Underwater Phone Cover

Join Discord

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Just curious, has anyone used anything the likes of the below for underwater photos?

What are they like or other recommendations (Got a Samsung 22 Ultra)

Me and the Wife are going on holiday and she wants to take pictures when in the lagoon. I don't really want to buy a GoPro as it's really the only time we'd ever use it.

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
I bought 1 of these for my S20 when i went to Spain, worked well for me kept the phone dry and didn't distort the camera at all

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
I really thought all phones (especially flag ship ones) were waterproof these days. I remember using my Xperia z2 underwater years ago. Found it hard to press the button to capture an image but results were good. Probably a good job I've never tried since if they arnt

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
I really thought all phones (especially flag ship ones) were waterproof these days. I remember using my Xperia z2 underwater years ago. Found it hard to press the button to capture an image but results were good. Probably a good job I've never tried since if they arnt
I believe they're all built to be water resistant rather then actually water proof

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

It's more salt water im of concern about, if I was in a pool or whatever I wouldnt mind

Also prefer not to break another phone haha

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
If you read all the reviews, you'll know if its worth it or not.

I'd rather you didn't break your phone.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Had mixed results 2 years back from a very similar product same latch different brand. Some days it would work perfect other days you would get a few drops inside every now and then. Guess it also depends on how deep your going, we scuba dove at the great barrier reef and they advised us not to take it as they had seen loads fail.

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
i had this too (i live in spain) so i go to beach all year, no leaks, keep dry all time, u can put ur car key inside too

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
You can buy underwater film recorders can't you?

There are films where they do underwater filming.

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
You can buy waterproof zip pouch things, I know certain phones are resistant to even sea water too though.

Enjoy your holiday mate, jealous!

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Isn't there some kitchen appliance for vacuum packing food before storing in a freezer? I imagine it should work just fine to 'pack a phone', the plastic might be clear enough for taking picks through it.

Or just wrap the phone in some thin sticky saran wrap clear plastic foil, in combination of most phone being water resistant it should just be enough for under surface pic taking to some depth where ordinary folks can dive, like maybe two to three meters deep.

Also would look into buying some el cheapo phone for this. Buy then likely any waterproof case would be cheaper I guess, except for saran wrap...

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Just curious, has anyone used anything the likes of the below for underwater photos?

What are they like or other recommendations (Got a Samsung 22 Ultra)

Me and the Wife are going on holiday and she wants to take pictures when in the lagoon. I don't really want to buy a GoPro as it's really the only time we'd ever use it.
I bought one of these for the iPhone 12 Pro Max and it worked brilliantly.