LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar

Came across this, thought id share

Whats everyone thinking about this?
Have anyone bought or used?
If so, do you recommend?

Windows 11 installed on small device that can travel without needing a PC or anything, Mir on the go? lol

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Got a friend from work that has it, can even emulate Nintendo switch games on it. Really good hardware in it tbh.

Reactions: Xzoviac

James

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2010
Actual cracking bit of kit to be honest, I've been watching these since development and they're highly impressive for the size.
I really should buy one now they've been released for a bit

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Been wanting one for a while.
But I know it'll just end up on the gadgets I never use pile.
Come hear to see if anyone had one and their thoughts.

I bought one the other day. So I was right... I would end up getting one.
Soon see if it ends up in the pile.

Tbh so far I'm really liking it. I've probably spent more time fiddling with it than play games.

Swapped out the original SSD for a 1TB
Installed GOG Launcher
Installed PS Plus
Had a problem when playing games and it would crash after minutes of playing.
Swapped old SSD back, same issue so swapped the 1TB back in.
Re-flashed it twice.

Good news is I have managed to get it working (Or so it seems!)

Been playing Cyberpunk 2077 - Had to lower the graphics etc but still looks really good. Little "jitters" here and there but a few more tweaks I'm hoping it'll play much better.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I got one back in August and paid £279.00, must have been some sort of offer, but I sent it back as the sides weren't aligned properly, well pissed me off lol, but I did the same and upgraded the 64GB to a 1TB, it felt ok to play on and was pretty solid,

@Skyline your side bits seem aligned properly?

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
I have one its really powerful for its cost and size, i use it as an emulator runs game cube ps1 ps2 64 gba with no problems

I dunno how it would do with mir keybinding wise but it could work

Reactions: Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I have one its really powerful for its cost and size, i use it as an emulator runs game cube ps1 ps2 64 gba with no problems

I dunno how it would do with mir keybinding wise but it could work
Crystal works on Linux so maybe with a new client version with touch screen adjustments it could lead to this becoming a new option to play.

Reactions: Xzoviac

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
Had one. Installed windows played few emulators ended up sitting on the side for few months mate said about buying one so flogged it

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I've thought about a handheld for a while, but I'm glad I waited out a few year as there's much better options now.

Though expensive, if I were to spend the money I'd opt for either the ROG Ally, or Lenovo Legion. ROG Ally has the nice option of using an external GPU via it's PCIE, but the Lenovo is the most powerful of the two in handheld mode.

All great options if you travel a lot though.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Going away for a bit soon, and kinda wish i had it to even just play some shitters, not sure what games if any my laptop can run haha

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Going away for a bit soon, and kinda wish i had it to even just play some shitters, not sure what games if any my laptop can run haha
Ideal for these situations.

I'm travelling from the North East down to our London office for a few days next month, and something like that would be ideal! Recently bought a gaming laptop, but its not exactly practical on multiple trains or whatever.

Reactions: Martyn

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
i was just recently in hospital for 2 months (only came home 3 weeks ago.
My wife got me a steam deck for an early christmas pressy. It was the only thing keeping me sane to be honest. It is an amazing bit of kit i only got the 256 gig one as i also got a 500 gig micro sd card and i also have now put a 2 TB drive in it.
It so far runs everything i have thrown at it really well. Games like God of war. Evil west. Remanant 2, snow runner. farming sim22. Euro truck sim2. And loads more.
They have got this so well tuned its amazing. I am now going to start installing a bunch of my none steam games on it too. I cant reccomend this thing enough. Although its a small screen once you are immersed in a good game you forget all that.
Although coming home to my 43 inch smart monitors was weird my eyes didnt know where to look lol.

Would reccomend if you are looking for a hand held althoug it is much heavyer than the switch but it is way better

Reactions: Martyn

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Really enjoying Assassin's Creed Black Flag on mine currently.

Ideal for me as I can just pick up and play for half hour whilst on the sofa with the little one.