The Legend of ̶ M̶i̶r̶ Fishing [Custom Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Sanjian you absolute barstad! I was reading through this post completely amazed at what you had managed to make, then I got to the bottom... eta 2-3 months *cry* haha

Seriously though, looks like you've put tonnes of effort into this, keep the updates coming to keep us all hooked (pun intended ;D)

Look forward to giving this a go and I'm glad to see that you cant AFK fish - that used to really irritate me!

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I have ripped the fishing system apart from the server side and altered alot of it.

with a modified client you could disrupt the server definatly, but you could disrupt any crystal server with a modified client i assume? being able to modify the client would take alot of skill as a coder im guessing? i wouldnt know how to do it.

at the end of the day i dont expect the server to reach a 5th of anyones usercount so i cant see anyone wanting to disrupt the server as its mainly for me to play on lol, just like origins im opening it for anyone else whos interested.

most people will have left after 3 weeks because its too slow (even though alot of people want a euro low rate, not alot of people enjoy the tedium) i must be strange because i enjoy the grind >.<

That's good to hear. Considering the huge amount of changes I hope you provided suitable server side checks otherwise you make it easier to exploit packets and trick the server.

Your right it probably will be out of reach of most standard coders but never the less you get them ego warrior's who want to ruin a good thing.

Good luck!

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
ill make a quick vid in a sec showing the fishing side of things

---------- Post Merged at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Vid showing the basics of the fishing (it hasnt changed mechanically all that much from the original, the GUI is just reinvented with my touches)

there are still a few little bugs to iron out but nothing game breaking, im going through cleaning the bugs up and working on the fishing cells for drops

oh also at the end of the vid i show the poisonshot changes for the archer and how the effective range comes into play for the archer classes weapons.

[video=youtube_share;F5F780JxOsg]https://youtu.be/F5F780JxOsg[/video]
looks good, never really was interested in fishing on Mir, but our concept looks good. Hope a beta will be out soon ;)

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
2-3 months? you gotta kidding me, my rod was already ready for thisssss :cower:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
ive managed to do something ive wanted for a while now

different rods for salt water and freshwater fishing.

now you will need different rods depending on where your going, this also enables me to increase the crafting options for rods.

quick vid

[video=youtube_share;ElDjTB0S5tI]https://youtu.be/ElDjTB0S5tI[/video]

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
ive managed to do something ive wanted for a while now

different rods for salt water and freshwater fishing.

now you will need different rods depending on where your going, this also enables me to increase the crafting options for rods.

quick vid

[video=youtube_share;ElDjTB0S5tI]https://youtu.be/ElDjTB0S5tI[/video]

You need to change bait now so that only certain fish take certain bait :friendly_wink:

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
Really loving the look of this! Loving the extra buttons you have put on the UI too :D

Can't wait!

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Seen something on the second page about adding a river flowing through BW sz, that would be pretty cool so you could e-socialize whilst fishing ^^ Not sure how much work that would require but it's a good idea, liked the boss room one too but not so worried about that.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Seen something on the second page about adding a river flowing through BW sz, that would be pretty cool so you could e-socialize whilst fishing ^^ Not sure how much work that would require but it's a good idea, liked the boss room one too but not so worried about that.

Theres a ****ing canal fed from a river going thru the middle............. infact on one variant of BW i think there is two!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
This looks abolutely amazing, I love the ideas.

Best of luck, hope it's still standing when i finally get time to play something.

forgot

LOMCN Member
Apr 26, 2018
Bullshit is fishing good for exp, typical nub behaviour from piff tho, trash player. How is being afk and gaining exp from stupid fish a good thing? Change your name to Legend of Mir AFK. This honestly sounds even more drab than your previous serv. Goodluck with it though...

---------- Post Merged at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Sad to see so much focus on stupid fishing crap, honestly whats fun about it? Stupidest thing ever added to mir.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Bullshit is fishing good for exp, typical nub behaviour from piff tho, trash player. How is being afk and gaining exp from stupid fish a good thing? Change your name to Legend of Mir AFK. This honestly sounds even more drab than your previous serv. Goodluck with it though...

---------- Post Merged at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Sad to see so much focus on stupid fishing crap, honestly whats fun about it? Stupidest thing ever added to mir.

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

If it doesn't suit you, don't play?

It's nice to see someone trying something different for a change.

P.s. I think his fishing code has been changed meaning you need to actually be at your keyboard to land the fish.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

He's fishing for attention, the lobster only come to this plaice in the hope eel get attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.