The Primordial's Resurrection

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
The feature originates from oldskool mir 2, credits to Ben
Every idea originated from someone else's idea these days.

Also
2 of the weathers

RfZaOEf.gif
PjaT6xW.gif

Unsure if we just have them always on, certain maps or look to expand the system that in certain areas, weather conditions can occur randomly...

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Every idea originated from someone else's idea these days.

Also
2 of the weathers

RfZaOEf.gif
PjaT6xW.gif

Unsure if we just have them always on, certain maps or look to expand the system that in certain areas, weather conditions can occur randomly...
Maybe have things like when it's snowing your player moves 5% slower, Raining maybe slows HP regen slightly? Just an idea

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Which will come first... This or ER?
I'm currently on a "mir break" and both these serves look great for my comeback.

Seems to be the HD servers are the ones with the effort in at the moment...

I suppose I can add another server to my list before finally hanging up the Mir gloves :D

With this one focusing on the more traditional Mir with fresh maps and such, and Sanj's focusing more on the crafting/gathering and customised part...could be a good 2 decent servers.

Honestly though I think timing is everything currently...the player base has dwindled too much and the Mir disconnection is real right now, can't really be split between 10 servers for a decent experience...if these both release at the same time, I will only be playing Sanj's

Reactions: LightBringer

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Seems to be the HD servers are the ones with the effort in at the moment...

I suppose I can add another server to my list before finally hanging up the Mir gloves :D

With this one focusing on the more traditional Mir with fresh maps and such, and Sanj's focusing more on the crafting/gathering and customised part...could be a good 2 decent servers.

Honestly though I think timing is everything currently...the player base has dwindled too much and the Mir disconnection is real right now, can't really be split between 10 servers for a decent experience...if these both release at the same time, I will only be playing Sanj's
i wont release around the same time as light, it seems silly to have 2 servers with such customisation split the community, which it would do.

i really like how lights is also completely custom in terms of maps and locations and mobs, where as im a euro clone becuase i loved euro, no secret im a euro fanboy, it wasnt perfect and thats my aim to improve upon.

really looking forward to seeing lights gui :)

Reactions: Walkers and Jev

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
i wont release around the same time as light, it seems silly to have 2 servers with such customisation split the community, which it would do.

i really like how lights is also completely custom in terms of maps and locations and mobs, where as im a euro clone becuase i loved euro, no secret im a euro fanboy, it wasnt perfect and thats my aim to improve upon.

really looking forward to seeing lights gui :)
Yeah I'd always speak with Sanj anyway before releasing

Always have with upcoming server GMs as no one wants to clash with others.

Looking forward to playing yours when it's released :D

Reactions: Sanjian

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

I'd vote for either certain areas only and or random. Having it permanent on all map means it loses novelty. When I was testing mir3D, there was weather effect of windblown leafs after I crossed border into another map but then it vanished as I got deeper into the map. Not sure if that was permanent or random in some areas.

But if that was all over a map, say for half hour once in a long while, like twice a 'mir day' at most, that might be ok too. Wonder what it would look like at dusk or nighttime, if it would even be noticeable.

Reactions: LightBringer

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Has there ever been a server where the day/dusk/night has been synced with real-time?

Used to be cool in BW at night time with the torches on everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I'd vote for either certain areas only and or random. Having it permanent on all map means it loses novelty. When I was testing mir3D, there was weather effect of windblown leafs after I crossed border into another map but then it vanished as I got deeper into the map. Not sure if that was permanent or random in some areas.

But if that was all over a map, say for half hour once in a long while, like twice a 'mir day' at most, that might be ok too. Wonder what it would look like at dusk or nighttime, if it would even be noticeable.
Weather looks better with the night/cave lighting to be honest; I just operate in full day light as a GM so I can see stuff :D

Finishing off mob areas and when that's done will get some better screenshots of the weather + more mob sneak peeks!

I do like the idea of weather cycling though

Reactions: mir2pion

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Legit don’t think anyone is gna have a nicer gui then yours lol, no homo but your gui and mob health bars are just sexy af.

We shall see! :D

Tbh Sanj's HD stuff inspired us to really move forward with the fullHD as it shows how good mir can look!

IDK if we will beat his ui but it'll still look damn good!

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Has there ever been a server where the day/dusk/night has been synced with real-time?

Used to be cool in BW at night time with the torches on everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nexus V1 was synced to IRL time in the UK but noone picked up on it 😂

Reactions: Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Nexus V1 was synced to IRL time in the UK but noone picked up on it 😂
I think having the weather features that he has shown would also be awesome to have synced to your IPs location.
So for most of us… constant rain in-game

• Haha
Reactions: mir2pion