Some maps

smoochy boys on tour

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
As i been helping far with his project to give mir3 an map editor, i been messing around making maps, now i kinda only enjoy making pvp maps like battleground but of course you need the code to make them work like capture the flag donination etc. someone might make use of this maps.

ill try put some screen and explain what i was thinking when i made these maps as some people may only want 1 out of them all.

I have left some out witch i have not fully complate i will get around to them and release them just incase someone wants to use.

Battleground 1 - each players starts inside the building for example when blue exit they capture there flag in there own base. Then they move into centre to capture the middle flag once blue team capture the middle they can move to capture the enemy base flag. once blue can have all 3 flags then then can entre the orange base(building) were they will have to fight an NPC that will only attack blue. the two side camps is were dead players respond.
1650899740039.png

Battleground 3 - This map has 4 bases were both teams will try capture and hold to earn points. Stables - Mines - Docks - Farm. Each base rewards X amount of points once one team reachs X amount they win, The two bases(tents) is were players start and respond after death

1650900243078.png

Battleground 4 - Capture one flag in middle Docks. players start on left and right islands and fight for flag in middle, the idea here was catpure the flag and return it to there base. 1650900552854.png

Battleground 6 - this was an larage pvp map, two walls kind of sabuk vs taosung style, at first the idea around this was capture flag and move back to own base but im sure there is better ideas for this.

1650900789411.png

Battleground 7 - Simple catpure the flap
1650900891385.png

Battleground 8 - Could be another capture the flag or donination
1650900980559.png

Nm9CoyP.png

zi1kcEG.png

TaoSungMap

Battleground2

Attachments

• battleground1.rar
    41.5 KB · Views: 27
  • battleground3.rar
    89.4 KB · Views: 22
  • battleground4.rar
    45.5 KB · Views: 20
  • battleground6.rar
    83.1 KB · Views: 22
  • battleground7.rar
    42.5 KB · Views: 19
  • battleground8.rar
    11.3 KB · Views: 24

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Indeed, fingers crossed it will be ready soon so lots can make maps
Don't hold your breath though or we lose one of the last, if not the last, stalwarts interested in map making ;)

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I wish there was a way to automatically build them. But creating objects is literally a tile by tile process of rebuilding each image. If it was a program we'd have been done months ago.

But once all objects are built, checked, and tagged up, then they'll be released with the map editor.

Reactions: ventus and wumatica

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I wish there was a way to automatically build them. But creating objects is literally a tile by tile process of rebuilding each image. If it was a program we'd have been done months ago.

But once all objects are built, checked, and tagged up, then they'll be released with the map editor.
Mir2 was lucky upto 2.3 they'd built all objects and released in the mir2.set.. i do wonder why it was even there, and why it never got updated though 🤔

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I take it you talk about building up objects not found on maps, only in libraries?

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Fusion or you, you said building tile by tile, Fusion by hand.

I thought if taking objects from maps, you had that automatic tile selection that would select tiles in sequence... probably works like OCR, that is, makes many mistakes which can't be avoided.

OxxpqxxO

Dentity
Veteran
Oct 25, 2012

Do you guys need help building them? I do have some experience from Crystal map editor.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Fusion or you, you said building tile by tile, Fusion by hand.

I thought if taking objects from maps, you had that automatic tile selection that would select tiles in sequence... probably works like OCR, that is, makes many mistakes which can't be avoided.
No the auto tile selector is okay big objects now and then, but if you do it that way you have no way to know if you've got all of them in the library.

The only way has been to go through each library individually, and rebuild every object tile by tile.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Do you guys need help building them? I do have some experience from Crystal map editor.
That's okay, there's only a couple of libraries left to rebuild, and we've done so many that it's become a very simple (but long) process.

Reactions: OxxpqxxO

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
No the auto tile selector is okay big objects now and then, but if you do it that way you have no way to know if you've got all of them in the library.

The only way has been to go through each library individually, and rebuild every object tile by tile.

That is one tough job. When I tried to assemble a whole map (Shanda mir2 has plenty of such maps cut into smtiles), I dreamed of a program that you would input in a # of tiles in a column and it would put tiles on map for you, column by column... But that wouldn't work for objects since the number or tiles per each column varies. Also wouldn't work for those image strips of varying height.

But for those objects or maps that are cut up into smtiles, it would be handy to have a script or something that in a single key press, it would select next tile and place it in next coordinate. Or better, after you mouse clicked to place a tile, next tile would be ready automatically at the mouse tip for placing on next click. Thing is, if you do this selection and placing on map manually many times in succession and you try to be fast, eventually you click before you select next tile...
The tile sequence typically goes vertically down, column by column to the right, either for object or a whole map.

For larger objects that have tens of tiles per column, you could even specify how many tiles it should place in one key press. Could use num keypad where each number would put down that many tiles in one go and judge object by object how many you would place in one click. You would only need to correct the bottom column ending in case of overflow.

Last edited: