[2.3] Valkyrie Re-Launch

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Pete just because you personally hate me because i said your code is **** ( open up eden elite source its ******* terrible ) so it's not like im lying, don't come here putting a shitter on Valk, i have 0 to do with this server just a fan of the files as they completely **** on everything since Marble.

Funny how Jamie hasn't got a massive company or **** but he made Marble and Zircon run just fine with 0 crash's after just a few weeks lul... Same with Samuel on Acem2 / Chronicles.

Don't be sour because your server only peaked 100 users when there was literally not a other server up or being advertised it just goes to show how sloppy your work really is.

As for 100% stability was maybe a bit of a reach but it was hardly crashing before it closed and it can be done i'm sure, atleast there was somebody ALWAYS at hand to reboot. Was actually gob smacked when prim was pulling 170+ users and i found out if it crashes during the night most of the time it won't be put back up, someone needs hiring for that always.
I mean we are probably deviating from the OP here now...

But you brought me back into it :P

Yeah bad move by me i guess on that (the late night crashes occurred later down the line but still not really excusable - finding people you can trust with your files is quite difficult) - I mean you can automate it, but then it just hits the same crashes, but thats for another conversation.

and from what people were saying Valk was crashing ... and sometimes multiple times, I would prefer to have a big downtime window and the crash be fixed, then the server firing backup and crashing all the time.

The reason they worked, is because they built their source from the ground up, and are damn well good coders, a lot of coders here (not all) are hobbyists, so don't do things optimally, they do it the best way they have learned.

I mean this is why the community is dwindling, is the sheer level of toxic attitude towards people who contribute and code servers to try and keep the game alive and for peoples enjoyment.

AxeWound

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Sep 23, 2016
Wouldn't go anywhere near it, clearly spent the bit coin he made the first time round and now needs a few more pennies so he can send pictures of himself on a shitty holiday slagging off the players again.

Reactions: WhyJewBanMe

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
The question is will game gold purchased on previous attempt be reimbursed? If yes then restart it, if not then its just another cash grab.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Pete just because you personally hate me because i said your code is **** ( open up eden elite source its ******* terrible ) so it's not like im lying, don't come here putting a shitter on Valk, i have 0 to do with this server just a fan of the files as they completely **** on everything since Marble.

Funny how Jamie hasn't got a massive company or **** but he made Marble and Zircon run just fine with 0 crash's after just a few weeks lul... Same with Samuel on Acem2 / Chronicles.

Don't be sour because your server only peaked 100 users when there was literally not a other server up or being advertised it just goes to show how sloppy your work really is.

As for 100% stability was maybe a bit of a reach but it was hardly crashing before it closed and it can be done i'm sure, atleast there was somebody ALWAYS at hand to reboot. Was actually gob smacked when prim was pulling 170+ users and i found out if it crashes during the night most of the time it won't be put back up, someone needs hiring for that always.

Alot of players lost interest in mir after jumping from Apoc to Valk then feeling let down on Valk, as i asked this question to some old players i used to play with.

Whether or not this was due to his personal life, or the fact he admitted he gave up due to the toxic players, why would someone want to jump from server to server and level then another server come out and start all again within such a short space of time.

Regarding crashes in the night if you can't trust someone who you have never spoke to before to fix and fire it back up, then what else can you do? You could set it up to auto boot up, but if it crashes again more chance of people losing stuff.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I have never really played much Mir 3. How come Mir3 PVP is bad compared to Mir2? What are the main differences?

That's a good question because I feel PVP in Mir 3 way more fluid while PVP in Mir 2 is clunky and slow.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I want to go in detail but cba.

Wizards were too good, nerf them or have better PvE instead of brain dead masses, corner, destroy. You nerfed brain dead mining to stabilize economy, but alt a Wiz and you earn far too much, stop it.
Get rid of dicord, just use the forums, keeps suggestions and toxicity much cleaner, will keep Tai happy (which is needed xD)
Whats that temple next to Beetle boss spawn called, make areas like that a weekend entry only with better bonuses than going to Zuma etc, spread people less around the map and it's automatically more spice and make "event areas" for even more spice.
Give Sin and Tao's a little bit of something so they can deal with OP damage numbers, these classes were way too easy to kill, you couldn't really risk any plays with either class.
Skillbooks were an Issue, try and make a system where you get lvl 1 spell books easy, lvl 2's are rare and lvl 3's are extremely rare, so people get to play like they would like but have you still have that drive to find books.

Make the Fox Cave I love, BETTER.

