Ultima Online

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
me and my friends really enjoyed official servers with 3d client.

The only good private servers stick to the classic 2d client but it is horrendous, I wish you the best.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury

The only good private servers stick to the classic 2d client but it is horrendous, I wish you the best.
I've started playing the official Atlantic server. Was recruited in to a guild and was given a full LRC suit and 5mil. Just training Magery at the moment. Pretty fun on the latest files

Reactions: WelshSteel

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I've started playing the official Atlantic server. Was recruited in to a guild and was given a full LRC suit and 5mil. Just training Magery at the moment. Pretty fun on the latest files

I'm still impressed with the skill system. It's a lot of fun creating a good solo class and if you prefer magic to make a great mage weapon (so 120 skill + mage weapon -20 so you have 100 melee defense skill to protect you).

If Pinco's UI still exists and works it's amazing to use although quite cpu resource heavy.

Also if you keep playing you might end up wanting to tame a good creature like a Cu Sidhe, you can make macro's to swap your kit (+15 taming+lore ring+brace) so you have "fake" taming skill when you tame and command, meaning you can fit more skills into your character!

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
I'm still impressed with the skill system. It's a lot of fun creating a good solo class and if you prefer magic to make a great mage weapon (so 120 skill + mage weapon -20 so you have 100 melee defense skill to protect you).

If Pinco's UI still exists and works it's amazing to use although quite cpu resource heavy.

Also if you keep playing you might end up wanting to tame a good creature like a Cu Sidhe, you can make macro's to swap your kit (+15 taming+lore ring+brace) so you have "fake" taming skill when you tame and command, meaning you can fit more skills into your character!
I'm a bit confused by the mage weapon situation and -20 skill level. Why would I want to use -20 and then re add it with accessories etc? I'm seeing it everywhere but no idea why it's so good?

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I'm a bit confused by the mage weapon situation and -20 skill level. Why would I want to use -20 and then re add it with accessories etc? I'm seeing it everywhere but no idea why it's so good?

Against PvE and especially PvP, you will be hit easily by a monster's or players melee/ranged physical attack without weapon or melee skill, think of yourself as unarmed.

If you are spec'ing as a mage, usually you would either, lvl up 'Wrestling' skill as a holding a book or being unarmed accounts for that, although this is mainly a PvP focused to do as PvPer's will have skills to disarm you but with Wrestling there is nothing to disarm.

OR

What most mages do is craft or purchase a crafted weapon with 'mage weapon', this gives you a "fake" weapon skill for defensive purposes (cannot be used for any proper offense, basic attacks only and you cannot use weapon skills).

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013

3D client ? Screenshots please!

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
@ventus I speak too quickly! because the original client looks shocking me and my friends call it "3d" but I'm on about 'Enhanced Client', soz m8 😅

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
@ventus I speak too quickly! because the original client looks shocking me and my friends call it "3d" but I'm on about 'Enhanced Client', soz m8 😅
You should look at UO Outlands. it has a legit playerbase of 2-3k daily. Best UO experience i've ever had for sure. Fully custom map with lots of custom stuff. Only thing is, the whole map is Felucia except the starter island where you can get 80 in your skills very fast

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
Lol what a amazing little thing nothing compared to mir. Tho think of editing or adding new editions mile off in comparison

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Lol it came out before mir i believe. Very old MMO but it has same the same mechanics. Open world PVP with death loot. Bosses on timers ETC that can drop good stuff or can drop nothing of value etc.

It's actually a really deep game. You can have houses that can be fully customised which is something i love. You can be any sort of class you want, with any combination. I'm an Archer Tamer. Currently got dragons as pets.