Story's of Mir

smoochy boys on tour

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I used to group up with another warrios in bug cave, connection caves for hours and hours. I mean, the amount of time and effort we put into it lol, and for such little reward in theory, it's a shame people want it so easy now :p
The good old days when mir was a true grind.
Getting 5 Black Maggots and hitting up ST solo, grinding boar after boar.

I'd even take my pets to OmaCave to level them up max level. That'd take a good while to do!

Reactions: Martyn

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I remember on P-server watching Nasserialdan or something PK'ing, and my brother was looking over my shoulder.

Nass was yellow, and he was pking, my brother and i both clocked it the fatesword was on, WSB in bag. & he was going to go red. i got pushed out way, and my brother took over, we are waiting boom, Nass went red, and my brother swooped in got WSB ran into bookstore and logged.

I then stupidly sold it for a Scythe, a MC2 Magic Brace & some other bits i think as nobody would touch it, eventually i ended up with a recall set and recall PK'ed people on PI using Toxic and Ronin Ghouls

Miss the old days, don't get same vibe on new servers.

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
Want the first Dss sold for 2k real money.?
Also 1 ova thing I was ment to be paying from lvl 11 ? I managed to get to 25 before I even had to pay to play mir

Last edited by a moderator:

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Want the first Dss sold for 2k real money.?
Also 1 ova thing I was ment to be paying from lvl 11 ? I managed to get to 25 before I even had to pay to play mir
They were merciful with you then. What year did you start?

At 21, we all then had to pay to play.

22 and then could get out of that noob armour. They made the players look so young!

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
I downloaded it the fist 6 months it came out deleted it playd it a year later Im must of bin 11 when I playd properly long time ago I just hit 35 in real age have not playd Mir since Izar alphaomega ages

LoL here is the story when I playd it the first time around I was a wizzard pkd a lvl 7 went to red pk world after a hour i deleted it that's were I went wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
I've got another story which happened on Euro.

D server would go down. As a result, everyone would play P server and all enemies would be rioting with each other on D server. Transfer of fights to the other server from D.

I remember one guy from D server impersonated a level 50+ player, trying to heckle me on P server. Got him owned bad in the end and my friend gave him a right hammering for it.

Last edited:

Destroyer1987

Racoon
Dedicated Member
Feb 15, 2013
In The Shadows
On D server while it went down, somehow myself (the ex) and our guild leader Sexy9838 or something was only ones in guild online, amoungst a couple of players. We went around seeing what boss’s we could kill.

Then when Ben was robbed, stood in bw storage naked. I gave him a shitty wiz wep, then ended up playing another game with him.

Hitting 40 on my war ShadowTouch after endless months in pb.

Doing my first EM run with my guild, while I just reached lvl 33 I think, so I was a pot runner. Till the point I threw my pots on the floor, to realise they were all Medium bundles lol.

• Haha
Reactions: PoPcOrN

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
They were merciful with you then. What year did you start?

At 21, we all then had to pay to play.

22 and then could get out of that noob armour. They made the players look so young!

I think when you reached the level where paying started, if you stayed logged on and played, you could reach higher levels free but as soon as you logged off, you couldn't log back on unless you paid.

I think back in 2001 it was lev7 when sub kicked in but was later raised. Also I think you could only have one char on acct to play (could be war, wiz or tao), only later you could have three chars made on one acct. Maybe someone can confirm it?

You could play all three to just bellow paid level but as soon as one of them reach paid level, you couldn't log on unless paid the sub.

BTW when GN mir closed doors and we could claim advanced sub (you got some discount if you subbed for several months ahead), I put it off for some time and then tried to claim refund for some $80 CAD but never heard back...

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
@Mampi saying if i gave him my armor / wep he would take me levelling. He sold it to shop and left me in BW naked and poor. Had to go chestnut hunting to get gear. (I was like lvl 22 wizz while he was 33+ so it was just 22 arm and hooked spear and i also joined ~PK~ later on haha)

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
On D server while it went down, somehow myself (the ex) and our guild leader Sexy9838 or something was only ones in guild online, amoungst a couple of players. We went around seeing what boss’s we could kill.

Then when Ben was robbed, stood in bw storage naked. I gave him a shitty wiz wep, then ended up playing another game with him.

Hitting 40 on my war ShadowTouch after endless months in pb.

Doing my first EM run with my guild, while I just reached lvl 33 I think, so I was a pot runner. Till the point I threw my pots on the floor, to realise they were all Medium bundles lol.
Wasn't it 2006 or 2007 that he was robbed?

I remember being messaged advising he was hacked.

I was amazed how my man stole a dss from one of his and fled.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
@Mampi saying if i gave him my armor / wep he would take me levelling. He sold it to shop and left me in BW naked and poor. Had to go chestnut hunting to get gear. (I was like lvl 22 wizz while he was 33+ so it was just 22 arm and hooked spear and i also joined ~PK~ later on haha)
Haha I remember going TSing with Mampi in HwanMaJin quite often and pretty every single time someone walked by he would immediatley chase them down for PK leaving me in the middle of a huge lure XD funny times

I think when you reached the level where paying started, if you stayed logged on and played, you could reach higher levels free but as soon as you logged off, you couldn't log back on unless you paid.

I think back in 2001 it was lev7 when sub kicked in but was later raised. Also I think you could only have one char on acct to play (could be war, wiz or tao), only later you could have three chars made on one acct. Maybe someone can confirm it?

You could play all three to just bellow paid level but as soon as one of them reach paid level, you couldn't log on unless paid the sub.

BTW when GN mir closed doors and we could claim advanced sub (you got some discount if you subbed for several months ahead), I put it off for some time and then tried to claim refund for some $80 CAD but never heard back...
They upped it from level 7 to level 20, any characters over the 'free' level couldnt be played but the others could. I only remember being able to make two characters per account though!

Funny fact, even after logging in as a GM on official, you still needed an active sub to go over level 20!

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
They upped it from level 7 to level 20, any characters over the 'free' level couldnt be played but the others could. I only remember being able to make two characters per account though!
my storage characters were some of the best kitted level 20's haha tele rings para rings -.-

• Haha
Reactions: Chriz

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

Pretty sure you could have 2 chars per account from the off.
I shared an account with my Mum, as I was only about 13/14 I had no way of paying the sub. So she paid and we used the same account.

Reactions: mir2pion

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
my storage characters were some of the best kitted level 20's haha tele rings para rings -.-
I remember how good it was to have storage characters when your own storage would run out.

I used mining characters to make cash when my account was expired until I could renew so I would still be on.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I shared an account with my Mum, as I was only about 13/14 I had no way of paying the sub. So she paid and we used the same account.
You know, there was a way to login to both characters on one account, meaning you could get away with one sub; but the problem was, as soon as one logged out/lagged out the other would be booted too. You had to log two pc's into the select char screen - then once both are ready press start for each character on each pc :D
I remember how good it was to have storage characters when your own storage would run out.

I used mining characters to make cash when my account was expired until I could renew so I would still be on.
I guess I wasnt the only one saving my dinner money for my splash plastic :D

I had some pretty nicley kitted level 20's too haha

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
You know, there was a way to login to both characters on one account, meaning you could get away with one sub; but the problem was, as soon as one logged out/lagged out the other would be booted too. You had to log two pc's into the select char screen - then once both are ready press start for each character on each pc :D

I guess I wasnt the only one saving my dinner money for my splash plastic :D

I had some pretty nicley kitted level 20's too haha
Haha yeah I remember that. We only had the one PC in the house though, so wasn't needed.
Luckily as I got older my Mum had stopped playing!
Splashtastic was the saviour.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
In mir early days I remember some pple thought mining would increase the mine floor space, that would be neat if that could be implemented.

In later years, there was also floating around the idea (for some upcoming patch) that WT maps would change maze layout after each nightfall, it would toggle two map sets, one for daytime, another for nighttime. That must have had some base in a rumor from our mir staff or someone explored korean mir, webpages or the game.

I recalled this when I was sorting maps, there are such alt maze maps for WT, they are the same except on the second set some passages are blocked and others opened which totally changes the route. However since most pple RT through there on route to KR, it wouldn't make much any difference to them and those who level on the maps might notice it but is would have zero impact on their hunt. Maps would need to be 'no RT' for it to have an effect, also no bigmap.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
all about splash plastic, used to live right next door toa shop, that didn't do it, had to walk about 10 minutes up the road and back to get a top up, unacceptable I think!

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
all about splash plastic, used to live right next door toa shop, that didn't do it, had to walk about 10 minutes up the road and back to get a top up, unacceptable I think!
It was a 2 minute walk from where I lived.

Bless you with that walk. I'm sure it gave you a good workout that time.

FloppyQ

LOMCN Member
May 12, 2020
Be interesting to see how much of GN's income was generated from school kids using splash plastic.