Time No?

Join Discord

TheRealCaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2014
@Chalace I understand projects, I own and operate a company with employees, and with a set leader who is clearly in charge of a vision, and the right people under them a project can be complete properly.

You missed a bit of what i said, I said to make mir the way it was originally, not.. how many classes.. or what new this or that., Original... not a lot to clash about

Yes I realize its copyrighted, that's dosent seem to be stopping anyone for the past how many years now? I doubt they care about murica or Europe. .. its chump change compared to what they pull in asia. Also, im 100% if they seen a server pull in large numbers, they would bring it back. Money talks and cash is king.

And your saying mir is not dead, 40 people on a server max on average at a time is alive too you? Come on.

@Kazuya Yup, its been rough, .. I finally got around to playing witcher wild hunt... its too easy and dull compared to hunting deer at lvl 5 on mir. That feeling of logging on .. trying to get a good price on BIO, catching people you dislike out of sz… the music... .. Im going through the same thing, trying servers and deleting them... I downloaded final fantasy online yesterday, .. it gave me the mir feeling.. than it went away .. that's where this post came from... after the mir feeling went away ii got depressed and drank.. I dont understand the brain functioning behind it.. I just know I love it and miss it.
Post automatically merged:

If I could code... believe me I would be all over this.. I downloaded the files when they first came out .. I made a server... pretty much just did all the things I couldnt in real mir.. got bored... trashed it

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
40k a year, ill be on your 'team'. No-one is going to spend hundreds of hours of their free time working on someone else's 'vision' for nothing.

And there has been a load of 'original' remakes, There's a reason they all die in a week or 2.
You're living in a dream world if you think you can remake Euro server and pull in thousands of players these days. Especially under the radar.

TheRealCaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2014
@Chalace Maybe I am living in a dream world.. and maybe more people should be.

I have no idea how to make it happen.. My mind says, "well, they keep making servers.. they must enjoy it" So I am adding my 2 cents.

And yes they have tried before, but those were usually around the time mir was still active, for people who didnt want too or couldn't pay membership. .. its a little different now.. Im not saying it would work.. how the hell would anyone know.. I just have a hunch it would.

and what do you mean under the radar... there is a forum.. where people promo their servers.. with ads...and game stores... If I was a multi million dollar company.. this would be gone if I wanted it gone.

Either someone at lomcn gives amazing blow jobs.. or the owners of the game just do not care

@zedina what would we need diversity for, at the beginning it will be doing what has been done already... a tried tested and true formula.. Latter on maybe their would be clashes.. that's why there needs to be a leader.. an appointed commish… since anyone playing will be die hard fans... there could even be votes. Most of us know what we want

Last edited:
Reactions: jayjay098

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I think a monthly subscription server could work, people say it would never work, but think about it, a lot of people now pay monthly for music, tv series and movies etc, who would of thought that a few years back lmao! i would happily pay £10-15 a month to play a decent server i knew would be sustainable, with some good marketing and somehow letting real mir players know something big was happening it could pick up a bit maybe? or maybe i'm just being way too optimistic lol

Reactions: TheRealCaNiBuS

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
And yes they have tried before, but those were usually around the time mir was still active

Artificial was up just a couple of months ago (still up with 0 users by the looks of it), by all accounts a Euro clone, they had 5-7(?) players when I tried it... that's how we know... It was from what I remember, the most chilled server I played so far, people just don't want it.

I wasn't trying to be rude, but this 'fresh' idea comes up every couple of months. There is a very good reason we don't have a packed Euro clone running. It's been tried plenty. This would fall under basic market research... as a 'business owner' you should have done this without even thinking.

and what do you mean under the radar... there is a forum.. where people promo their servers.. with ads...and game stores... If I was a multi-million dollar company.. this would be gone if I wanted it gone.
There is a world of difference between this small, closed forum & the commercial advertising/support you would need to reach a player base closer to your expectations.

TheRealCaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2014
@Chalace Thanks for keeping this going, I want everyones opinion. But
Artificial is **** for one reason, the guy said its just a test server, who wants to spend time on that?? He is on to something but his ego is stuck somewhere else.
I never claimed my idea to be new, Im just questioning why it hasent happened yet...I didnt do research because i was speaking my mind without a planned business model.. you should get that.

Now imagine for a second, lomcn got behind this and stopped promoting servers, .. imagine there was one.. no other site would be able to compete, it is actually very marketable on a scale sustainable enough to pay bills for the creators and everyone else involved.... have you ever thought maybe the people in hindsight have possibly made mistakes, or that's not agreeable?

Im old school, all up for debate, I prefer to deconsruct meanings .. I appreciate your negative, its very much needed...can I ask you some questions?

Do you benefit from the way things are currently?
What level were you in mir? ( both 2 & 3 accepted)
Can you benefit from this happening?
How do you feel about change?
What are your future goals?

Do you see where im going with this, If you answerd any of them except 2. you are not a player... thus will not get it.

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I'm not sure you even know what LOMCN stands for.

Im just questioning why it hasent happened yet...I didnt do research because i was speaking my mind without a planned business model.. you should get that.
Do you ask your 'employees' in such an aggressive manner why they haven't done something, without checking if they actually did it first?
No, I don't get 'that'.

Now imagine for a second, lomcn got behind this and stopped promoting servers, .. imagine there was one..
Refer to the first line...

TheRealCaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2014
@Chalace Yes I am hard on my employees as much as I am hard on my self, I Always assume they didnt do their job, and when they did, I applaud... when they didn't I am 90% right.

You are changing the subject, worrying more about my ethics instead of talking about mir, good on you .You are part of the problem... I asked questions, you ignored and continued your weak strike... answer my questions than we can talk like people.. your a robot punk

@Chalace you are out to ruin this before it begins.... I have seen your posts before, your mind is lost in a dark cloud... could be zuma temple but you wouldn't like that..

