The Hero's Act Mir 2 - Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenkaichi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 2, 2010
So the funny thing this server isn't half bad , BUT

someone keeps Dos'in the server either an ig player or god forbid some one out of Jealousy

Quit it

so source of the IP Flood is Located in China it comes up with it’s same ip every time

And always seems to be during the mornin/afternoon I left my account on all night not one crash

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Sad c**** seriously it’s a nostalgic game we all love to still play. Is there a way to trace the DDOS? I’d pay for it if there is

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Im sure people have told you this is why home hosting isn't an option any more. Every server suffers attacks, DDOS protection is essential

Reactions: Sanjian

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Im sure people have told you this is why home hosting isn't an option any more. Every server suffers attacks, DDOS protection is essential
Its hosted by Ukhost4u. Isnt a home host.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Even with OVH which has DDOS protection, when it happens and mitigates the traffic, it does several ping spikes or timeouts.
Another issue will be if one slot from the rack has a network issue or gets big attack, whole rack suffers the network issue.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Even with OVH which has DDOS protection, when it happens and mitigates the traffic, it does several ping spikes or timeouts.
Another issue will be if one slot from the rack has a network issue or gets big attack, whole rack suffers the network issue.

💯 this... on first server I had was the same SoYouStart package with specific gaming DDOS protection like @Sanjian mentioned.

I received 2 attacks on the first day of launch that got flagged and emailed to me but the spikes resulted in some folk dying whilst panicking mid lure or pk. No crash but still bad results.

Seems with these comments and @IceMan receiving multiple attacks recently it’s not a fail safe to having the protection.

What are the other options?

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
We received DDOS attacks quite often at the launch of Artificial and throughout the first weeks following, we had to move the server around to find a host with sufficient DDOS mitigation. (Ideally you want to choose a host with alot of bandwidth in their backbone so that they are more easily able to absorb the initial traffic flood.)

However even with the best hosts, when the DDOS protection kicks in, like @Herc mentions there is a brief moment where everyone's ping raise into the thousands potentially causing timeouts/disconnects from the server and some DDOS protection systems will even temporarily ban whole IP ranges following attack, because of this - we found that some players was not able to login for a few minutes after the attack.

I would love to find the culprits behind this, its pathetic; we're a small community trying to keep a game we all love alive.

One way to see historic DDOS attacks is to keep an eye on bandwidth graphs from your host, easy to spot lol:

1610552921024.png

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I said it was essential, not a fail safe.

Reactions: zedina

Ohnozircon

LOMCN Member
Oct 12, 2020
Zedina is one of the main culprits who pay for ddos services, he will deny it untill he's blue in the face, but he does it .

Best host for ddos protection is OVH in my opinion

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
💯 this... on first server I had was the same SoYouStart package with specific gaming DDOS protection like @Sanjian mentioned.

I received 2 attacks on the first day of launch that got flagged and emailed to me but the spikes resulted in some folk dying whilst panicking mid lure or pk. No crash but still bad results.

Seems with these comments and @IceMan receiving multiple attacks recently it’s not a fail safe to having the protection.

What are the other options?

Or IceMan has poor optimized files.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
You will find in-game players do it on purpose to crash the server; so all bosses re-spawn after a reboot.

As it's said above DDOS is essential, and it helps a lot.

IceMan's server it might be DDoS of late but before it was just really bad client lag (as relogging did the trick) - think they all but cleared this up now, though.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
One way round that would be to have it so on reboot it kills all monsters Ingame making it so bosses will need an hour or 2 to spawn. It would stop Ingame player DDOS attacks

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
SUNKEN PROVINCE WILL BE LIVE AT 1PM GMT. New kit, adjusted drops,stats and boss. See you there

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex

locojiji05/25/2021​

so the server is over?

May 26, 2021

MODERAT05/26/2021​

:weary:

May 29, 2021

IceMan05/29/2021​

its still up , till we move to the new files

May 30, 2021

IceMan05/30/2021​

Just completed roaming lord. These can walk tho any town. It may start in bw and make its way to like castle gi

[7:48 PM]
Like they can walk tho town to town gates

Status
Not open for further replies.