Request The Aged old Question - What do you want from a server?

What do YOU want from a Server?

• Euro with Med EXP

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Euro with High EXP

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Full Custom

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Euro with more caves

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Grp/Guild Hunting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SOLO Hunting

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • PVP

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Quests

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Ok so the question is a little out there as we all want different things but what do the masses want?

I myself LOVED euro but like a lot of people the grind was sooo long but once you got so far you didn't want to quit because of all the time that was put in.

So is it just a case of Med/High XP?

Content?

Not to get boring?

More Solo hunting?

More Grp/Guild hunting/boss's?

New ideas?

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Must have to be fully custom, why would you want to play an euro clone over and over again. Custom offers new mysteries, exploring never seen before caves.
Now days all server owners seem to do is put little custom perks in eg, add few items here and there, change the same boring mobs, strengths so forth. Players need to see some difference... All i say is watch this space.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
Euro med-rate with custom, hunts, all that good stuff

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I think you should have made this multiple choice?

For me....new ideas. Bit vague but, there's quite a lot of new features that I haven't seen used to their full potential yet. People seem to either use them "out of the box" with no thought, commitment or originality or don't use them at all.

I have to say whenever I log in to a new server and I'm in Border village killing deer and scarecrows once again, I lose interest super fast. I've experienced it almost as many times as I've seen this thread.

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.
I think you should have made this multiple choice?

For me....new ideas. Bit vague but, there's quite a lot of new features that I haven't seen used to their full potential yet. People seem to either use them "out of the box" with no thought, commitment or originality or don't use them at all.

I have to say whenever I log in to a new server and I'm in Border village killing deer and scarecrows once again, I lose interest super fast. I've experienced it almost as many times as I've seen this thread.

Spot on.

I don't want to start at 40, but **** me sideways I want to get there without doing scarecrows, followed by OC, followed by BC, followed by PT.

Originality is the key.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
I think it really doesnt matter, if you make a good balanced server with stuff to do ect ect people will enjoy it whether its low/med/high rate

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I personally like low|med rate, BUT as Tai has said, the start has to be something different to the bog standard kill deer, hens...
Bosses imo could really do with a AI revamp, the bosses on Mir are all too easy (at least on the servers I've played), they need to be 'smarter' rather than the plain old dumb targeting a random target every x hit(s), I hate the majority of their AI's.
Players need something other than grinding to do, so a variety of tasks|events|sieges and what ever else can be thought of would be great.

Content needs to be balanced in terms of how often it comes out, but that all depends on the player base, playing the same content for month(s) gets boring fast.

Originality is the key.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
What would be best, is ONE server, bring all the creators and owners together, make one decent server that meets peoples needs in the middle and we would have a 300+ usercount. unfortunately, this well never happen as owners are making too much money to do the above. shame :(

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
What would be best, is ONE server, bring all the creators and owners together, make one decent server that meets peoples needs in the middle and we would have a 300+ usercount. unfortunately, this well never happen as owners are making too much money to do the above. shame :(

That'd be worse server going. Everybody has their own preferences, and to tie everybody into 1 server would just be people settling for second best and people wont enjoy it as much. If they all had same goal of a LR server it'd probably work but everybody wants their server to represent what they like within mir.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
'SOLO Hunting' (but the choices should be multiple)

Not quite sure how that should be done since groups should be in game but it should be made that you group to defeat a boss, wage a war etc, not get advantage in gaining levels. I just think the two modes, solo and groups are basically incompatible when it comes to leveling which is a major part of mir life. Once you get even two pple on a mob that is 'so so' for solo player to level on, it it piss easy for them, nevermind large grps. Trying to find a reasonable balance by tweaking those percent of exp you get depending on grp size is always a poor compromise because of the range of different mobs

kingdomgm

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 4, 2009
i always loved euro mir and thought it was great and most server i have made in past have been low to med rate, but tbh i do with mir could do with more maps mobs ect new towns to use instead of the old ones but maybe i might get back into mir at some point this year and start working on a server but never no might just enjoy playing