Upcoming Server: EuroMir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anadiel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 1, 2012
Scarborough, UK
And what did you discover?

Not a great deal in all honesty, the only presumtion I was able to come to was it was refering to a user by the name of mapadale *Shrugs* doesnt seem all that important or interesting.

Finished personalizing the server select, login screen and char select a little.
Just some minor stuff in databases to fix before friday =)

morphios87

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2012
yeah i like the sound of it. Anything that gets close to euro mir i will play. Someone bringing out an exact replica or euro, sames rates etc would deffo be a hue hit in my eyes.

Felicity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2004
All sounding good. Looking forward to playing and it's nice to see a donationless server. Hoping there'll be enough players to form a sense of community and of course some friendly competition. Got to love some bug cave brawling! :P

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
Whats gameshop gonna be like? if theres one, i know you've said forum stuff but..

Also x3 euro exp, ppl did lvl40 in a week on euro so what would you say x3 of that is? 42-43-44?

GL on server hope it gets usercount that you expect, i sadly wont be playing as euro went out of fashion for me when i quit euro mir and nothing could ever repeat the feel of euro!

Anadiel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 1, 2012
Scarborough, UK
Whats gameshop gonna be like? if theres one, i know you've said forum stuff but..

Also x3 euro exp, ppl did lvl40 in a week on euro so what would you say x3 of that is? 42-43-44?

GL on server hope it gets usercount that you expect, i sadly wont be playing as euro went out of fashion for me when i quit euro mir and nothing could ever repeat the feel of euro!

1) We wont be having a gameshop.

2) level40 in a week though was pretty hardcore, people tend not to hardcore it so much on private servers. However if they did it would be around 43 or so if they really did want to spend every waking hour grinding for a week.

3) Agree with you that it will be hard to even come close to repeating the feel and community Euro once had, but if no one is willing to try then we will never know! Sad to hear you wont be playing, but thanks for posting and taking an interest in the server.

morphios87

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2012
I have high hopes for this server. I just hope its not like the rest and will be down again by the end of the month.

That is the main reason of not playing private servers. there is no guarantee that they will be stable and stay open for a good length of time (Years).

Felicity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2004
Quick Update:
Relocating hosts to a server in Germany and paying for the host annually, thats right folks, were putting down the cash for a dedicated server for over a year out of our own pockets, our belief is that people should work for what they have in Mir, wont see anyone donating for anything ingame for the lifetime of the server! =)

At present were testing the hardware of the new host to ensure the connection is lag free.

Server is nearing completion, launching this coming Friday!

I have high hopes for this server. I just hope its not like the rest and will be down again by the end of the month.

That is the main reason of not playing private servers. there is no guarantee that they will be stable and stay open for a good length of time (Years).

The hosting is for a year already.

morphios87

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2012
that is a good spot, thanks for pointing this out.... I will now definitely be playing this server when it is available.

mattimean

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2012
thts wot he sed but nowt on there website about it yet. maybe this afternoon sum time hopefully.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
I might have read past but what interface are you using?

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
You say no heroes because it ruins pvp....which i agree with. But they help alot with leveling and boss killing so how about working on implementing a system which disabled your hero when you attack/are attacked by another player. No idea if its possible but its worth a try no?

morphios87

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2012
we used to level and hunt before heroes...I think this game is going right back to old school mir which i think is going to be great.

good old hard slug leveling and hunting is what mir was all about

Felicity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2004
You say no heroes because it ruins pvp....which i agree with. But they help alot with leveling and boss killing so how about working on implementing a system which disabled your hero when you attack/are attacked by another player. No idea if its possible but its worth a try no?

Euromir has heroes disabled, as well as the auto-pot option.

LiliFire

LOMCN n00bie
May 31, 2012
I'll definately be giving it a go, along with a bunch of other people currently standing round in safe zone in our current home cos we can't find the will to continue there lol

BRING ON TOMORROW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.