@Chalace with some thought, I mean im not Dr phil...but you need help. ..dm me and I will help you fight through your complex.

Last edited:

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
Can't imagine working along side some of these(I know it all) jerk offs.

95% developers here are cash oriented, not mir. The real passion is almost extinct,
just people who can't do a server still have it.

You would need passionate player who has no idea about making server to be s team leader :)

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
The problem is that the nostalgia you are referring to, is not actually related to a MirClone version of the game but to the feeling you had of the unknown, the new experience of learning something, trying something new. Even if the community put a server together now it won't be the same. God knows the feeling we had when we approached for the first time a Oma or ForrestYeti to get our asses kicked. The first time we accidentally went to WoomaTemple and got one-shot dead by a WoomaWarrior. Those were the times. Now its just all grind grind grind to the top ranking.

I think this games needs some groundbreaking changes to the mechanics to attract people.. maybe you can keep the same contents but the mechanics need a full overhaul. For example, remove the class selection during character creation.. just make that you can create one type alone of character with a balanced HP/MP (similar to Taoist now). Then let the people ingame chose what destiny they want to follow by themselves. They will have access to all available skills "cross-class". They will be free to wear MC/SC/DC based on their choosing. This new god-like class will allow every player to have the same strength. There will be no excuses anymore saying "but Wizz are the strongest in PvE", "Warr can one-shot a Wizz" and so on. There will be just one class with access to all skills and all items. That's it. The balancing will be on the content alone > Monsters and Items..

I think that could make things interesting again. It would open doors also to kit combinations based on the hunt. Doing this will make player skills standout over other things.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Artificial was up just a couple of months ago (still up with 0 users by the looks of it), by all accounts a Euro clone, they had 5-7(?) players when I tried it... that's how we know... It was from what I remember, the most chilled server I played so far, people just don't want it.

I wasn't trying to be rude, but this 'fresh' idea comes up every couple of months. There is a very good reason we don't have a packed Euro clone running. It's been tried plenty. This would fall under basic market research... as a 'business owner' you should have done this without even thinking.

There is a world of difference between this small, closed forum & the commercial advertising/support you would need to reach a player base closer to your expectations.
Artificial is not doing well because everyone is waiting for an official release, no ones gonna rush to play on a server that's not officially ready :p Its still under development mode is it not. Its just a test server atm.

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
It’s a good “dream” but that’s all it will ever be as unless you buy the content from the actual legal owners.

If a server was ever big enough to attract attention, it would be shut down by the legal owners.

Profiting from a pay monthly business that is based on copyright would also be against the poor team in court.

There may be 1000 people at most that would still play MIR. Some haven’t got the time, some like high rate and cba with the grinding. Most have to much opinions of what should be in the game and what should not that the more ppl you have on a server the more problems you face from said ppl raging on forums....

My advice is pick a server (Valkyrie is pretty decent with upto 150/200 active players) and enjoy yourself.

Also enjoy what the developers have spent countless hours on developing a decent essentially free Mir “fix” server for you to play.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
@Chalace Yes I am hard on my employees as much as I am hard on my self, I Always assume they didnt do their job, and when they did, I applaud... when they didn't I am 90% right.

You are changing the subject, worrying more about my ethics instead of talking about mir, good on you .You are part of the problem... I asked questions, you ignored and continued your weak strike... answer my questions than we can talk like people.. your a robot punk

@Chalace you are out to ruin this before it begins.... I have seen your posts before, your mind is lost in a dark cloud... could be zuma temple but you wouldn't like that..

@Chalace with some thought, I mean im not Dr phil...but you need help. ..dm me and I will help you fight through your complex.

Absolute tool.

Good luck with your 'fresh' idea.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
myself I don't mind these threads come up repeatedly, there is always someone with new ideas and your own get a bit more refined from the last.

To start with, major sticking point in the whole idea is that of cooperation - and look at the OP's already falling out with one of the potential 'powers that be' on such a project if it should happen. That's a touchy mentality that can't stand opposition to what one wants and goes into attack mode.

As for Artificial server, I am not sure or really don't know what goes on behind the scenes to knock together bare bones server - since euro was bare bones anyway you look at it and the default crystal files pretty well are what the euro official was plus some more, way more I hazard to guess. So it would seem all you need to make a true euro clone is a feature stripping job and the tedious job of replicating database stats. But perhaps the aim was/is the current uptodate Korean clone?

I started on it shortly before the Easter event replica with the result when the event ended I still had pretty well 'copper rings' complemented by some lev33 like armor (which had some extra event stats) and then it was back to day to day routine with that typical 'post event hangover'.
I had badly unbalanced kit and managed to knock together funds to buy GAxe someone was selling on TM but still caves somehow didn't feel right (may have been due to that unbalanced kit) and there was nobody in sight when I was on and shortly after that event I logged off one day and never came back again. IMO that poor replica of Easter event shouldn't have happened, was worse than the original since that one at least happened on established and more 'mature' server.

Reactions: Tai

TheRealCaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2014
Im glad everyone came together and brought their points, see I would have never looked at this other than from a player stand point.
A lot of things being said are new thoughts too me, and I agree with a lot of them.

I just put it out there in hopes, but I see now why it wont happen.

Maybe this discussion will help a few people get passed that nostalgia feeling. Cause i know I couldnt.

So if we can all agree this wont happen, whats the next best plan of action? Is there any?

Petitioning to be able to sign into mir china??

Im not kocking the servers by the way, some are great. .. and now I understand everyone has their preferences so their cant be just one nowadays with the low user count available. .. They just arnt mir.

I guess its just best to be thankful for the chance to play at the time we did. .. and be thankful that we can still play at all.

Last edited: