The Legend of ̶ M̶i̶r̶ Fishing [Custom Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Full Client:
http://mir2resource.co.uk/LegendOfFishing/LOFClient.7z

AutoPatcher:
http://mir2resource.co.uk/LegendOfFishing/LOFLatest.7z

LOF Goes Live 3rd August 2018 - 6pm GMT * * *

The Legend of ̶ M̶i̶r̶ Fishing

WTF....

Firstly i wanted to do something completely different while still retaining a low rate euro style server. Heres how its all going to work.

3 Classes..... Warrior, Assassin and Archer! Again i wanted to make it different so ive removed the wizard and the taoist. Focusing on DC for all clases. Which means the Archer has been redesigned to work its skills off of DC.

WHY BOTHER FISHING AND FIGHTING?
You will need to fish to gain experience but you will neeed to hunt to gather items/materials/gear so you can fish better fish and catch harder fish and in return get better exp.

So expect to spend maybe a few hours hunting, or chilling out for an hour fishing. The two are designed to work together. But you dont have to fish at all.... you could level on mobs alone.... but its a serious grind if you do!

Once again this is a server i designed for ME to play. Its based entirely around what i liked about Euro while also changing bits that i didnt like. So yes i WILL be playing the game, i will have 2 accounts, a GM account and my regular account that i will play on. If anyone played on my ORIGINS or HeroesEU servers they will know that the server isnt run for money or profit.

As such there is nothing in the game shop at this time. I may extend the GameShop to include things like mounts or companions if this is something that is requested. There is no donations set up at this time
and i will fund the server personnally (just dont tell the mrs or were all in the dog house >.<)

You will never be able to buy items or levels so dont ask. I will name and shame anyone that tries.

Because there is only one GM (myself) i want the server to run itself so i can enjoy playing. i cba to deal
with petty squabbles and as such i wont bother with it. there is no SAFE playing, its not a carebear server.
PK is as its always been and there are no archers in towns, the towns generally have a large safe zone so its easy to access shops without being ganked. The only safe location is the Crafting Quarter.

Features:

CUSTOM GUI

I have designed the server and game to run entirely in 1024x768 This is for serveral reasons, firstly it gives
everyone an even playing field and secondly i couldnt be arsed to design ui elements to suit multiple resolutions. So its 1024x768 only.

ARCHER & ASSASSIN
Because the archer and assassin were never part of my euro experience i have changed the classes slightly in some places and majourly in others in an attempt to create a class that works along side other classes or as a solo option for the server.

The archer has recieved the biggest overhaul removing the need for MC to create damage, altering alot of the server side aspects of the class. The biggest change is how damage is calculated and how hitting a target is calculated. On the official source hitting a target is basically a 60% chance untill you have focus and then focus acts like a slaying adding an extra 30% hit chance with a total of a 90% hit chance with a - % on your distance from the target, so the further away you are from the target then the less likely you are to hit it.

I like this method but wasnt keen on how it was calculated (just a personal opinion and nothing against the offical design of the class)

I have altered the hit chance (accuracy vs agility is still taken into account but only after a hit lands) so that now it works alot on your distance to the target with more focussed on equipment, Bows have an Effective Range, better bows have better range. Also the closer you are, the more likely you are to hit, but the less damage you do and the risk of being hit is always a worry. So players playing the archer will have to manage distance/damage and a very small hp pool.

There is a small gain form the players level aswell so the higher your level/experience with a bow the more likely you are to be skilled with one and can therefore hit more accurately with one.

Focus has also been reworked in that it boosts your chance to hit but ive reduced how often this procs so a focus shot will happen less than official files does but will add more chance to hit.

CLASS OVERVIEW

Warrior - Highest HP of all 3 classes and has the highest top end DC of the classes across weapons.

Assassin - Fastest attack speed of all 3 classes and also capable of dealing alot of burst damage. HP comparable to the
Taoist

Archer - The only ranged class on the server providing good range damage. The hardest class to level solo
and has the smallest HP pool comparable to the wizard. Capable of being able to shoot over walls means it
is the only class able to trap kill bosses without the need to toe to toe them.

