[2.3] Valkyrie Re-Launch

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
We had a handful of good warr's in BS, 1 was seriously kitted out, we'd only have 1 or 2 usually online all the time ready for boss fights, we had too many active Tao's and I think we were pretty good on sin numbers.

Sins and Wizards weren't killing me, only Warrior''s burst and frozen hammer was reliable, I have had bump ins with 1 or 2 sins that had some great DC and legendary kit, that almost killed me when they got close, but I definetly know that part of the reason BS was deadly was because of our Luck 5 Warrior's burst, it's just too easy and there isn't much going on to stop these simple mechanics.
Traps were buffed and were good, obviously their only use is against other melee's and door cover.

Valk has a lot of fixes and changes incoming, pretty pointless hard dicussiing the past, we've yet to properly experience for example Tao's Cursing, Portal plays and Plague debuffs due to their rarity (and portal not working/disabled).

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
Hopefully Lucks removed/values changed this time round, think that was one of the main reasons certain wars seemed OP (totaldamage mainly)

Wiz’s wer strong befor the OB nerf, would be nice to see that reverted to how it was early games.

Would like to see Portal removed from game and replaced with something different for taos, or set up so that it can only be used by the caster as a means to repot etc for Long hunts

I feel a slight delay on TTs Working after use would make pvp a lot more interesting here too

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Luck removed preffered I think, I mean Valk had thrown in crit chance and crit damage into the mix, I think you have to remove something so Warr's don't "OOF!" without much counter play. I don't like how well spec'd Warrior's can put other classes into emergency health values pretty quickly and when other classes do it to them they have the luxury of regular potting or sun potting pretty easily. Valk didn't want to alter the amount of Sun pots you can carry due to the difficulty of going into melee range with WB's, only way I can think of right now to alter suns so they still benefit everyone but it's not easy mode for Warr's is to make the value of heal a lot less when they are used above 150 health or something.
Hopefully holding Suns in mail to pick up anywhere is gone as well.

I'm not sure about OB, all I know is it didn't pose much of a lethal threat if I was under it, didn't the opponent have to move under it for it to do more damage?

I think Portal is fine for sending an ally to your party when they are out of position/about to die. I was accidently looking through skills of Mir Arcadia (wtf is this game lol) and they have "Resist Fire", would love for Tao's to cast that as an area spell, could give something like 50% chance of you getting hit by skills like Flaming Sword and Firewall for a duration (Firewall door spams have always been the b1tch of Mir xD then could buff OB so Wiz's are happy with it for general purpose)

With how player drop rates were, I never want to see a nerf to RT or TT, the many pvp heads like drops and RT'ing or TT'ing you end up losing position on objectives and you'll end up getting ****ed eventually so it works out fine.

Last edited:

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
Yeah OB dealt more damage when moving in it, but it got changed at one point and on weak casts it was doing about 30damage in total.

The resist fires a good idea but I think that’s different files so maybe easier to do with the heroes files and with the little amount of spare time the gm has I think he’s best focusing on other things (could imagine it being a big job) however an overall damage reduction for a certain time with a big cool down could probably be achieved easily (30% reduction at level 3 60second CD 3-10 second duration)

Body drops got ninja nerfed at some point (think you’d quit by then) I think a delay on the TTs would make u have to be more prepared and ready for fights starting.

This wilderness style map needs adding befor launch too, I think it was one of the main reasons a lot of people tried the server

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
Only problem I see with Valk is the same as all these other servers, why are people investing time into servers when the owner of the server is just going to close it as and when he feels like it? I get the server has to pay for itself. But in my eyes once you've opened a server then closed it when it still has players willing to play, why are people stupid enough to go again?

Reactions: StormHero

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Only problem I see with Valk is the same as all these other servers, why are people investing time into servers when the owner of the server is just going to close it as and when he feels like it? I get the server has to pay for itself. But in my eyes once you've opened a server then closed it when it still has players willing to play, why are people stupid enough to go again?
I do agree with this, however mir players just follow the crowd, so if all their mates go back they will and so on.
However GM's do learn from mistakes from previous servers and do correct it on their next server.
One thing i didn't like was how many books/items came from them NPC's thats the only part i didn't enjoy, unsure if this NPC will be in this time around tho.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
But in my eyes once you've opened a server then closed it when it still has players willing to play, why are people stupid enough to go again?

People ended up barely fighting for objectives in the end and they were getting owned by the top, not to mention the hardcore were making alt guilds full of sun pots, mailing them and opening them whenever. The gold sink didn't apply to them because they were using their alt Wiz's and earning too much.

The XP gaps were huge because the hardcore would be online 24/7 and could easily gain their XP compensation, rested XP for people not online all the time was getting taken away. Getting carried by a Wiz in Mino's or Zuma was insane XP , other areas weren't complete and actually dropping much less gold and items.

