Utopia Mir2

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
100% do not have item sockets rerollable by NPC, it defeats the point and is counter intuitive.

If you have a reroll NPC it makes 1 and 2 slot items have zero value, and forces everyone to make every item 3 slot to compete.

It's better to do as Chrons did, and have items drop with slots. That way even 1 and 2 slot items hold value, and 3 slot items are godly. They gotta be rare though, don't want every item dropping slotted.

On Apocv2 there was absolutely zero thrill when even the rarest item dropped, cause it was still worthless... only when tiering, then slotting, then qual orbing, then stat orbing, was an item valuable. You should be able to use an item as soon as it drops, not have to wait for 2 weeks till it betmats your old item.

The dopamine hits / excitement in mir are pking someone, and getting a good item drop. Too much RNG, and expensive outlay to upgrade removes this feeling.

Keep refining for that kind if stuff.
I agree with this it makes finding items with slots more fun.

3gena

Mir2 Server Creator
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Cairo
@Adv @deano13 @Shady
I got your point guys.
I also aiming for something that i think would be better for game. (Gold Sink)
It gives gold his value of keeping server economy running fine.
If i removed slotting reroll with gold i will be forced to make items drop rate harder so the item get its value when it dropped.
I would imagine some of you and not all of you that would be happy to geek hunt to find an item but most wont be happy and will be moaning every boss they are killing that hasnt drop any item..
So its better for me as gamemaster to make the drop rate eaiser little but you have to spend gold to make the item worth using, or salv it and use the mats to craft things like medals, shields, orbs etc..
Anyway as i have mentioned it we can /Poll this option once server is live and we can decided to keep reroll slotting or remove it (simple).

Megon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2010
would rather have good drop rates and having to spend gold on the items to be maxed than never drop rates like imo apocv2 issue was kit were rare that even EM could drop bollox and when you finally find an item and win the roll from the group you find out you need to spend much gold so know if drop rates are proper it will lead to a safe economy.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
literally nobody enjoyed the gold rolls for slots, like Adv said it takes away from getting a rare drop completely, puts way to many varibles into getting a good item which isn't how Mir should be, i said this back on page 1.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
couldnt you make like socket gem/orb and make the runes the gold sink

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Chronicles had it perfect, if you're going to do slots/sockets thats the way to-do it, proof is in the pudding.

Theres a million ways to make gold-sinks, items holding value is a lot better for a server life-span than some silly gold sink.

Most of 3gena's server have very high gold prices on GS items, that itself is more than enough of a gold sink, people buying Hard torchs etc etc.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
I hear your point but I'm doing it anyway.

It spoils the game. We have recent proof of that.

Personally won't play if it's another server where items dropping isnt fun.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Not fully diverting off the discussion, but thoughts on socket gems?
Can brick items rolling a socket, obviously naturally rolled socket items is the creme but having the option to risk your item for a slot?

But agreed on others points of don't devalue drops, with too many options to modify your items after drops (especially with no real risk (item breaking)).

I'd prefer to grind a little longer and get an item that's worth something, then get tons of items I have to invest tons of gold /gg or whatever in to make useful

Reactions: 3gena and Adv

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
To be honest, I played your COVID server which actually was a lot of fun. We all know you're corrupt as hell, but didn't really care. Not sure why you have banned me from the discord. Is there a release date? Also please re consider allowing people to buy items in the TM for GG. I know it puts more money in your pocket, but it's going to make gold pretty worthless regardless of how many sinks you have.

Reactions: Piff1

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
To be honest, I played your COVID server which actually was a lot of fun. We all know you're corrupt as hell, but didn't really care. Not sure why you have banned me from the discord. Is there a release date? Also please re consider allowing people to buy items in the TM for GG. I know it puts more money in your pocket, but it's going to make gold pretty worthless regardless of how many sinks you have.

xD It's like Ben servers, we all know they're courrpt as **** and do under the table deals with select few players but we let it slide because they make fun content and are active Gms.

I also disagree with not being able to buy items with GG from TM, its a nice way for people who cant afford to donate for GG to earn GG,

3gena

Mir2 Server Creator
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Cairo
@Vaynes @Piff1
Well if do u think or sure as your saying that im corrupt and doing deals from under tables. You can easy dont play if you dont like me or my server :)
Never sold items in GS its just as normal (Mounts - Pads - Potions) Most are for Gold, GG but top for GG only (I have to earn $ for the effort i have done to server).
TM GG option is useful for players who doesnt donate (You can sell your items for GG if u want instead of spaming S> **** for GG).

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
h
@Vaynes @Piff1
Well if do u think or sure as your saying that im corrupt and doing deals from under tables. You can easy dont play if you dont like me or my server :)
Never sold items in GS its just as normal (Mounts - Pads - Potions) Most are for Gold, GG but top for GG only (I have to earn $ for the effort i have done to server).
TM GG option is useful for players who doesnt donate (You can sell your items for GG if u want instead of spaming S> **** for GG).
i'll still play regardless, dont be defensive we said you make fun servers, it's just a fact you do dodgy deals, anybody who knows your server will straight up tell you this, i mean ibby, astrix and many other was discussing it in the Apoc discord the other day, what do any of us gain from lying lol?

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
@Vaynes @Piff1
Not sure why you lie about this? Almost don't blame you as most GM's lie about it also. I already stated your servers are quite fun, I don't care about you selling items/spells. Was slightly annoying when you gave Hustler whirlwind on your COVID server and it one shot everything and everyone. And I don't dislike you, barely know you tbh.

And that isn't why you've added GG into TM Gena, see this is what I mean. Just be honest about things, you'll still get players. If your concern was being who don't donate not being able to get GG items, then make them all tradeable? It's what literally every server apart from yours has done? You put GG option into TM, so people spend their real life money buying the GG in turn to buy the items. Which again I can't blame you for, but you'll hurt the gold economy in doing so. It's short sighted, but knowing you. You've likely accepted your servers only really last a few months.

In any case, looking forward to it.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Do players have option to list for gold or GG, or both?

I don't think I mind that feature tbh, only gold sellers will hate it. If a player wants something off the TM that's listed for gold they'll only buy gold off a player anyway. I'd rather the GM got paid than an army of gold sellers.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
h

i'll still play regardless, dont be defensive we said you make fun servers, it's just a fact you do dodgy deals, anybody who knows your server will straight up tell you this, i mean ibby, astrix and many other was discussing it in the Apoc discord the other day, what do any of us gain from lying lol?
discussing what? I said he made better servers than most due to updating content ect? what deals? I think i also left that discord ? defo did not discuss what you said only stated 2 things lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3gena

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
h

? literally said he updates the server more than most gms lol.

Reactions: 3gena

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Sorry Told You GIF by Janet Jackson

• Haha
Reactions: 3gena and Jev