Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
in TPR we used SS/BA/UE as Auras.

They were always previously castable temporary buffs

For people who didnt play TPR

Auras worked as follows: applied the same buff but in a range from the Tao, you would gradually lose mana (per active aura) - this eventually balanced out so your natural mana regen would mean the mana degen didnt make a difference.

There were Pros and Cons to both buff applications, but I was wondering what people preferr(ed)?

I'd prefer to put the old buffs in if people hate(d) Auras!

Edit:
Consolidating the castable buffs into 1 (so saving skill buttons etc) is another option.

Last edited:

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Both have their benefits/design effects.

Castable temp buffs = good for luring/fights where the tao doesnt need to be close.
Aura's could be made more powerful, which is offset due to the tao needing to be closer to targets which puts them into a more dangerous situation

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
I did like it with the aura but with no effect around chara, pretty much whole server turned them off 😂

Reactions: sweetfa

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
There are non auras in game, but the 3 core Tao buffs were turned to Auras, and just wondering if people would prefer them as:
Auras
Single Buffs (get them at 3 diff levels) defualt is 22/25/31 for SS/BA/UE
Consolidated into 1 buff (get the skill at a higher level then normal) this would be level 27-29ish and would also need a bigger level gap per spell level.

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
I liked the auras as long as we can turn the visuals off as they were awfull on the eyes

Reactions: Belle

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
1 castable buff, which is customisable via an npc in town. Gaining each type of stat should require either quests (if wiz and wars are getting quest lines) or drops, maybe requiring the drop again each time you chose that stat. Stat wise, they should feel awesome, and a real asset to the grp. If groups are around 5 members, taking a tao instead of another dps is a lot of lost dps, this is one way to counteract that loss.

Maybe allow more than one stat to be chosen, but then it gives half the amount, so 10% xp bonus would become 5% exp and 5% bonus dmg or whatever.

Also with that, I think some sort of champion buff (indefinite while taos in grp) could work, where the tao designates one target (pet solo, player in grp) to give an extra buff to. People want taos to be a support class? Fine, this can be one way you could do it while also letting them solo. Anything from dmg you do heals the target, to transferring a % of your def/atk.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I liked the auras as long as we can turn the visuals off as they were awfull on the eyes
but i liked blinding people :(

Still unsure of Auras and Buffs atm, I might bring back the buffs and utilise
the auras in a different way, but we shall see!
1 castable buff, which is customisable via an npc in town. Gaining each type of stat should require either quests (if wiz and wars are getting quest lines) or drops, maybe requiring the drop again each time you chose that stat. Stat wise, they should feel awesome, and a real asset to the grp. If groups are around 5 members, taking a tao instead of another dps is a lot of lost dps, this is one way to counteract that loss.

Maybe allow more than one stat to be chosen, but then it gives half the amount, so 10% xp bonus would become 5% exp and 5% bonus dmg or whatever.

Also with that, I think some sort of champion buff (indefinite while taos in grp) could work, where the tao designates one target (pet solo, player in grp) to give an extra buff to. People want taos to be a support class? Fine, this can be one way you could do it while also letting them solo. Anything from dmg you do heals the target, to transferring a % of your def/atk.

Interesting concept to create a 'build your own' buff.

and like Pet Enhancer, but for people? :D

Then have a skill that when used reduces a % of your SC or DC and buffs it out as the damage stat of your target (so warrior gets extra DC / Wiz gets extra MC)

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
and like Pet Enhancer, but for people? :D

Then have a skill that when used reduces a % of your SC or DC and buffs it out as the damage stat of your target (so warrior gets extra DC / Wiz gets extra MC)

Yeah, so the tao has the option of doing dmg themselves, or crippling it to give away to an ally. Maybe not take the SC, but rather apply a 50% dmg output debuff on them instead. So they can still heal. Apply x% (based on spell level, 0 being a teaser to get them to really want to lvl the skill) of their min-max SC to an ally as SC (so 2 taos could do it to each other to have super heals!)/DC/MC.

KillsFree

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 4, 2014
aura is da best. not to your eyes, but straight to your heart.