Sting3G - 3.55 Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
Drivers related error.

When I had it I changed drivers and mir worked.

My friend who had similar said he changed some advanced settings in monitor properties.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Hi All,

PSU has failed on the server. I have ordered a new PC (£40 lol!) which will be delivered on Wednesday. Server will be offline till then :( Sorry

Reactions: Tai

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Hi All, the server is now live again I hope, its been a few years since I have set it up from scratch, so lets hope so :)

Sorry Vagrant, I have no clue programming in C so I couldn't do much other than turn the server on, and I already have a server that does that.

Mezza

LOMCN n00bie
May 2, 2020
Can't even download client. Gets to 26mb out of like 800mb and esitmated time flies up and then just stops. Not my PC or internet.

Running windows 10 if that helps.

Mezza

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Can't even download client. Gets to 26mb out of like 800mb and esitmated time flies up and then just stops. Not my PC or internet.

Running windows 10 if that helps.

Mezza

I just downloaded it. The download didn't stop but the download speed dropped several times to 100-200kbps from 8Mb. Maybe that's when it stops for you. You should be able to resume the download from where it failed anyway. If your browser doesn't support resuming downloads, try a download manager like Free Download Manager or Internet Download Manager (I think I used one of those back when I had Windows installed).

Mezza

LOMCN n00bie
May 2, 2020
I just downloaded it. The download didn't stop but the download speed dropped several times to 100-200kbps from 8Mb. Maybe that's when it stops for you. You should be able to resume the download from where it failed anyway. If your browser doesn't support resuming downloads, try a download manager like Free Download Manager or Internet Download Manager (I think I used one of those back when I had Windows installed).

Hi Could you tell me how best to fix the resolution on windows 10, i have managed to download it but only loads in a fairly small screen and when the client is open most of it is pink etc and half the screen is filled ? how to fix?

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Hi Could you tell me how best to fix the resolution on windows 10, i have managed to download it but only loads in a fairly small screen and when the client is open most of it is pink etc and half the screen is filled ? how to fix?

I don't know if you can scale the resolution. The problem with 3.55 files is that you're stuck at 800x600 with an old DirectX. There's a DX wrapper that kind of works and solves some compatibility issues.

I use a VM with Windows XP to play and I scale it from the Virtual Box settings to 150%. It doesn't require more than 1 or 2 gigs of RAM and it works like it used to. If you want I can upload my XP box so you can just plug it in and play.

Mezza

LOMCN n00bie
May 2, 2020
I don't know if you can scale the resolution. The problem with 3.55 files is that you're stuck at 800x600 with an old DirectX. There's a DX wrapper that kind of works and solves some compatibility issues.

I use a VM with Windows XP to play and I scale it from the Virtual Box settings to 150%. It doesn't require more than 1 or 2 gigs of RAM and it works like it used to. If you want I can upload my XP box so you can just plug it in and play.

I'd be grateful :)

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I'd be grateful :)

When you create a new VM, there's a step where you create a new virtual disk for it. Instead of creating a new one, select "Use an existing virtual hard disk file" and select the .vdi file that comes in that zip.

It's a clean XP installation with only Firefox and Pspice installed (I needed it for uni).