Release The Three Heroes Client 2001

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Wemade Entertainment 2001 The Three Heroes Client.

Download

Archived - TheWayBackMachine

img_4342-jpeg.32574
1694879813781.png

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Great, now the question is, will someone come up with server to play it :p

The guide is in Italian :ROFLMAO: but maybe they also had English version of the CD and the stock of Italian CDs was left on their hands, which is why they are available.
1694887109650.png

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Great, now the question is, will someone come up with server to play it :p

The guide is in Italian :ROFLMAO: but maybe they also had English version of the CD and the stock of Italian CDs was left on their hands, which is why they are available.
View attachment 32603
I think the only difference with the clients that were sold was the language the PDF Manual was in.

There's a few free online tools to translate PDFs to English.

The CD Itself has this written on it: (The cd was sent to me from Italy, More specifically a flea market stall)
IMG_4352.jpg

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
The CD Itself has this written on it:
"August 8th 2001" on the CD label, ready for the server opening September 14th, after beta period (I didn't play beta but I think it was from April to September 14th).

Any expert here can tell why are maps, sounds and Wil libs in that Data.Cab when they are all in 'WEMADE Entertainment' folder? My guess is the installer would extract the files from the Cab rather than copy them out from that folder.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
"August 8th 2001" on the CD label, ready for the server opening September 14th, after beta period (I didn't play beta but I think it was from April to September 14th).

Any expert here can tell why are maps, sounds and Wil libs in that Data.Cab when they are all in 'WEMADE Entertainment' folder? My guess is the installer would extract the files from the Cab rather than copy them out from that folder.
The Wemade folder wasn’t on the disk but was created when I ran the setup.exe

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Aah, OK. At least we can check the files without running the installer or opening the archive.

There is Woomataurus cry but I have never thought he had any specific sound that would make you aware of its proximity, making him easier to spot. Also no Oma Warrior cry, the bone chilling yell that made my heart beat double the normal rate and hand sweating on the mouse :LOL:
Probably more sound files were added via autpatch for the game opening.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Aah, OK. At least we can check the files without running the installer or opening the archive.

There is Woomataurus cry but I have never thought he had any specific sound that would make you aware of its proximity, making him easier to spot. Also no Oma Warrior cry, the bone chilling yell that made my heart beat double the normal rate and hand sweating on the mouse :LOL:
Probably more sound files were added via autpatch for the game opening.
I remember that WT had a noise/cry that you could hear when you’d slowly make your way round KR finding both of them.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I didn't join any guild in those early days and so didn't get to see WT lair. But much later and even on servers here put up by various folks, I don't remember WT specific call sound.

There was a patch later on when also the WhiteBoar's own sound was removed and made to sound just like any other boars. It might have been removed to make it not as easy to find him on 4 & 5F (possibly also the case with WT sound), I remember putting the sound file back in the client alongside the OW blood curdling cry.