SKILL CHANGES
Archer - PoisonShot now requires Poison to be equipped and has been changed from Green to Red to utilise PoisonGems.

Assassin - PoisonSword has been changed from Green to Red to utilise PoisonGems.

Warriors - A new skill has been added callled Corruption. It works similiar to slaying except that it is a chance to apply Red poison to an enemy IF poison is equipped.

With the loss of taos from the server, playes will have to consider their gear when boss hunting as GreenPoison from PoisonAttack is a vital stat to stop bosses regenerating HP.

STAMINA
There is a new resource on this server called Stamina, all classes have the same stamina, stamina gain
and regen. Extra stamina is provided through items and it is a primary resource in the fishing mechanics
which i will cover later on.

Running requires stamina, when you run out of stamina you will drain your HP, Getting a mount early on will help in covering bigger distances without the need to rest.

DUNGEONS
Almost all of the dungeons have been condensed into smaller versions of the original. PT has 4 floors instead of 8 for example.

This is to make boss hunting more fun and less grindy while still retaining a degree of difficulty. There are no mazes.

BLOCKING

There is a new hit message called Blocked which will trigger if you dont have the DC to match the targets AC/AMC. Previously a Miss was triggered on actually missing but also if you didnt have enough DC, so now you can see if you Miss its because of accuracy and if your Blocked its because of DC.

FISHING

The main point of the server for me, was to create a fishing style MMO, i soon realised that when using the crystal files for this purpose i was ignoring some of the other cool features crystal has to offer so i have made a hybrid.

Fishing is fairly basic but revolves around alot of additional stats. Casting Distance, Strike Time, Hooking Chance, Bite Chance, Line Strength, Stamina, Players Level, Landing Distance...

Casting Distance - This is the distance in which you cast out, longer distances have a higher chance of catching bigger fish which in turn rewards better exp. but also further distances increase two other factors, the landing distance and the tension gain.

Strike Time - This is the window of opportunity you have to try and hook the fish. this is directly affected by your float so better floats have a longer window of opportunity for striking.

Hook Chance - This is directly affected by your hook and the ability to hook the fish ready for a fight!

Bite Chance - This is affected by your Bait. There are a variety of baits ranging from basic shopbait to bait from monsters or bait dug up (more detail below)

Line Strength - Once the fish is hooked the fight begins. Several factors now come into play, The distance the fish is at, the line tension and your Stamina. Stamina is constantly drained while fishing, if it reaches 0 you lose the fish and damage your equipment.

Tension - Of your line strength is low (4lb line) then tension gain is greater and faster. To stop tension increasing you can release line from your rod. This will lower tension. however stamina is constantly draining. If tension reaches 100% you will snap your line and your fishing equipment will suffer damage.

If you manage to land your fish before stamina reaches 0 or tension reaches 100% then congratulations you have landed a fish and gained EXP based entirely on the weight of the fish caught.

FISH

Fish ofcourse weight different amounts and there is a variable between all fishing species. So looking at a Carp
it has a MAX Weight of 88lb ( my pb is 28lb if anyone is a fisherman :) ) you may catch a 25lb 0oz carp and get 250 exp. A 88lb 9oz Carp will yield 889 experience...

Yes i am aware that there are 16oz in 1 lb but with what im working with on this server there is 9oz in 1lb >.< so you wont catch an 88lb 15oz Carp for 8815 experience.

There are over 400 different fish to catch but they range across about 85 species from Sea, Lake and river fish. You will catch Sea and some river/sea fish in seas and rivers but you wont catch a lake fish in the sea.

I have tried to maintain some realism with the allowence of fantasy with fish species, sizes and locations.

CRAFTING

I have tried to make the crafting interesting as well as simple. Mining no longer exists as you know it.