Valk's re-release will be way more complete, it should be really good and I recommend people to try it because the concept is currently the best Mir 2 server I've experienced, better than Marble (even though Marble's Hallucination was MY JAM! xD ).

Logik

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 22, 2017
certain wars seemed OP (totaldamage mainly)
haha u know it ;P
in all seriousness defo relaunch valk, best melee pvp server for c# that ive played - Maybe a bias opinion due to having 150DC :P

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Luck removed preffered I think, I mean Valk had thrown in crit chance and crit damage into the mix, I think you have to remove something so Warr's don't "OOF!" without much counter play. I don't like how well spec'd Warrior's can put other classes into emergency health values pretty quickly and when other classes do it to them they have the luxury of regular potting or sun potting pretty easily. Valk didn't want to alter the amount of Sun pots you can carry due to the difficulty of going into melee range with WB's, only way I can think of right now to alter suns so they still benefit everyone but it's not easy mode for Warr's is to make the value of heal a lot less when they are used above 150 health or something.
Hopefully holding Suns in mail to pick up anywhere is gone as well.

I'm not sure about OB, all I know is it didn't pose much of a lethal threat if I was under it, didn't the opponent have to move under it for it to do more damage?

I think Portal is fine for sending an ally to your party when they are out of position/about to die. I was accidently looking through skills of Mir Arcadia (wtf is this game lol) and they have "Resist Fire", would love for Tao's to cast that as an area spell, could give something like 50% chance of you getting hit by skills like Flaming Sword and Firewall for a duration (Firewall door spams have always been the b1tch of Mir xD then could buff OB so Wiz's are happy with it for general purpose)

With how player drop rates were, I never want to see a nerf to RT or TT, the many pvp heads like drops and RT'ing or TT'ing you end up losing position on objectives and you'll end up getting ****ed eventually so it works out fine.

I think OB was pretty powerful on here and if you had decent mc and luck stand in it won’t hurt as much but mid run you was a goner till it was nerfed, luck was really powerful at 5 and it seemed too easy to hit luck 5 everyone had it lol and I think that’s where the issue was people dealing stupid damage like on my sin, I moved to Iglu when he got starburst stream and could literally delete warriors taos and other sins due to that + luck with high dc.

I had a problem with wizzies with their AC shield up in pretty high Dc hitting 10 dmg etc, and there’s literally nothing I can do about it unless I call a range or warrior to delete them

Also Arcadia is full of elements (fire damage fire resist etc) would be cool to see something like that on another server tho but limited ^_^

Sun pots were an issue coz they were so easy to get on here just go lvling u get a full bag lol from them mass drops, only found them an issue when one person could run into 7/8 people and survive holding down suns lol and luck 5 prevented that I guess xD

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
@ibby ye m8 the main issue for me was I wasn't bumping into any Sins using Starburst Stream against me because of it being outrageously rare, aslong as I'm higher lvl than sins I can just Repulse them away and Warrior's quick Flame Sword and whatever else burst ends up shining a lot more.

After thinking I don't want Luck removed, it's a fun and effective mechanic everyone ends up enjoying (should defo consider more counter plays to Warrior burst though) but there was a problem with easy acquiring Bene's from Ying and Yang, imo would be nice if possible to make a unique pot from bosses like Ying and Yang that goes up to Luck 3 max and then you have to go down the long road of acquiring "real Bene's" from much more difficult bosses and a rare chance from cave subs (because at least you have to find and contest for them!).

Wiz shield was a problem for a long time, I think Valk changed it very late on so that resistances apply before and not after, that was the deal behind them tanking truck loads of damage from players and being practically invincible in Zuma and Mino mass spawns.

I think a cooldown on Suns is needed, 2 seconds at the very least, I agree with Valk that other ideas were horrible for players in PvE who want to survive against bosses or tough PvE in general. If Suns get a cooldown and there is more counter play in PvP against simple quick burst from Warrior's then I'm pretty much happy I think, hopefully Luck 5 weapons will be a mission to get too.

Guccci

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
You gonna be handing out unlimited GG to your mates again? 🙈

Reactions: Tai

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Dunno if he's being an idiot. Was there not an incident or something where friends were giving GG?

Also I think a problem and something I waited a few days to say encase it was wrong was the communication and lack there of.

Even when the server was caught modifying it's user count (sticking a disclaimer as I know piff had a hard on around this situation that this could of been a mistake from someone not comfortable with coding files) there was very little communication even to Tai which lead to getting took off server count reducing your attraction to new players and feel like we're seeing the same here.

The guy posted a few times to feel interest but nothing since 28th May to answer any concerns or build hype. I reckon Welsh has defended or talked about the server more in the thread and I don't see much comments around major problems.

Like the new starting area as other one bit confusing but not seeing anything to make it massively different. I think we have gone from pokemon red to pokemon blue kind of changes but it's going to need more to compete

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Dunno if he's being an idiot. Was there not an incident or something where friends were giving GG?

Also I think a problem and something I waited a few days to say encase it was wrong was the communication and lack there of.

