Star Citizen Free to play

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Not sure if anyone here is into space sims or knows about Star Citizen but its free to play for a week as of tomorrow as its fleet week in game :)

jus make and account here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

if you decide you like it and want to pledge please use my Refurel code STAR-9ZNF-9Q69 and you will get 5k free ingame credits please make sure you buy a STARTER PACK so you get the full game and not just a standalone ship.

Feel free to add me up on there to my Handle is Adzz

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
Please for the love of god stop giving this company money.

It's how far behind at this point?

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006

I backed it in 2014 under the understanding that it would be out in a year maybe 2......
Just went to the website and was looking through all the ships....really impressive looking
Cant wait to play....
then I saw "buying options" cool can see how much the ships cost...are they priced outside of what a casual gamer can afford?

1590143003098.png

the answer is yes they are....... thats £297.60 for an in game ship.....real money....now this may be the most expensive, it just happened to be the ship i was looking at.

While people are buying these what incentive do they have to release the game?

Microtransactions on the whole are doing real harm to gaming (in my opinion) but this is just greed pure and simple. They will not get another penny from me.

*edit...just noticed...6 months of insurance...so you could spend nearly 300 quid on a ship and in 6 months you could lose it o.O

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
That ship is not even close to being the most expensive one.

6XIMpmU.png

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
You dont have to buy from the pledge store after you get your initial game package they do sell all the ships in game for ingame credits to
Post automatically merged:

This is a ridicouls comment tbh before jumping on the bandwagon maybe look into how far the project has come this isnt some indi game thats kncoked up in a year watch this
its the last update video thing they did its pretty informative what people need to understand is this is a very very ambitious thing they started and just how far it has come

Last edited:

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
You dont have to buy from the pledge store after you get your initial game package they do sell all the ships in game for ingame credits to

This is a ridicouls comment tbh before jumping on the bandwagon maybe look into how far the project has come this isnt some indi game thats kncoked up in a year watch this
its the last update video thing they did its pretty informative what people need to understand is this is a very very ambitious thing they started and just how far it has come

I work in this industry. I am well aware of the requirements needed to go through the stages of a project.

However this is a project that was promised years ago (2014) and has undergone fundamental changes in that time including a complete
A project that still openly takes money for what is essentially a massive alpha for a completely untested engine for a game of this scale.

A switch half way through from CryEngine to Lumberyard (Amazon) screams of massive side payments along with the countless rounds of external investment they have accepted.

So no this is not "jumping on the bandwagon". This is industry information and a massively shared concern from a lot of people.

Reactions: mrgreaper

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
This is a ridicouls comment tbh before jumping on the bandwagon maybe look into how far the project has come this isnt some indi game thats kncoked up in a year

It's people like you that deserve to be ripped off lol.

But unfortunately, allowing you and others like you to be ripped off ultimately damages the gaming industry which is quite frankly in a fking state because of trash like this, amongst other things.

That price list may as well be a list of holiday destinations you want to send the decision makers of the company to...that's all your money is amounting to, if you think you will get any decent game by the end of this, especially after 6 years, you need to pull your head out the clouds lol.

The only people they are fooling are the ones stupid enough to back such a project to begin with...who the fk backs an MMO production, I mean seriously lol, that particular fact alone should steer you off...a company who can't even produce the funds to create it to begin with will never succeed...there is no bandwagon to jump onto here...it's just common sense.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I work in this industry. I am well aware of the requirements needed to go through the stages of a project.

However this is a project that was promised years ago (2014) and has undergone fundamental changes in that time including a complete
A project that still openly takes money for what is essentially a massive alpha for a completely untested engine for a game of this scale.

A switch half way through from CryEngine to Lumberyard (Amazon) screams of massive side payments along with the countless rounds of external investment they have accepted.

So no this is not "jumping on the bandwagon". This is industry information and a massively shared concern from a lot of people.

But Lumberyard is based on CryEngine so I don't think the effort was that big. They probably got money from Amazon in exchange for a little work and a lot of advertisement for the engine.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
It's people like you that deserve to be ripped off lol.

But unfortunately, allowing you and others like you to be ripped off ultimately damages the gaming industry which is quite frankly in a fking state because of trash like this, amongst other things.

That price list may as well be a list of holiday destinations you want to send the decision makers of the company to...that's all your money is amounting to, if you think you will get any decent game by the end of this, especially after 6 years, you need to pull your head out the clouds lol.

The only people they are fooling are the ones stupid enough to back such a project to begin with...who the fk backs an MMO production, I mean seriously lol, that particular fact alone should steer you off...a company who can't even produce the funds to create it to begin with will never succeed...there is no bandwagon to jump onto here...it's just common sense.
All i ever see you post on here is negative bullshit pottsy do you need a hug? i get your defending your pal but seriously do one you complete and utter wet wipe lol

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
But Lumberyard is based on CryEngine so I don't think the effort was that big. They probably got money from Amazon in exchange for a little work and a lot of advertisement for the engine.

Indeed it is.

Sadly it has seemed like a complete step backwards and has a very minimal adoption rate.

Cryengine in itself has lost a ridiculous amount of traction with the ease of access of both Unity as the primary C# Engine and UE4 as the primary C++ engine.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
All i ever see you post on here is negative bullshit pottsy do you need a hug? i get your defending your pal but seriously do one you complete and utter wet wipe lol

So...you think the gaming industry is in a good position do you? Saturated by these companies taking millions to produce nothing. Triple A companies with their "surprise mechanics" and releasing map packs as full priced DLC game additions?

No one is defending anyone...as I said, it's common sense just by looking around...I realise you have no common sense, but open your eyes at least a fraction and you might save yourself some money and do something positive for the industry to give us games worth playing, instead of the over-hyped tripe you seem to be drooling over that has the audacity to even attempt to sell a fking spaceship for $3000!

Last edited: