[CD3.55] Talking NPC

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
I recall from my mir 3 experiences a server that had a NPC that would display text locally automatically. I have asked the server owner but am yet to receive a reply so thought to ask you lot if you knew how this is done?

I've had a play around with #speak etc but no luck :(

Rich

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
do you mean talk as a player? If I remember rightly the command for that is #act npcspeak "hello" but if you do a search on it im sure u will be able to confirm, sorry for the text in 1 line I cant seem to 'Enter' for the next line for some reason lol

Upvote 0

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
do you mean talk as a player? If I remember rightly the command for that is #act npcspeak "hello" but if you do a search on it im sure u will be able to confirm, sorry for the text in 1 line I cant seem to 'Enter' for the next line for some reason lol

I've had that problem of not being able to separate paragraphs before as well :)

#act
npcspeak "Hello"

This didn't work nor did variations. There wasn't a npcspeak command in the NPC list and I can't seem to find anything about it using search :(

Yes I did mean talk as a player :)

Upvote 0

Relentless

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
Hull-England
Speak is the right command but its used in a different phrase, i cant actually remember which one it would be but you need to make a script using variables for you to be able to use it to speak.

for E.G

[@Main]
#SAY
<Speak/@@Speak>

[@@Speak]
#ACT
Mov "" A1
goto @Speak1

[@Speak1]
#ACT
HLSCRIPTCMD SPEAK %A1
SPEAK %A1