GL valk

Last edited:

tha4thface2

LOMCN Rookie
Jul 26, 2018
why would someone want to jump from server to server and level then another server come out and start all again within such a short space of time.
From what ive gathered, LOMCN is dead and lucky if theres a new post daily. the problem is that the community has been left with a small group of hardcore players some suprisingly never played euro mir. a euro clone can never be made because its not what these handful of gamers want. these hardcores are happy to have a server that allows them to level to max within a week, obtain the best gear, beat every boss and then pvp. you just took what should take years and jammed it into a few weeks of content.
why would any admin make a server for love or for the old school gamers when its only these handful of players that keep these private servers alive. each one gets put up, makes some cash then dies, then gets rereleased again and the cycle repeats.
primordial is already dying, an apparent low rate long term server already has a level 45, already has the best gear dropped, already has those hardcore players bored and demaning change which the admin gladly gave to keep that usercount. the decision to drop drop rt prices to allow those hardcore gamers to spam rts to bosses nearly made me quit because a few shouldnt be able to demand and get so easily. usercount is dropping fast and most active users are afk mining or afk in safe zone.
Post automatically merged:

I mean this is why the community is dwindling, is the sheer level of toxic attitude towards people who contribute and code servers to try and keep the game alive and for peoples enjoyment.
if the community cannot play and enjoy a server as old as phoenix where the DSS was the very best weapon in game then they are not true mir players. mir is dead because all you make now is cashshop servers, high rates and easy drops. you squeeze a years worth of gaming into 2 weeks and wonder why its dying.

Do you personally know how annoying it would be to join a server around launch, play casually everyday to then see new people overtake me a few weeks later or so because you decided to do an exp event 'apparently' allowing new people to catch up? (catch up with what) and then ive had to run every ******* where and now when 1 hardcore player demands you change rt prices you do without any hesitation.
its actually worth keeping him happy isnt it? he donates cash and plays all day whereas i dont.

now ask yourself again WHY the community is dwindling

Last edited:
Reactions: Chriz

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
primordial is already dying, an apparent low rate long term server already has a level 45, already has the best gear dropped, already has those hardcore players bored and demaning change which the admin gladly gave to keep that usercount. the decision to drop drop rt prices to allow those hardcore gamers to spam rts to bosses nearly made me quit

if the community cannot play and enjoy a server as old as phoenix where the DSS was the very best weapon in game then they are not true mir players. mir is dead because all you make now is cashshop servers, high rates and easy drops. you squeeze a years worth of gaming into 2 weeks and wonder why its dying.

Do you personally know how annoying it would be to join a server around launch, play casually everyday to then see new people overtake me a few weeks later or so because you decided to do an exp event 'apparently' allowing new people to catch up? (catch up with what) and then ive had to run every ******* where and now when 1 hardcore player demands you change rt prices you do without any hesitation.
its actually worth keeping him happy isnt it? he donates cash and plays all day whereas i dont.

You sound very hostile there sir, 90% of mir players now want to reach the top end of mir very quick as they have done it server after server, all they play for is the PK, i can assure you no one on primidails as top end kits or no where near, they don't even have many of the top end skills ingame, being level 45 doesn't mean nothing as you always have the players who play 24/7 and will geek it.

Also i can reassure you that its not just 1 player that as asked for RT's to be lowered, we have monitored which bosses get killed and asked feedback from alot of players to why certain bosses don't get killed, this is due to big maps and rt's being expensive.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
From what ive gathered, LOMCN is dead and lucky if theres a new post daily. the problem is that the community has been left with a small group of hardcore players some suprisingly never played euro mir. a euro clone can never be made because its not what these handful of gamers want. these hardcores are happy to have a server that allows them to level to max within a week, obtain the best gear, beat every boss and then pvp. you just took what should take years and jammed it into a few weeks of content.
why would any admin make a server for love or for the old school gamers when its only these handful of players that keep these private servers alive. each one gets put up, makes some cash then dies, then gets rereleased again and the cycle repeats.
primordial is already dying, an apparent low rate long term server already has a level 45, already has the best gear dropped, already has those hardcore players bored and demaning change which the admin gladly gave to keep that usercount. the decision to drop drop rt prices to allow those hardcore gamers to spam rts to bosses nearly made me quit because a few shouldnt be able to demand and get so easily. usercount is dropping fast and most active users are afk mining or afk in safe zone.

I mean it's not really a cash cow server, considering the hours weve put into it, I could just do overtime at my job and earn a lot more money, with a lot less work, stress and time.
You say easy drops, but the easy drops are the items that are supposed to be obtainable relatively easy.

You can't ever do a true low rate as very few people have the time and most people get sick of the huge grind (personally I don't, but that's my play-style).

It wasn't an EXP event for the mid tier + as you would benefit more from farming in the usual places, this was an event to allow people to re-roll with an easier time, or for new people to not feel like they are miles behind, they 'skip' some of the low level stuff (that is only originally fun when you have loads of players the same level doing it).
I always wanted, and plan to continue to do 'introduction' events when we release new caves as it gives everyone the initial insight and some back story to the origins of the monsters, it might not be to everyone's taste but fair enough!

And it wasn't one hard core player suggested it, we have trackers on total gold on server, etc and to help make people spend less on stuff like RTs etc and invest more in other aspects (such as crafting, TM purchaes and our other gold sinks) we have lowered the gold costs on this item. - we have had a lot of requests on discord (DMs) for it as well.

