Upcoming server.

zedina

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2005
[ Mir3 ] Upcoming server.

Greetings,

I think lots of ppls from this forum are also on my Discord but however, i will type it here too:

@DjDarkBoyZ @Breezer and me, been working on the ZenX - PledgeOfBlood server for more than one year ( yes, we have social life too) . Yet due last circumstances (Zircon Source getting released). We decided to port the following changes and ad dons from ZenX engine to Zircon :

- GameGuard
- DXT5 Library
- ZenX Interface
- Encrypted Maps
- Encrypted Libs

+

- Encrypted System.dll
- Packets change

Why?

- Zircon had 470 user count, been stress tested, most bugs been ironed out by Jamie.
- Spells Completed
- MonAi Completed

+ others, that would take at least another 2-3months to develop on ZenX engine.

While we are doing changes on the engine. What players want to be added? what to be changed? I have my own idea how the Server's GameMode will be but however i m keen on feedback

Showcase of ZenX : https://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?101863-ZenX-PledgeOfBlood

ZenX Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/2xBzPs6 ( Discord with over 400 Users Joined )

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I must say, this is quite possibly the biggest 180 of personality anyone's ever seen in the history of mankind.

Having said that,

Goodluck.

zedina

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2005
I must say, this is quite possibly the biggest 180 of personality anyone's ever seen in the history of mankind.

Having said that,

Goodluck.
I know :eagerness:

Despite my controversy with Jamie. The Zircon files (at least on server side are top notch). Would be a shame if not a proper team like ZenX wouldn't handle the situation and bring a good mir3 server up.

Will provide in 2-3weeks the changes on client/server, probably some screens too or even a demo client.

Until then we work and listen on player feedback by what they want to be added ex : kingrooms, new mechanics etc.

DjDarkBoyZ

Mir3 Coder
Developer
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1

Having said that,

Goodluck.
Its good thinking, use stable files and add all the awesome features i coded time ago.

+ Shaders
+ Texture Filtering
+ Mir3 Mechanics (struck/flinch + mouse feeling when focus mobs, pvp, ect)
+ and more features coded in ZenX and not showed...

;)

zedina

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2005
Its good thinking, use stable files and add all the awesome features i coded time ago.

+ Shaders
+ Texture Filtering
+ Mir3 Mechanics (struck/flinch + mouse feeling when focus mobs, pvp, ect)
+ and more features coded in ZenX and not showed...

;)
Yea!! Can't wait to finish it! XD

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Re: [ Mir3 ] Upcoming server.

Greetings,

I think lots of ppls from this forum are also on my Discord but however, i will type it here too:

@DjDarkBoyZ @Breezer and me, been working on the ZenX - PledgeOfBlood server for more than one year ( yes, we have social life too) . Yet due last circumstances (Zircon Source getting released). We decided to port the following changes and ad dons from ZenX engine to Zircon :

- GameGuard
- DXT5 Library
- ZenX Interface
- Encrypted Maps
- Encrypted Libs

+

- Encrypted System.dll
- Packets change

Why?

- Zircon had 470 user count, been stress tested, most bugs been ironed out by Jamie.
- Spells Completed
- MonAi Completed

+ others, that would take at least another 2-3months to develop on ZenX engine.

While we are doing changes on the engine. What players want to be added? what to be changed? I have my own idea how the Server's GameMode will be but however i m keen on feedback

Showcase of ZenX : https://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?101863-ZenX-PledgeOfBlood

ZenX Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/2xBzPs6 ( Discord with over 400 Users Joined )
Good luck,

The part I've put in Red made my throw up a little bit :(

I've avoided many good official games because of that software (GameGuard, NProtect etc)

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Wouldn't mind seeing the DXT5 stuff you've done and the encrypted maps/libs you mean you have encrypted them or you have decrypted kr's new methods?

Can't wait to see what Dj has in store for the files ;)

Skyline

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
As much grief as you all gave each other, it's the right move.

Get the use out of the files Jamie released and also in the hands of a decent coder - Not just some chump who downloads the files and hosts a server (Like Hells).

zedina

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2005
Wouldn't mind seeing the DXT5 stuff you've done and the encrypted maps/libs you mean you have encrypted them or you have decrypted kr's new methods?

Can't wait to see what Dj has in store for the files ;)
On ZenX we had Encrypted libs with new format, same on Minimaps -- would be a shame to waste hours to build a map exclusive for your server then some one copy paste it in 2minutes.

As much grief as you all gave each other, it's the right move.

Get the use out of the files Jamie released and also in the hands of a decent coder - Not just some chump who downloads the files and hosts a server (Like Hells).
Yes, as i stated before, it would take easily 3months to complete ZentaurX source and another 1-2months to test.. while we can simply add our things in Zircon easily and do it in less than 1month.

Wincha( [MENTION=10983]DjDarkBoyZ[/MENTION]) is very good coder we used to work a lot on ZentaurX, also [MENTION=5095]Breezer[/MENTION] is very good designer that he made a very good interface.

Looking forward to see you on testing :p

Skyline

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
On ZenX we had Encrypted libs with new format, same on Minimaps -- would be a shame to waste hours to build a map exclusive for your server then some one copy paste it in 2minutes.

Yes, as i stated before, it would take easily 3months to complete ZentaurX source and another 1-2months to test.. while we can simply add our things in Zircon easily and do it in less than 1month.

Wincha( [MENTION=10983]DjDarkBoyZ[/MENTION]) is very good coder we used to work a lot on ZentaurX, also [MENTION=5095]Breezer[/MENTION] is very good designer that he made a very good interface.

Looking forward to see you on testing :p
Depends when testing is!

I have a 3 week old baby who is taking all my spare time.

killerpot11

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Depends when testing is!

I have a 3 week old baby who is taking all my spare time.
Grats on the baby! :)
I have all my time consumed from a 12hr a day job aswell as my 7month old daughter.
[MENTION=9756]zedina[/MENTION] , sick **** man.. cant wait to play :)

Far

tsniffer
Developer
May 19, 2003

Greetings,

- GameGuard
- DXT5 Library
- ZenX Interface
- Encrypted Maps
- Encrypted Libs

+

- Encrypted System.dll
- Packets change
So after a year of development (pretty sure you started working on your new server well more than a year though) - all you've done is encrypt things so people can't take your work.

If that's your list of features i'm not really sure it was worth encrypting lol

zedina

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2005

So after a year of development (pretty sure you started working on your new server well more than a year though) - all you've done is encrypt things so people can't take your work.

If that's your list of features i'm not really sure it was worth encrypting lol

We worked on more than the list typed, ZenX was a good source.

Far

tsniffer
Developer
May 19, 2003

We worked on more than the list typed, ZenX was a good source.
Just seemed very odd that you'd list encryption as the main (and currently only) selling points for your server you've been working hard at - which is really of no concern to the player and shouldn't be mentioned to start with.

zedina

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2005

Just seemed very odd that you'd list encryption as the main (and currently only) selling points for your server you've been working hard at - which is really of no concern to the player and shouldn't be mentioned to start with.
Listed encryption on first points as is dull to see 10's Copies of zircon ripping each other system.dll and library images. Must be unique.

Skyline

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Congrats for the baby!
For u nothing xD u are now a slave of a feeding machine XDDd
Just kiding, enjoy man! :)
It's actually true... Get home from work, have some food, say hello to the missus before she goes to bed to catch up on sleep.
I then feed, tidy, sit down and it's feeding time again.