Even when the server was caught modifying it's user count (sticking a disclaimer as I know piff had a hard on around this situation that this could of been a mistake from someone not comfortable with coding files) there was very little communication even to Tai which lead to getting took off server count reducing your attraction to new players and feel like we're seeing the same here.

The guy posted a few times to feel interest but nothing since 28th May to answer any concerns or build hype. I reckon Welsh has defended or talked about the server more in the thread and I don't see much comments around major problems.

Like the new starting area as other one bit confusing but not seeing anything to make it massively different. I think we have gone from pokemon red to pokemon blue kind of changes but it's going to need more to compete

You chat so much **** its unreal, I know Valk have for 12+ years, he doesn't care enough to bot a usercount.

Only person who was given GG that i know of was Pink, which got a couple of exp pots for keeping the server online 24/7, which is fair enough the poor ****** was re-upping the server every night / early hours.

There's around 5-6 of us in a FB group, making sure the testing gets done PROPERLY and all bugs get ironed out, Valk is going to post a thread once hes ready, what do you want a ******* 24/7 update thread with picture every single time he progresses ? People like you need shooting. Look at the state of Mir right now why would u not want a re-launch?

Just Orbital Bombardment ALONE made this the best ever Mir on #C to date.. His materials had more thought put into them than 90% of server these days.

Yea keep slagging off the only promising server being released until Sapphire in 2020, Smart one.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016

Something was used to mirror the server count, the issue was that it wasn't directly linked to the game. The problem was when Tai stuck his nose in, it was CLEAR as day that Valkryrie server was similar to Zircon's count (even more active players, no afk pet/miners), but then he logged on for one morning and struggled to find anyone (Valkryrie server has much more good places to be than others, people are spread) he claimed the server count was totally doctored and was so because "no one was playing".

It's all pretty much propaganda (the GG thing lol...Tai liked that post no surprise!), there is bias within the Mir community, Valk didn't make his identity public and it pissed "them" off, what made them go on the offensive was prioritising discord, just shameful, Forums are still great but they can't remain to be number 1 with clever apps like Discord!

Now if we can get back to talking about the future rather than rumours grabbed that would be great!

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
My advice would be, don't knock it til you've tried it. Never played last Valk so I can't say about past events, usually I'd say anyone that's run a server before I wouldn't even download it but I've seen the effort being put into the re-launch. And as you just said, there hasn't been a lot of hype about it, yet regardless the guy is still going to great lengths to get it right. Scouring the forums for new ideas and suggestions, getting help with testing rather than just throwing it out and hoping for the best. Aint gna make any judgements until I've tried it of course but from what I've seen and heard it's looking promising.

As for Tai's input, the guy runs this site and will advertise ANY server. regardless of what state the files are in or whether it's balanced or not so I wouldn't take his word for anything anyways. He has no interest in mir. If he did he'd put more effort into checking servers are up to scratch before advertising them on his site rather than worrying about usercounts.

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
Hi -

Thought i would just reply in here as i have been actively following this thread 2-3 times every day.

My programmer (ColdFusion) is working on new features and i am ruthlessly working on the server every night.
I have also brought in Smir(Martyn) to help out with the GM side of things.
I am currently building a new UI which is taking up most of my time.

Once i have a sufficient amount of material i will release the ad with the new changes ect.

The original discord channel is still open and anyone is free to join and make suggestions as there is a lot of on going discussions in there regarding game play / bugs / fixes as well as new ideas which could be added.

The server is online for testing for anyone who wishes to login, the patcher is pinned on the discord channel.
Any feedback is welcomed.

Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/McjpEf

Below is another map i have almost finished, within this map will be a brand new never before seen play style and mechanic which will really add a breath of fresh air into mir.

zOQeH6i.png

Regards

Valkyrie

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Something was used to mirror the server count, the issue was that it wasn't directly linked to the game. The problem was when Tai stuck his nose in, it was CLEAR as day that Valkryrie server was similar to Zircon's count (even more active players, no afk pet/miners), but then he logged on for one morning and struggled to find anyone (Valkryrie server has much more good places to be than others, people are spread) he claimed the server count was totally doctored and was so because "no one was playing".

Wha?

People like you love to think they know the T but you really don't know the half of it. And why would you... all you've done is piece together a few bits of information from here and there and filled in the rest. Logged on one morning? I played for weeks. Even played with you. Did you know that? Do you know Valk's history? Nope. Please return to your seat, sir.

• Wow
Reactions: Jungle

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Wha?

People like you love to think they know the T but you really don't know the half of it. And why would you... all you've done is piece together a few bits of information from here and there and filled in the rest. Logged on one morning? I played for weeks. Even played with you. Did you know that? Do you know Valk's history? Nope. Please return to your seat, sir.
Careful, they know everything.

It's still funny to this day I haven't seen Valk once deny it, which is surprising really.

Status
Not open for further replies.