It was great getting to play over the weekend! Very promising stuff! Keep at it and I am very excited to see the changes when it reopens :)

Cept Tyraes killing my brother and I repeatedly with bouncy Tao spells (GM OP need nerf :lol)

- Chaiyns (Arkra)