Dungeons have MiningSpots like mobs that you need to kill to yield the rewards. the same is for Trees and DigSpots. But each resource requires a different tool, So for trees you need an axe, Digspots require a shovel and mining requires a pickaxe.

There is a Crafting Quarter that is completely safe and is used to craft the majority of your resources. Different Stations deal with different materials.

GEMMING
There are NO ORBS on the server, except for the DurabilityOrb, this is to help try and maintain dura on those prescious items youve worked hard to create. Stones are also Gemmable.

Gemming items will be difficult as there is ALWAYS the risk of a break. Nothing should last forever unless its worked on through the use of the DurabilityOrb. You can still Special Repair Weapons though.

Max stats are +7 across all gems with a +3 max on induvidual stats. This includes added stat items. So a PowerRing drops DC0-7 (+1) it can only be gemmed with a bravery gem twice. BUT if you did get it to DC0-9 (+3) that same ring would only be +2 of the +7 max stats possible.

DurabilityOrbs count towards the +7 but once the dura runs out the item can be DuraOrbbed again.

So lets say:

PowerRing
Dura 8 (+2)
DC0-6
A.Speed +3
Slow +2

Total 7 stats, eventually the (+2) added dura will be removed through repairing and use, allowing it to be gemmed/orbbed again.

DRAGON FORGING

The awakening system has been redesigned completely and renamed Dragon Forging. It remains pretty much the same except you now Dragon Forge all pieces of equipment. Weapons, Helmets, Armour, Necklace, Bracelets, Rings, Belts and Boots.

Upto a maximum of 3 times per piece and stats ranging from common +1 rare +2 legendary +3 and mythical +4 so it would be possible to get a Sword Of War God to 12-12 added DC through Dragon Forging.

The chances of Dragon Forging is a success chance of 98% with a 2% chance of breaking. and the amount added is a 50% chance of success so you could end up with DC 4-4 instead of 12-12 on the Sword Of War God. There is no RESET on this server.

DISASSEMBLE

Renamed the Item Breaker (for want of a better word) will let you destroy most equippable items and gain crafting materials in return aswell as gemshards (used to craft gems)

HOLY
Because holy is designed to deal extra damage to undead and there are alot of undead mobs i have created HolyGems to add Holy as a stat. this will deal bonus damage on undead mobs based on the amount of holy you have.

OTHER FEATURES

- Unique NPC dialogs with faces for NPCs to bring about something different and exciting.

- Monster Target Bar displaying monster HP. This is for all monsters including Bosses.

- Groups are limited to 10 players.

- Guild are limited to 5 players. This is to minimise Guild exploitation and to stop 1 guild dominating all areas of the game. ofcourse the same guild could make multiple guilds but its 5 players max (ATM).

- RandomItemStats have been personalised to my taking on things and now Stones can be added, Necklaces have a chance of luck and some other interesting additions to items.

- Item sets. Recall, Spirit, Smash and RedOrchid sets are in game and reworked with DC as stats, there is a [spirit] blade, dagger and bow to suit all 3 classes.

- Skills have an increased amount of EXP required to level them but it also has a bigger boost in damage at higher levels so leveling skills will feel like its worth it.

- Warrior Level 22 PowerAxe has been replaces with the FateSword skin (same PowerAxe stats of 2-22) because i love the fatesword skin.

- Bosses are on reduced timers, so no waiting 3 hours for an RME. but its not med/hight rate server spawn timers/ monster amounts.

Currently i do not have an ETA on this server. im still working on alot of things but most of the hard server side work has been done. At a guestimate 2-3 months.

This is purely here to get you ALL excited about fishing in mir2!!!!.......

Enjoy.

Any questions? ask away.

(Excuse the poor formatting ive had this written down in notepad and it didnt paste very well >.<)

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Interesting.... Very new and different.

I'd give this a bash to see what it's like.

I like the idea of trying something completely new.

Good luck

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I really like the customisation and amount of work put in. Not sure how a fishing orientated game style will work out but i'm interested to test your new fishing system.

