The Legend of ̶ M̶i̶r̶ Fishing [Custom Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
ill zip up the current client and upload it

---------- Post Merged at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:07 AM ----------
ill edit main thread

download the full client here

http://mir2resource.co.uk/LegendOfFishing/LOFClient.7z

same issue as the host is so far away. perhaps uploading to another webpage somewhere? i will just continue to download from patcher i guess as ive already got 1gig almost lol

i think that is the cause for me thought.. i upload a ping for you to see if its the issue?
Legend of Fishing ping.jpg

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
same issue as the host is so far away. perhaps uploading to another webpage somewhere? i will just continue to download from patcher i guess as ive already got 1gig almost lol

i think that is the cause for me thought.. i upload a ping for you to see if its the issue?
View attachment 19906

have access to a server? or a vps? could download it directly to that, then download from that? :P

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
have access to a server? or a vps? could download it directly to that, then download from that? :P

enlighten me... give me some guidelines perhaps? canada is welcome all countries but it doesnt like its own kind who have been here from the start... sadly to say i am 3nd generation of the first imported people.... thus saying my grandparents came here and got citizenship and my parents were born here and me and other siblings next.. canada is only 151 year old. they welcome foreigners but hate anyone who lives within their boarders too long... i am about to join forces with isis lol JK

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
enlighten me... give me some guidelines perhaps? canada is welcome all countries but it doesnt like its own kind who have been here from the start... sadly to say i am 3nd generation of the first imported people.... thus saying my grandparents came here and got citizenship and my parents were born here and me and other siblings next.. canada is only 151 year old. they welcome foreigners but hate anyone who lives within their boarders too long... i am about to join forces with isis lol JK

How random :indecisiveness:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

could download it to a server via the wget function, then download it from the server... how ever you want, servers usually have better speeds than most homes, so should take a lot less time, some people might have a little vps or something hanging around which they could use ;)

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hey Sanjian,

Not sure whats going on here but I've just patched the client and the icon for the .exe file has changed. If i double click it it get the message 'This PC cannot run this file'. If I use the old client.exe it says wrong version update game.

Can you help please?

---------- Post Merged at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:16 AM ----------

I've tried running in compatibility mode but no luck either

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Hey Sanjian,

Not sure whats going on here but I've just patched the client and the icon for the .exe file has changed. If i double click it it get the message 'This PC cannot run this file'. If I use the old client.exe it says wrong version update game.

Can you help please?

---------- Post Merged at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:16 AM ----------

I've tried running in compatibility mode but no luck either

delete both the oldclient and client, use the client from the LOFLatest.7z

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
I think I did that this morning bud, is that the one you download from the 1st page of this thread?

3rd August is coming up soonnn ;D

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I think I did that this morning bud, is that the one you download from the 1st page of this thread?

3rd August is coming up soonnn ;D

you can use the one the auto patcher dowloads, it will be in the root folder your using called LOFLatest.7z

and not quiick enough lol

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Thanks bud I'll try again later. I've deliberately not been the beta for a few days because its dragging til launch xD

Oh by the way I'm assuming its an endgame cave but I was level 40 in DC 53 killing in corrupted but the mobs were absolute tanks. Might be worth looking in a few months after launch?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
corrupted and turtles are purposly hard

and and im currently setting up win7 on virtualbox ready for live, i have to play fullscreen and that text issues has broken me lol

Last edited:

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Ah mate don't even get me started on the full screen problem!! Luckily my laptop wasn't that old so anything I had could be deleted - I had to wipe the whole thing to undo all windows updates, then turn the updates off.

It all works fine now though :)

---------- Post Merged at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Im back ingame bud but the client still cant be opened by my laptop - I had to use the old client.

Also expert fishing boots are giving SC0-5 for some reason xD

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Ah mate don't even get me started on the full screen problem!! Luckily my laptop wasn't that old so anything I had could be deleted - I had to wipe the whole thing to undo all windows updates, then turn the updates off.

It all works fine now though :)

---------- Post Merged at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Im back ingame bud but the client still cant be opened by my laptop - I had to use the old client.

Also expert fishing boots are giving SC0-5 for some reason xD

you need the latest client ill upload it

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Thanks bud all good.

Tbh as beta tester I demand 24 hours early access hahaaa ;D

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Thanks bud all good.

Tbh as beta tester I demand 24 hours early access hahaaa ;D

constantly spawning bosses to check the drops and testing gem rates does not qualify you for the 24 hours early access im affraid :P

plus all the files are changed for live lol :D

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
How very dare you I did plenty of real testing before you gave me GM permission :P

I was just trying find a sin weapon higher than 26 from bosses bud - I didn't know any of their names to @make them XD Think I only managed to find monchongblades in the end, didn't want to crash the server by carrying on 100 at a time haha.

By the way, is gem success rate on here altered by body luck? By this I mean exp gained inbetween gemming attempts - this was a feature I've seen on a few servs. Just asking as I seemed to get a better success rate after @lvling myself. Maybe this was just the luck of the drawer tho and its simple %'s for 1st success rate then lower for 2nd etc?

Thanks for adding acc gems back to braces btw.

I was going to test solo some subs / low bosses at lvl 20 ish but I ran out of time this morning!

Any features you'll be adding for live bud that aren't in yet? I know you asked us for some ideas but I'm not sure what other people pitched in.

---------- Post Merged at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Sorry bud, one more Q. I found a gale neck, but not rings - are the rings in game?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
its all good mate :)

body luck is a myth

i dont think there are any features left to add, i just want to play lol

both gale rings and neckies are in game

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Mate tell me about it I'm buzzing for that Friday - just hoping to god that the mrs doesn't kick up a stink because 'I'm on the laptop again' XD

Thanks for letting me know about Gale rings - I'm assuming these will drop from the usual suspects WG/ET/EA etc? Can they be upgraded via forge? I think they should be gems only tbh otherwise a bit OP? Although it is a DC based game after all.

Meant to ask you by the way, would you open to put ina few cave mob kill quests for better fishing gear, or say a quest stone that's a lower level? Like DC large stone for level 20 for example. Or many there are quests like this and ive missed them?

Would be nice to have something to grind for other than fishing bait and ingreds etc :)

Geniusnoob

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2005
Bucks UK
I had stopped testing a while ago as not alot was changing before launch but it seems there have been some adjustments? Other than all the inside knowledge jaffar now has is there anything server wise changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.