In all honesty I don't actually know which player you are on about.

I asked myself again, and replies like yours where you spread 'rumours' about changes being swung due to one persons suggestion because they are a big spender, spreading false statements about, when you have no idea what actually goes on, in a GMs direct messages.
I could literally pull a couple dozen DMs about RT prices, we listen to players but we also make sure the change is right.

But again, this strays from the OP so apologies

Reactions: Chriz and Violent

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
Hi All -

I have decided i am going to go ahead with this.

After reading through a lot of past messages and suggestions about the home town not being optimal
i have decided to give it a facelift.

below is the upgrade of Dread SZ home town which i have spent the last few days making.

BEFORE
mOIjb9K.jpg

AFTER

ltH2nZs.jpg

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
That looks so much better, Dread was far to dark and not enough space for PK before.

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
What kind of catch up mechanic will you be having this time around? Clearly rested exp is a complete waste of time, as people in this thread have pointed out how much it was hated. Would you be open to other systems? Like a % increase per level lower than max level of your class?

How many times will we go through the cycle of hardcore players dominating a server, new/prospective players quitting because of the power gap, and it just to kill the server. From the start you need to decide how much of a gap there should be between someone playing 16 hours a day and someone playing 6. Hint: it should be fairly small if you want a populated server (like most hugely popular mmo). Making a hardcore server, well just look at what happened to wildstar when they tried to make a hardcore WoW...

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I think you had a server with great potential but it was clear to me by mid 50s as a tao my class was weak and boring with everyone getting cool new skills and me only looking forward to dishing out an exp buff.

Your server failed once so the question is what are you brining to the table this time? I can see comments here and there but seems like minor changes in the grand scheme of things.

Your going to need to have a think and a discussion around why people who donated and played the first time should invest time and money a 2nd time? That's not me bashing you or your server simply a smart business move to make a big post about not just plans but what will be implemented and what content or changes are going to be amazing to attract new and old players alike

Good luck and hope it works out

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
@smeghead2 Yea great server concept but things definetly needed attention that clearly weren't prioritised enough.

We were contesting for Ryu and other world bosses but Tao's and Sins were pretty much a joke, there needs to be some serious thought being put into what skills and items can classes equip before the hard XP grinding. For example, valk made Warrior's "oof" a lot better, that's good, but Tao gets energy shield at way too high a level, we're pretty much buff & poison bots most of the time...and running away was our high lvl mechanics pretty much!

Tao was the most disapointing, Halucination and XP buff were 100% useless, I don't want XP buff in the game it should be replaced with something else for sure! DSFB was meh for how sh1t the class was, I could write many many paragraphs that Discord heard over and over again and I'll stop now! ^^

Few other issues with the game, but for me the balancing and fun factor (tao/sin) of classes after soft cap was the big one, PvP was big everyday and every class should of been viable, no one likes to be forced away from grinding to go to a world boss to play "buff/poison bot" and "lesser warrior".

Last edited:

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
I found all classes to be viable in pvp (late game) , just players weren’t playing them as they should be played.
Taos could have done with something to help between levels 60-80 as that was quite a long grind, but hopefully GM will finish the story line quests past 50 this time (which we wer all promised befor but never happened)

‘Buff/poison bot’ puri/heal to help your group survive, DSFB/SFB to flinch players to help the melees catch them, plenty of ways taos wer useful in boss fights, even solo I managed to win a fight 6v1 in a cave, hardly a class that’s ‘useless’

Will happily return to play again, But only if all updates that wer promised last time are actually ingame, also think that drop rates from bosses could be made better from the start this time. I loved the rarity of items however others didn’t

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
‘Buff/poison bot’ puri/heal to help your group survive, DSFB/SFB to flinch players to help the melees catch them

Oh yea puri spam ofc (not denying that Tao's were useful as a support, there was the problem of too many taos being useless though, the class needs more than simple support skill), anyway top warrior's will kill you if you miss their silhouette, a Sin won't, there is a problem with that, and the way you are making it sound you had a mass of pvp viable Warrior's to support, very different from my experience!

edit - You had the flinching from ranged classes which is normal but when you pair this with Frozen Hammer from Warrior's, it can be your death sentence and the only mechanic is an RT/TT.

Last edited:

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
Oh yea puri spam ofc (not denying that Tao's were useful as a support, there was the problem of too many taos being useless though, the class needs more than simple support skill), anyway top warrior's will kill you if you miss their silhouette, a Sin won't, there is a problem with that, and the way you are making it sound you had a mass of pvp viable Warrior's to support, very different from my experience!

Was just basing it from RYU fights which you was discussing in a previous post, pretty sure most ryu/world boss fights you wer in bombsquad and had plenty of melee chars to support.
I don’t really agree with sins/rogues being weak either, it was more to do with people not using them to their full potential or not being decent kitted, IceBreaker/Iglu and Fatal wer deadly especially if they laid traps

Status
Not open for further replies.