There have been issues with fishing in the past (i assume it has been tested extensively) but keep a close eye on it. The issues I have come across I won't disclose here in publix but if I login and notice them on your server i'll let you know via PM. I think based on your video they may be resolved but still possibly easily manipulated through a modified client.exe.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I mean the customisation looks awesome.

But fishing?, Is it possible to play/progress without fishing?

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I mean the customisation looks awesome.

But fishing?, Is it possible to play/progress without fishing?

So expect to spend maybe a few hours hunting, or chilling out for an hour fishing. The two are designed to work together. But you dont have to fish at all.... you could level on mobs alone.... but its a serious grind if you do!

4th sentence in :)

---------- Post Merged at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I really like the customisation and amount of work put in. Not sure how a fishing orientated game style will work out but i'm interested to test your new fishing system.

There have been issues with fishing in the past (i assume it has been tested extensively) but keep a close eye on it. The issues I have come across I won't disclose here in publix but if I login and notice them on your server i'll let you know via PM. I think based on your video they may be resolved but still possibly easily manipulated through a modified client.exe.

i have ripped the fishing system apart from the server side and altered alot of it.

with a modified client you could disrupt the server definatly, but you could disrupt any crystal server with a modified client i assume? being able to modify the client would take alot of skill as a coder im guessing? i wouldnt know how to do it.

at the end of the day i dont expect the server to reach a 5th of anyones usercount so i cant see anyone wanting to disrupt the server as its mainly for me to play on lol, just like origins im opening it for anyone else whos interested.

most people will have left after 3 weeks because its too slow (even though alot of people want a euro low rate, not alot of people enjoy the tedium) i must be strange because i enjoy the grind >.<

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
As a fisherman the more I read this advert, the more it interests me.

Really hope it works out.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Interesting. Will this appeal more to the casual gamer then as apposed to the hardcore Mir grinder who plays Mir for 20 hours a day?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Fishing for exp is actually really good, DarkZone do event on the weekend and it's nice to chill watch a film whilst gaining to EXP then when you wanna play properly just go smash some bosses / mobs for kit. Obviously their Fishing system is nowhere near as customized as yours either, loving the weight's you've added in very unique.

Nice one Sanj look's very interesting didn't expect anything less from you though,

Good Luck.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Sounds really good!

How’s fishing done? Will it be similar style to bdo?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Sounds really good!

How’s fishing done? Will it be similar style to bdo?

ill make a quick vid in a sec showing the fishing side of things

---------- Post Merged at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Vid showing the basics of the fishing (it hasnt changed mechanically all that much from the original, the GUI is just reinvented with my touches)

there are still a few little bugs to iron out but nothing game breaking, im going through cleaning the bugs up and working on the fishing cells for drops

oh also at the end of the vid i show the poisonshot changes for the archer and how the effective range comes into play for the archer classes weapons.

[video=youtube_share;F5F780JxOsg]https://youtu.be/F5F780JxOsg[/video]

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Interesting. Will this appeal more to the casual gamer then as apposed to the hardcore Mir grinder who plays Mir for 20 hours a day?

i guess like any mmo there will be the variety of casual/hardcore players. it should appeal to anyone who enjoys a low rate server with euro content, and not looking to be 40 in a week with all the best gear.

the idea behind no orbs is that people will smash alot of stuff, but once youve got a beast of an item, it will show you worked hard/got lucky for it :)

ill be a casual player myself and wont be able to pump hours into it (if only i could:() but the hardcore players may enjoy the server, i cant say tbh.

again im not really trying to make a game for the masses, its a server i want to play on

i also know that no one on this server will ever have anything they didnt get dropped. for me thats always been important. more important than money imo

---------- Post Merged at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:14 PM ----------

shame spade doesn't do harvest movement, would look more digging like then!

hmm it must be possible to force the harvest animation based on the weapon shape.... i only havent changed it as there are axes for trees and pickaxes for mineral rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.